The MCC Discussion Thread

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Round 1 for May is up.

@void_nothing Any news about judging for March final round?
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

In the midst of judging!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Congratulations @bravelion83!
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Thanks everybody. I just wanted to say a few things.

We have a winner for March in May! I think it might be a new record! I'm just joking of course... but the contest has become slower and slower over the time. I'll try to fix that at least for a month, we will see if I can manage to do it.

I think I can say now what I think @Venedrex's self-admitted mistake was.
Is this the mistake?
Show
Hide
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Seed of Doubt
Enchantment — Aura Curse (M)
This spell costs 1 less to cast if it targets an opponent.
Enchant player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player chooses a card type, then reveals the top card of their library. That player loses life equal to that card's mana value times the number of Curses they control. If the revealed card shares a type with the chosen type, put it into that player's hand. Otherwise, that player creates a token that's a copy of Seed of Doubt.
No, it's not the missing mana tags in the first ability, that's way too obvious. "...the number of Curses they control." I think this is it. A player does NOT control the Curses attached to them, which I think was the intention here. Let's say we're in a traditional two-player game. I have enchanted you with two Curses and you have enchanted me with three Curses (just to have different numbers so that I can try to better explain what I think the point is). At the beginning of my upkeep, this card's last ability triggers. Let's say we both pass priority and it resolves. I choose, let's say, "creature", and let's say I have four of them out. Yes, it would be smarter to name a card type of which I have none, but again, just for the sake of clarity. I reveal the top card, let's say it's a five-drop (again, to have different numbers). How much life do I lose? As worded, I lose five (the revealed card's MV) times the number of Curses I control, which is two, not three. I control the Curses enchanting you, not those enchanting myself. So, as written, I'd lose ten life. I think the intent here was for me to lose fifteen life, five times three (the number of Curses enchanting me, not that I control, because you actually control them). Then the rest of the ability happens, but I see no problems there. I think this was the mistake, and it actually took me multiple readings to notice it. You don't have to answer whether I'm right or not, I just wanted to say what I thought the mistake was.
Finally, my notes for the winning card. This time I will have to edit a few things in for two reasons: first most of it was just in my head, and second, some of these notes were written in Italian, so I will have to translate them because I cannot just assume that everybody is or understands Italian around here. That said, here we go!
The card
Show
Hide
Hall of Statues {2/W}{2/U}
Artifact (M)
As Hall of Statues enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1.
{2/W}{2/W}, T: Create a 1/1 colorless creature token of the chosen type.
{2/U}{2/U}, T: Create a token that's a copy of Hall of Statues.
Legend says that at the heart of Master Kentor's manor on the plane of Pydora lies a circular room where all the souls of the world are stored in statues, with a magical stone at its center, apparently formless, but able to self-replicate and take the shape of any of them.
Thought process and design notes
Show
Hide
Edited parts in italics. I'll replace card quotes with autolinks.

I had really no idea where to start. All I knew was that I wanted an effect that stacked, and the easier and first one that came to my mind was an anthem. I went back and forth whether it would have been an anthem for all your creatures or just for creatures of a type you chose. I tried to write down both versions, and I thought the one that only pumped creatures of a chosen type was both more interesting and felt more mythic. Then I wrote down all the relevant precedents I could find.

Adaptive Automaton, Door of Destinies, Rally the Ranks.

Version 1

Hall of Statues 2
Artifact (M)
3, T: Create a 1/1 colorless creature token of the chosen type.
4, T: Create a token that's a copy of Hall of Statues.
Master Kentor is rumored to be the most powerful wizard on the plane of Pydora. Legend says that at the heart of his manor lies a circular room where all the souls of the world are stored in statues. At the center of the room there would be a magical stone, apparently formless, but able to replicate and take the shape of any of them.

You will notice a few things here.

The obvious first one is that it was a colorless artifact, which will become relevant later.

Then you might notice the costs. I was trying to extrapolate some kind of pattern from the precedents, and I also liked the 2 3 4 sequence of mana cost, first ability, and second ability too much to change it, I found it really elegant. I admit I was a little worried about this costing only two mana though, and this will also come back later.

