Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.
How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive  point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive  additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives  additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.
- Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
- When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
- If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
- Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
- Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
- If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
- This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
- When posting make sure that:
- You have included all of the previous day's entries.
- You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
Pygyzy wrote: ↑5 days agoCrossroads Bargain
Name the price — An opponent looks at your library, picks three cards from it, and puts them in a face-down pile. When there are no cards in the face-down pile, name the price again.
Pay the debt — Choose land or nonland and pick a card in the face-down pile. Reveal it. If it's the chosen type, put that card into your hand. Then you may choose to pay the debt again. If it's not, exile that card. You lose life equal to it's converted mana cost and sacrifice a permanent. An opponent looks at your library, picks a card, and puts it in the face-down pile. They may choose to have you pay the debt again. Exile any cards in the face-down pile and shuffle your library when you don't pay the debt.
Vote: netn10, kwanyeegor-ii
netn10 wrote: ↑5 days agoVotes: slimytrout, Rithaniel
slimytrout: Tax as the Azorius mechanic in a Ravnica set might be too oppressive, especially in large douses and/or curving out each turn with tax... but thanks for the input Maybe Tax 2 is better.
Choose one -
* Target opponent loses 1 life.
* Target creature gains menace until end of turn.
* Add .
slimytrout wrote: ↑4 days agobravelion, netn10
netn10: yeah, I can definitely see that, and tax 1 feels very appropriate for use on ETB's and the like. But on Senate Charm you would have to spend one card and one mana just to deny your opponent one mana, leaving you down a card -- so the other solution could have been to make that mode a cantrip.
Creature - Bird (U)
Tithe 2 (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player may pay .)
At the beginning of your next upkeep that's not on an extra turn, for each player who didn't tithe, put a +1/+1 counter on Collector's Magpie and draw a card.
bravelion83 wrote: ↑4 days agoVotes:
kwanyeegor-ii (for lack of better options and with the usual note about formatting)
Rakdos Spectacle deals 1 damage to any target and you gain 1 life. If a player is dealt damage this way, they discard a card.
Rakdos shows welcome everyone.