What are the best white removal in pioneer?

The Fluff
hell kitty
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 days ago

Have been thinking this since last night. Path to Exile and oblivion ring are both not legal.

What are people using for white removal here in Pioneer? Need some ideas at the 2 and 3 cmc slot. thanks
Expand Signature
OE 2016 // POF 2018 // Super Bunny Man // Rachie
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WizardMN
Answers: 15
Pronoun: he / him

Titles & Recognition

Post by WizardMN » 4 days ago

The best I can see are:
That is not to say that they are all good (or, that any are good) but there aren't as many options in Pioneer for good removal in white. Black is likely where you would need to be to get the good removal options with red (with its burn) coming in second.

The Fluff
hell kitty

nice, I forgot about banishing light. Need to order a few of that scg.

The reason I asked is because needed something maindeck to get rid of stonecoil serpent. Abrupt decay and putrefy don't work against it, so my abzan deck needs banishing light or the casket.
Expand Signature
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WizardMN
Answers: 15
Pronoun: he / him

Titles & Recognition

Post by WizardMN » 4 days ago

If that is the main reason for needing a removal spell, it would seem that Fatal Push, Swift End, Cast Down, or Hero's Downfall might be better. Fatal Push and Swift End being the two big ones I would lean towards if you don't already include them. Though, I could see how Fatal Push might be too narrow, especially without fetches in the format but it does answer the card you are concerned about.

The Fluff
hell kitty

I agree that those black cards are good. Actually have a few copies too.

Well, but another reason I asked about white removals.. is because I was hoping for something that also get rid of other things. Fortunate that Oblivion Ring had a functional reprint in Banishing Light.
Expand Signature

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pioneer”