Third, I struggled a lot with the flavor. How do I represent creating tokens of an arbitrary creature type and pumping them at the same time? After quite some time, I worked something out. This was not a fast inspiration but more like days spent thinking about that, asking myself what could it be and trying to work it out in a mechanical, almost grinding if you wish, way. What I settled on was that the tokens were statues in a magical hall and that you chould choose the creature type because all souls of all kind of beings were trapped in those statues. That naturally led me to think about Velis Vel on Lorwyn and I tried to make it work with changelings, but it wasn't exactly the same and I wasn't satisfied with what I was trying to write. I don't even remember that first attempt at flavor text and I didn't save it anywhere, not even in my MSE file. I just erased it and went back to the statues. What plane could it be? No existing plane seemed to fit, and I even thought of the Planechase-only ones, so I just thought I would make this a new plane. The word "Pydora" comes from the Ukrainian word for "nature", which is "pryroda" according to Google Translate. I think it's obvious why I immediately thought about using the Ukrainian language in times like these. The name "Master Kentor" is the one piece that just came to me. It just sounded good. Then I realized it reminded me of the mathematician Cantor, who worked on the concept of infinity, and I thought that fit very well with an infinite replicator, so I left it there. That infinite replicator was meant to be the formless stone at the center of the room that could take the shape of any of the statues (create tokens of that type) while also replicating itself in the process (creating multiples of those tokens by cloning itself). I didn't find a way to include the anthem effect in the flavor. You will also notice that this first version of the flavor text was even longer than the one I submitted. In MSE, this version is nine total lines, each sentence of rules text is on its own line, and then five lines of flavor text. Yes, there were four breaks, but somehow MSE rendered it within the ten lines that I consider the limit based on Animate Dead|EMA, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Finally, the tokens were colorless because I didn't know what color they would have naturally been. If you played this in an Elf deck, they would have probably been green, but if you played it in a Goblin one, they wanted to be red, and so on for the other colors. At one point, I just thought to make the token all five colors to include everything, but then I thought colorless was better. What I totally did NOT think about was the lack of the word "artifact" there... The tokens are supposed to be statues but they aren't artifacts! That would carry on to the final card and I would realize that only after the deadline.

All of this was just in my brain, except for the Ukrainian word that I took note of. Here we finally arrive at the only words I have actually written.

In English:

MCC MARCH R4, design deadline on the 21st. Keep on thinking about the Hall of Statues.

In Italian (translated here):

Flavor still doesn't convince me, I talk about a sphere in the flavor text and then the card actually represents the hall, that yes, I do mention in the flavor text, but it looks like the sphere is the focal point. Maybe it is also in the flavor text, but in that case the name is misleading... And then, most of all, the flavor text is still too long. (Here I'm referring to that of version 1, not the final one.) Do I want to cut the entire first sentence? But then, where do I put the names of the wizard and of the plane?

Mechanically, do I really want this to be a colorless artifact? I'd also have a colored version, which actually was the original idea... (I remember I did it at first, but now there is no trace left of that version of the card. Anyway, I do remember one thing: that very first version was an ordinary colored artifact, it didn't have any twobrid mana on it.)

Back to English (I'm half-Italian half-British, so I have no problems switching seamlessly between the two languages even in the middle of a sentence, I do it naturally every day...)

Beware of the "everybody can play this" problem. (This was where I worried about it being a colorless artifact, going into any deck because of not having any colored mana on it.)

Back to Italian:

How would it interact with tribal decks? Is the idea of an anthem for any tribe that can replicate itself stacking the bonuses too dangerous to be colorless? And if I want it to be colored, W for sure, but then mono W, GW, or WU? Look at the Mechanical Color Pie (Maro's article) if you need it, don't be afraid to use it!

Yes, I was talking to myself in that last sentence. Don't worry about it, it's normal, I also do that every day. Anyway, copy/pasting the relevant English text from Maro's article:

Mechanical color pie:
Copying permanents, permanently
Primary: Blue

Ok, U that was! I forgot about green, but I still didn't like the fact that I had to cost all the effects differently, I would have liked more symmetry to be there. That's when a thought suddenly hit me:

***** (Italian imprecation, the equivalent of the English four-letter word which we all know... even if in Italian it's five letters...), TWOBRID! LET IT BE BOTH!

