2XM Weekly MTG info

User avatar
Marquis
Spoiler Master
Posts: 163
Joined: 11 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Been thanked: 11 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by Marquis » 5 days ago

From MTG Weekly
Image
Image

There are multiple 0 mana Artifacts

121 Rares 40 mythics
When you draft this when you open a pack you take two cards then draft as normal. So Pack1 Pick1 is two cards, Pack2 Pick 1 is two cards, and pack 3 Pick 1 is 2 cards.

User avatar
Marquis
Spoiler Master
Posts: 163
Joined: 11 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Been thanked: 11 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by Marquis » 5 days ago

One more thing this is not an LGS exclusive so maybe that can limit the price inflation?

User avatar
Cyberium
Posts: 351
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Post by Cyberium » 5 days ago

Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!

User avatar
Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Posts: 965
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: A cave somewhere in Scandinavia
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Post by Krishnath » 4 days ago

Cyberium wrote:
5 days ago
Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!
But did they bring back Rebecca Guay?
Expand Signature
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

User avatar
The Fluff
is this so?
Posts: 1366
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Location: Cape Suzette
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Contact:

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 4 days ago

Scott Fischer and Ron Spencer?!!

Niiiiice, I'm feeling the same vibe when they brought back Richard Ferguson to work a new blackblade art. :)
Expand Signature
Image
OE 2016 // POF 2018 // Super Bunny Man // Rachie
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

User avatar
RxPhantom
Pharmacist/Apothecary/Druggist
Posts: 333
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Location: Southern Maryland
Has thanked: 307 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by RxPhantom » 4 days ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 days ago
Scott Fischer and Ron Spencer?!!

Niiiiice, I'm feeling the same vibe when they brought back Richard Ferguson to work a new blackblade art. :)
Having awesome artists from days of yore shouldn't be a special occasion. There may have to be a few concessions from the artists in terms of fitting the aesthetic, but I think the styles of Richard Kane Ferguson and Ron Spencer can easily coexist with that of Seb McKinnon and Wayne Reynolds.

That RKF Blackblade Reforged...shew that looked great.
Expand Signature
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz!Last Updated: 5/23/20 (Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths & Commander 2020))

My (inactive) 720 Peasant Cube

User avatar
Cyberium
Posts: 351
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Post by Cyberium » 4 days ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 days ago
Cyberium wrote:
5 days ago
Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!
But did they bring back Rebecca Guay?
Stop hurting me. :( Though I think they wouldn't miss her on this "special" occasion?

And, concurring with RxPhantom here, MtG arts should speak for the artist, instead of homogenizing.

User avatar
clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Posts: 81
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: she / her
Location: Ravnica
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Post by clariwench » 2 days ago

I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
Expand Signature
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Standard Grixis Fires -- Standard Mono Red Cavalcade -- Historic Grixis Yorion -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH

User avatar
The Fluff
is this so?
Posts: 1366
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Location: Cape Suzette
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Contact:

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 2 days ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 days ago
That RKF Blackblade Reforged...shew that looked great.
I feel that new Blackblade art is the pinnacle of all the art he did for mtg. It's simply amazing.

As for old artists doing regular work again,,, I like the old art, but there's a new generation of artists producing art that is just as good - my personal opinion. In the end, it's wotc who decide what will happen. They commission Carl Critchlow to draw a bunch of alternate art for Ikoria, and I'm happy with that.
Expand Signature
Image
OE 2016 // POF 2018 // Super Bunny Man // Rachie
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

User avatar
Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Posts: 965
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: A cave somewhere in Scandinavia
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Post by Krishnath » 2 days ago

clariwench wrote:
2 days ago
I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
Considering how she got treated by a previous art director, I don't blame her. (He was incidentally the same genius that decided that real animals had no place in MTG, giving us Runeclaw Bear. And turned Tundra Wolves into the humpback abomination.)
Expand Signature
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

User avatar
Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today
Posts: 154
Joined: 5 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Post by Card Slinger J » 2 days ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 days ago
Cyberium wrote:
5 days ago
Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!
But did they bring back Rebecca Guay?
What about Terese Nielsen?

