[IKO] Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths- Ebook and Lore

Community RulesCommunity Rules: Lore RulesLore Mods
5colorsrainbow
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 week ago

Well the book for Ikoira appeared early on Amazon, coming out less than 2 weeks;

and it looks like more info tomorrow;

So I figured we should get a thread going. Not much known lore-wise except;

-Vivien is the lead

-New walker and a returning walker for the other two

-Lots of monsters and a way in game to make your own which might translate into lore

-Mutate as a mechanic, hinting the monster here might not be fully natural

Update:

- Django Wexler is the author the ebook for Ikoria: Sundered Bond.

-Mysterious new character on the front cover.

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 week ago

Hmmm I was thinking werecat but maybe manticore instead?
https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EA408B9

The Fluff
is this so?
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 days ago

not much to say, except this all looks amazing.
Expand Signature
OE 2016 // POF 2018 // Super Bunny Man // Rachie
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 days ago

I definitely have high hopes for this book. Hopefully Vivien is portrayed as the villain she actually is, for once.
Expand Signature
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Standard Grixis Fires -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 days ago

clariwench wrote:
4 days ago
I definitely have high hopes for this book. Hopefully Vivien is portrayed as the villain she actually is, for once.
i havent really cared about the story since ixalan, remind me why pokemon archer is a villain?

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 2 days ago

I hope that Vivian is portrayed as a villain as well. And not one of those cool, likable villains. But one of those hated villains that lowers her popularity. But that could just be my irrational hatred of all other people with the name Reid talking.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 day ago

I'm watching the stream and skimming it, but hey we got a planeswalker guide!
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-04-02
my briefs nots and thoughts;

-There be monsters. There are five main types and they can mix and match.

-It seems humans are the only intelligent beings, no elves or goblins. Might be wrong but as I write this, this what it seems to be.

-Human kinda just have to deal with monsters. they defend the best in sanctuary cities they can but there is always a bigger beast to crush walls or break through magical wards.

-Some humans can bond with monsters. It can be on sight or over time getting to know each other. Our new walker Lukka is one of these or becomes one by the end of the story.

-Five major regions called triomes, one for each color or wedge combo it seems.

-Narset hinted being her or have been here.

-Savai is WRB, the main monsters are cats and the apex monster is Snapdax who takes trophy from human hunts and said to have to force humans into building Drannith.

-Drannith is the biggest city and claims to have surivied any attacks on it.

-Drannith was built when humans where nearly killed off.

-Ketria is URG, main monsters are elementals and the apex monster is Illuna who seems to change the stories about them.

-Crystals mutate monster but seem to have no effect on humans. They flare and glow when near monsters so humans use them for defense.

-Indatha seems to be BWG, its monsters are nightmares and the apex monster is Nethroi a necromantic cat nightmare.

-There is a hot balloon city called Skysail.

-Raugrin is RWU, main monster is dinosaurs and Vadrok is the apex monster who said to burned a city and all memories of it, into ash.

-Lavabrink is a city built under a volcanic shelf and uses this to fend off monsters.

-Zagoth is GUB with the main monsters being beasts and the apex beast Brokkos thought to be the eldest of monsters.

-Some humans chose to be monster hunters and tend to not have a good relationship with the cities.

onering
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 7 hours ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
4 days ago
clariwench wrote:
4 days ago
i havent really cared about the story since ixalan, remind me why pokemon archer is a villain?
She destroyed a city to resuce a couple dinosaurs. We're supposed to cheer because it was a vampire city, but the majority of inhabitants, and thus the majority of people who were killed by Viv, were just regular people. But its ok because some vampires were mean to a T Rex.

In the PW guide, she constantly looks down on the human inhabitants of the plane for killing monsters, which they do because the horrific monsters hunt them for food and sometimes kill them for no reason. She expects humans to only run and hide and live like mice, or to be one of the few who can bond with monsters.

The woman is nuts. She is so anti civilization that she is cool with killing thousands of innocent people to make a point, and that's just in her introduction. She's a toxic blend of mass murderer and holier than thou, which makes her a great villain, and terrible hero.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 hours ago

Sounds like a typical MtG protagonist. Remember when Jace tried to nuke Innistrad out of cowardice?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”