At this point I tried to find a way to cut the first sentence of flavor text while still mentioning the wizard's name and that of the plane, turning the flavor text into its final form, and then I went to post the card. I also realized that twobrid mana was an interesting way to balance the card: let it cost two mana, as it was at the very beginning, but only if you use the right colors, otherwise you can still cast it but it will cost you more mana. The following was written in English after posting the card:

Twobrid because I couldn't decide whether this should be a colorless or colored artifact, because of the "everybody can play this" problem of colorless artifacts. It was the last day before the deadline (the 21st) and I thought: why do I have to decide? Why not both? So I chose to use twobrid.

What I didn't realize is that, somehow, using twobrid, while giving the card a nice and elegant symmetry, broke all the font sizes on the card in MSE. The first and third abilities turned into two lines each, with the second line being only the single word "type" at the end. The flavor text, which I managed to turn from five to four lines by cutting the first sentence, suddenly went back to five lines, with the last one being only the single final word "them." Now it was eleven lines, three of which were a single word long, and four breaks, so it was definitely beyond the limits of microtext now, the judges are right. But somehow I managed to not realize it until after the deadline.

Overall, I felt like this was a really uninspired entry and I didn't feel confident about it at all. Then I saw Venedrex mentioning their mistake and I went to look at their card. It's at this point that I see the mistake I've just detailed before these notes, or at least what I think the mistake is, and came here to post about the fact that I noticed the mistake and I didn't feel good about winning this way, which is true, and if you noticed I added an "if I win" to that. That's how (little) confident I still was about my card even after noticing my opponent's mistake (if it actually is what I still think it is). You can find that post just a few ones above this. That was the context, but I didn't want to say any of this at the time because judgments were still open, and I didn't want to influence the judges.
Ok, I think this is all. Many thanks if you beared with me until now. I'll see you in this month's MCC. Check out Round 1 if you haven't already!
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
Show
Hide
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Venedrex

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks everybody. I just wanted to say a few things.

We have a winner for March in May! I think it might be a new record! I'm just joking of course... but the contest has become slower and slower over the time. I'll try to fix that at least for a month, we will see if I can manage to do it.

I think I can say now what I think @Venedrex's self-admitted mistake was.
Is this the mistake?
Show
Hide
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Seed of Doubt
Enchantment — Aura Curse (M)
This spell costs 1 less to cast if it targets an opponent.
Enchant player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player chooses a card type, then reveals the top card of their library. That player loses life equal to that card's mana value times the number of Curses they control. If the revealed card shares a type with the chosen type, put it into that player's hand. Otherwise, that player creates a token that's a copy of Seed of Doubt.
No, it's not the missing mana tags in the first ability, that's way too obvious. "...the number of Curses they control." I think this is it. A player does NOT control the Curses attached to them, which I think was the intention here. Let's say we're in a traditional two-player game. I have enchanted you with two Curses and you have enchanted me with three Curses (just to have different numbers so that I can try to better explain what I think the point is). At the beginning of my upkeep, this card's last ability triggers. Let's say we both pass priority and it resolves. I choose, let's say, "creature", and let's say I have four of them out. Yes, it would be smarter to name a card type of which I have none, but again, just for the sake of clarity. I reveal the top card, let's say it's a five-drop (again, to have different numbers). How much life do I lose? As worded, I lose five (the revealed card's MV) times the number of Curses I control, which is two, not three. I control the Curses enchanting you, not those enchanting myself. So, as written, I'd lose ten life. I think the intent here was for me to lose fifteen life, five times three (the number of Curses enchanting me, not that I control, because you actually control them). Then the rest of the ability happens, but I see no problems there. I think this was the mistake, and it actually took me multiple readings to notice it. You don't have to answer whether I'm right or not, I just wanted to say what I thought the mistake was.
Finally, my notes for the winning card. This time I will have to edit a few things in for two reasons: first most of it was just in my head, and second, some of these notes were written in Italian, so I will have to translate them because I cannot just assume that everybody is or understands Italian around here. That said, here we go!
The card
Show
Hide
Hall of Statues {2/W}{2/U}
Artifact (M)
{2/W}{2/W}, T: Create a 1/1 colorless creature token of the chosen type.
{2/U}{2/U}, T: Create a token that's a copy of Hall of Statues.
Legend says that at the heart of Master Kentor's manor on the plane of Pydora lies a circular room where all the souls of the world are stored in statues, with a magical stone at its center, apparently formless, but able to self-replicate and take the shape of any of them.
Thought process and design notes
Show
Hide
Edited parts in italics. I'll replace card quotes with autolinks.

