Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.
How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive  point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive  additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives  additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.
- Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
- When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
- If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
- Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
- Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
- If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
- This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
- When posting make sure that:
- You have included all of the previous day's entries.
- You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
Congrats to slimytrout for a masterful win in November! This ends my tenure until another month from now.
bravelion83 wrote: ↑6 days agoVotes: void_nothing, RattingRots
Each player draws a card.
Draw a card.
"Any knight of Ardenvale always stops to help any one of their fellows they meet who are in need, because loyalty to each other is just as important as that to our Queen."
—Syr Wilton, knight of Ardenvale
folding_music wrote: ↑6 days agovotes: Rithaniel, RattingRots
Creature - Devil (R)
When Heartbreaker enters the battlefield, name a card other than a basic land.
Whenever a permanent with the name you chose becomes tapped, Heartbreaker deals three damage to that permanent's controller.
emily wrote: ↑5 days agoVotes: RattingRots, slimytrout (the ability can just be phrased as "draw a card" — compare Excavation — but solid design regardless)
Turns out my sabbatical was two months instead of one. Whoops!
Creature — Goblin Scout (U)
This spell costs less to cast for each non-Mountain basic land you control.
"I've been just about everywhere. Usually because I was being chased by some burly beast, but it still counts."
Flatline wrote: ↑5 days agoVotes: void_nothing, Rithaniel
Enchantment — Aura (U)
Enchant Gate you control
When Lock Out enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until Lock Out leaves the battlefield.
"What is the point of a gate if it's not to keep out the undesirables?"
Rithaniel wrote: ↑5 days agoVotes: bravelion83, slimytrout
(Welcome back, everybody!)
Target opponent may discard a card a random. If that player doesn't, you draw two cards.
"So. Which do you fear more? The possibility of losing your plans for the future? Or me?"
—Yullaka, demon sorcerer
kwanyeegor-ii wrote: ↑5 days agoslimytrout voidnothing
Ludevic's Prankster enters the battlefield with one of the following options at random
- First strike and protection from Humans
- Menace and protection from Angels
- Trample and protection from Spirits
: Exile Ludevic's Prankster, then return it to the battlefield under its owners control