User avatar
The Fluff
is this so?
Posts: 1366
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Location: Cape Suzette
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Contact:

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 2 days ago

Krishnath wrote:
2 days ago
clariwench wrote:
2 days ago
I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
Considering how she got treated by a previous art director, I don't blame her. (He was incidentally the same genius that decided that real animals had no place in MTG, giving us Runeclaw Bear. And turned Tundra Wolves into the humpback abomination.)
wolf should be black because it is now deformed.

is that art director also responsible for Silvercoat Lion?
a prized lion that is better than the regular yellow one..
Last edited by The Fluff 2 days ago, edited 1 time in total.
Expand Signature
Image
OE 2016 // POF 2018 // Super Bunny Man // Rachie
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

User avatar
Atraxian
Posts: 342
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by Atraxian » 2 days ago

Card Slinger J wrote:
2 days ago
Krishnath wrote:
4 days ago
Cyberium wrote:
5 days ago
Holy %$#%, they brought back old artists!!!
But did they bring back Rebecca Guay?
What about Terese Nielsen?
With the overreaction some vocal idiots had when they found out she followed some conservative politicians on twitter, I doubt WotC will have the courage to commission her any new art and I wouldn't blame her for not accepting new commissions from a company that doesn't defend their contractors and/or employees from a hateful mob.
EDIT: edited out some typos
Expand Signature
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

User avatar
CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Posts: 96
Joined: 10 months ago
Answers: 5
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Pistoia, Italy
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times

Post by CalebLost » 1 day ago

Atraxian wrote:
2 days ago
With the overreaction some vocal idiots had when they found out she followed some conservative politicians on twitter, I doubt WotC will have the courage to commission her any new art and I wouldn't blame her for not accepting new commissions from a company that doesn't defend their contractors and/or employees from a hateful mob.
EDIT: edited out some typos
She has done new art recently in Modern Horizon with Echo of Eons
Expand Signature
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

User avatar
Atraxian
Posts: 342
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Post by Atraxian » 1 day ago

It might just be an unused piece of art for another card repurposed for that.
I hope to be wrong.
Expand Signature
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

User avatar
5colorsrainbow
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 day ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 days ago
The Fluff wrote:
4 days ago
Scott Fischer and Ron Spencer?!!

Niiiiice, I'm feeling the same vibe when they brought back Richard Ferguson to work a new blackblade art. :)
Having awesome artists from days of yore shouldn't be a special occasion. There may have to be a few concessions from the artists in terms of fitting the aesthetic, but I think the styles of Richard Kane Ferguson and Ron Spencer can easily coexist with that of Seb McKinnon and Wayne Reynolds.

That RKF Blackblade Reforged...shew that looked great.
I'd be down for the the non-cohesive art to be used as promos* from now on. It would let the fans of that get that art kick, as a promo (as seen with the godzilla cards) it can be considered non-canon-ish so doesn't ruin the cohesive style the main set could establish and it would help make a promo feel a lot more special.

*By promo I mean any kinda of card they would do alternate art for.

User avatar
Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Posts: 965
Joined: 10 months ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: A cave somewhere in Scandinavia
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Post by Krishnath » 1 day ago

The Fluff wrote:
2 days ago
Krishnath wrote:
2 days ago
clariwench wrote:
2 days ago
I think it's more that she doesn't necessarily want to return to Magic art, at least from what I heard.

I like having the vast majority of the cards be a cohesive style and very much dislike most of the old art, but that's just my opinion on it.
Considering how she got treated by a previous art director, I don't blame her. (He was incidentally the same genius that decided that real animals had no place in MTG, giving us Runeclaw Bear. And turned Tundra Wolves into the humpback abomination.)
wolf should be black because it is now deformed.

is that art director also responsible for Silvercoat Lion?
a prized lion that is better than the regular yellow one..
I actually have no idea. But it wouldn't surprise me.
Expand Signature
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”