I had really no idea where to start. All I knew was that I wanted an effect that stacked, and the easier and first one that came to my mind was an anthem. I went back and forth whether it would have been an anthem for all your creatures or just for creatures of a type you chose. I tried to write down both versions, and I thought the one that only pumped creatures of a chosen type was both more interesting and felt more mythic. Then I wrote down all the relevant precedents I could find.

Adaptive Automaton, Door of Destinies, Rally the Ranks.

Version 1

Hall of Statues 2
Artifact (M)
3, T: Create a 1/1 colorless creature token of the chosen type.
4, T: Create a token that's a copy of Hall of Statues.
Master Kentor is rumored to be the most powerful wizard on the plane of Pydora. Legend says that at the heart of his manor lies a circular room where all the souls of the world are stored in statues. At the center of the room there would be a magical stone, apparently formless, but able to replicate and take the shape of any of them.

You will notice a few things here.

The obvious first one is that it was a colorless artifact, which will become relevant later.

Then you might notice the costs. I was trying to extrapolate some kind of pattern from the precedents, and I also liked the 2 3 4 sequence of mana cost, first ability, and second ability too much to change it, I found it really elegant. I admit I was a little worried about this costing only two mana though, and this will also come back later.

Third, I struggled a lot with the flavor. How do I represent creating tokens of an arbitrary creature type and pumping them at the same time? After quite some time, I worked something out. This was not a fast inspiration but more like days spent thinking about that, asking myself what could it be and trying to work it out in a mechanical, almost grinding if you wish, way. What I settled on was that the tokens were statues in a magical hall and that you chould choose the creature type because all souls of all kind of beings were trapped in those statues. That naturally led me to think about Velis Vel on Lorwyn and I tried to make it work with changelings, but it wasn't exactly the same and I wasn't satisfied with what I was trying to write. I don't even remember that first attempt at flavor text and I didn't save it anywhere, not even in my MSE file. I just erased it and went back to the statues. What plane could it be? No existing plane seemed to fit, and I even thought of the Planechase-only ones, so I just thought I would make this a new plane. The word "Pydora" comes from the Ukrainian word for "nature", which is "pryroda" according to Google Translate. I think it's obvious why I immediately thought about using the Ukrainian language in times like these. The name "Master Kentor" is the one piece that just came to me. It just sounded good. Then I realized it reminded me of the mathematician Cantor, who worked on the concept of infinity, and I thought that fit very well with an infinite replicator, so I left it there. That infinite replicator was meant to be the formless stone at the center of the room that could take the shape of any of the statues (create tokens of that type) while also replicating itself in the process (creating multiples of those tokens by cloning itself). I didn't find a way to include the anthem effect in the flavor. You will also notice that this first version of the flavor text was even longer than the one I submitted. In MSE, this version is nine total lines, each sentence of rules text is on its own line, and then five lines of flavor text. Yes, there were four breaks, but somehow MSE rendered it within the ten lines that I consider the limit based on Animate Dead|EMA, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Finally, the tokens were colorless because I didn't know what color they would have naturally been. If you played this in an Elf deck, they would have probably been green, but if you played it in a Goblin one, they wanted to be red, and so on for the other colors. At one point, I just thought to make the token all five colors to include everything, but then I thought colorless was better. What I totally did NOT think about was the lack of the word "artifact" there... The tokens are supposed to be statues but they aren't artifacts! That would carry on to the final card and I would realize that only after the deadline.

All of this was just in my brain, except for the Ukrainian word that I took note of. Here we finally arrive at the only words I have actually written.

