Chief Engineer by Steven Belledin
This month, the CCL has been doing noncreature mechanics -- in the finals, we're going all out with our competitors' four mechanics:
- Totem Armor
Design the following four cards using all five colors and all four rarities:
- A instant or sorcery with one of the above mechanics.
- An artifact or enchantment with a different one of the mechanics.
- A planeswalker that uses the name of a third mechanic (e.g., Wrenn and Six or Narset Transcendent)
- A creature that uses the name of the final mechanic (e.g., Snapcaster Mage or Keldon Warcaller)
- Each of the four mechanics has to be represented on exactly one of the cards, and each card has to have exactly one of the mechanics. How you distribute them among the four types is up to you.
- Among your cards, there has to be at least one white card, at least one blue card, etc., as well as exactly one common, one uncommon, etc.
- There are a lot of moving parts for this challenge, so if you have any further questions, or if you need an extension, don't hesitate to ask.
Your submissions are (tentatively) due Wednesday, February 5th, 23:59 EST.Schedule
- Round 1 — Open to Everyone (January 1st–7th)
- Round 2 — Open to Everyone (January 8th–14th)
- Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due January 17th)
- Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (January 18th–21st)
- Top 8 Critiques (Due January 23rd)
- Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (January 24th–27th)
- Top 4 Critiques (Due January 29th)
- Final (End of month, winner determined by public poll)