In English:

MCC MARCH R4, design deadline on the 21st. Keep on thinking about the Hall of Statues.

In Italian (translated here):

Flavor still doesn't convince me, I talk about a sphere in the flavor text and then the card actually represents the hall, that yes, I do mention in the flavor text, but it looks like the sphere is the focal point. Maybe it is also in the flavor text, but in that case the name is misleading... And then, most of all, the flavor text is still too long. (Here I'm referring to that of version 1, not the final one.) Do I want to cut the entire first sentence? But then, where do I put the names of the wizard and of the plane?

Mechanically, do I really want this to be a colorless artifact? I'd also have a colored version, which actually was the original idea... (I remember I did it at first, but now there is no trace left of that version of the card. Anyway, I do remember one thing: that very first version was an ordinary colored artifact, it didn't have any twobrid mana on it.)

Back to English (I'm half-Italian half-British, so I have no problems switching seamlessly between the two languages even in the middle of a sentence, I do it naturally every day...)

Beware of the "everybody can play this" problem. (This was where I worried about it being a colorless artifact, going into any deck because of not having any colored mana on it.)

Back to Italian:

How would it interact with tribal decks? Is the idea of an anthem for any tribe that can replicate itself stacking the bonuses too dangerous to be colorless? And if I want it to be colored, W for sure, but then mono W, GW, or WU? Look at the Mechanical Color Pie (Maro's article) if you need it, don't be afraid to use it!

Yes, I was talking to myself in that last sentence. Don't worry about it, it's normal, I also do that every day. Anyway, copy/pasting the relevant English text from Maro's article:

Mechanical color pie:
Copying permanents, permanently
Primary: Blue

Ok, U that was! I forgot about green, but I still didn't like the fact that I had to cost all the effects differently, I would have liked more symmetry to be there. That's when a thought suddenly hit me:

***** (Italian imprecation, the equivalent of the English four-letter word which we all know... even if in Italian it's five letters...), TWOBRID! LET IT BE BOTH!

At this point I tried to find a way to cut the first sentence of flavor text while still mentioning the wizard's name and that of the plane, turning the flavor text into its final form, and then I went to post the card. I also realized that twobrid mana was an interesting way to balance the card: let it cost two mana, as it was at the very beginning, but only if you use the right colors, otherwise you can still cast it but it will cost you more mana. The following was written in English after posting the card:

Twobrid because I couldn't decide whether this should be a colorless or colored artifact, because of the "everybody can play this" problem of colorless artifacts. It was the last day before the deadline (the 21st) and I thought: why do I have to decide? Why not both? So I chose to use twobrid.

What I didn't realize is that, somehow, using twobrid, while giving the card a nice and elegant symmetry, broke all the font sizes on the card in MSE. The first and third abilities turned into two lines each, with the second line being only the single word "type" at the end. The flavor text, which I managed to turn from five to four lines by cutting the first sentence, suddenly went back to five lines, with the last one being only the single final word "them." Now it was eleven lines, three of which were a single word long, and four breaks, so it was definitely beyond the limits of microtext now, the judges are right. But somehow I managed to not realize it until after the deadline.

Overall, I felt like this was a really uninspired entry and I didn't feel confident about it at all. Then I saw Venedrex mentioning their mistake and I went to look at their card. It's at this point that I see the mistake I've just detailed before these notes, or at least what I think the mistake is, and came here to post about the fact that I noticed the mistake and I didn't feel good about winning this way, which is true, and if you noticed I added an "if I win" to that. That's how (little) confident I still was about my card even after noticing my opponent's mistake (if it actually is what I still think it is). You can find that post just a few ones above this. That was the context, but I didn't want to say any of this at the time because judgments were still open, and I didn't want to influence the judges.
Ok, I think this is all. Many thanks if you beared with me until now. I'll see you in this month's MCC. Check out Round 1 if you haven't already!
Yes, erm, absolutely, this was a test and you.. passed with flying colors. :grin: In reality I think I'll just try to save myself what dignity I have and just sum up my design notes as such: I tried to swing for the fences but ended up hitting myself in the head with the bat. Live and learn though right. :P

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

I forgot to mention here that my own judgments for May Round 1 have been completed earlier today.
Show
Hide

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

@void_nothing Any news on your judgments for May Round 1?
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
@void_nothing Any news on your judgments for May Round 1?
Should be finished tomorrow.

Edit: Because of having to finish April's Round 3 judgments and post several other contest threads tonight, this is delayed by one more day. My apologies!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Round 2 for May is up.
Thread title should say Round 2 though. ;)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Round 2 for May is up.
Thread title should say Round 2 though. ;)
Fixed now. Thank you.
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

P.S. proofread your round 2 cards everyone!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@RaikouRider Don't forget to confirm your card's family in your Round 2 post!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Just about a week before the new month begins - anyone interested in hosting the MCC for June?

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Yesterday I forgot to mention that my judgments for May Round 2 are done. I think I might do Henlock's card out of competition later today.

EDIT I've also done @Henlock's card out of competition, you can find it at the bottom of that same post.
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Getting my MCC judgings done as promptly as I can - I was away for the long weekend.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Yesterday I forgot to mention that my judgments for May Round 2 are done. I think I might do Henlock's card out of competition later today.

EDIT I've also done @Henlock's card out of competition, you can find it at the bottom of that same post.

Thanks foe the judgement. I usually post from my phone indeed, so fatfingering is always an issue.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Henlock wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks foe the judgement. I usually post from my phone indeed, so fatfingering is always an issue.
You're welcome! It was evident from the card, and honestly also from this post... I hope I'm a friend and not a foe! Just joking of course. There is nothing wrong with that, but in the MCC Quality is a thing and double checking is a must. I've always considered the strictness and formality of the MCC as a feature, not a bug. Anyway, I totally understand you, in fact I am also posting from mobile right now and I have to pay attention about that as well. For that same reason, Round 3 will be posted later in the European afternoon, as I have all relative files on my pc and I don't have access to them right now. I saw void_nothing's judgments and again, I will post the next round as soon as I can in the afternoon.

EDIT Round 3 is now up.
Show
Hide

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Henlock wrote:
1 year ago
You're welcome! It was evident from the card, and honestly also from this post... I hope I'm a friend and not a foe! Just joking of course. There is nothing wrong with that, but in the MCC Quality is a thing and double checking is a must. I've always considered the strictness and formality of the MCC as a feature, not a bug. Anyway, I totally understand you, in fact I am also posting from mobile right now and I have to pay attention about that as well. For that same reason, Round 3 will be posted later in the European afternoon, as I have all relative files on my pc and I don't have access to them right now. I saw void_nothing's judgments and again, I will post the next round as soon as I can in the afternoon.

EDIT Round 3 is now up.
Of course. I do understand the formality of MCC as a veey important feature, as it relies on a very careful judgement (You can get away with typos and some bas wording in CCL, and I see it as a feature of it, too).

To be honest one of the reasons I have never volunteered for hosting or judging is because I post from my phone and it gets tricky sometimes. I learned to type the tags but mastering the space vs stop grts more difficult when you:re turning 40 and your eyesight is not what it used to be XD

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

June's Round 1 could use more entries!

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

My judgments for May Round 3 have been completed.

EDIT @void_nothing Any news about yours?
Show
Hide

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Show
Hide

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Subchallenge 1: Your card is nonblue and nonred
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
(0/2) Subchallenges - No flip a coin.
@Venedrex I hate to have to point this out, but I should have passed Subchallenge 1, so here it should be 1/2 (and consequently the total score 20.5). The card is neither blue or red, it's black. No problems about Subchallenge 2, I willingly gave that up.
Show
Hide

Venedrex

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Subchallenge 1: Your card is nonblue and nonred
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
(0/2) Subchallenges - No flip a coin.
@Venedrex I hate to have to point this out, but I should have passed Subchallenge 1, so here it should be 1/2 (and consequently the total score 20.5). The card is neither blue or red, it's black. No problems about Subchallenge 2, I willingly gave that up.
Ah, my apologies. Fixed.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Have had a long couple of days - my June round 1 judgments should come tomorrow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”