Legend: Soul Reaper
– Beckon Apparition
. But I think this card is usually a worse (and more complicated) version of Beckon Apparition, since flying is among the better keywords you could give it (deathtouch and indestructible being the only ones that are better) and sometimes you won't get any abilities at all. I don't think it would ever see play in limited (Beckon Apparition was already borderline) and it's not a fast enough clock even in some kind of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
Flatline: Infantry Corps
- This is way too good in multiples. With the right curve (two of these and another 1-drop, or a three drop with haste), you can be attacking for 12+ first striking damage on turn three. Maybe if it were legendary and made a nonlegendary token copy?
Ryder: Inspiring Martyr
– Funny, I always thought of this as a Simic ability
but there's no reason it couldn't go in white as well. Not all that strong of a card, but still fun.
bravelion83: Living Munition
– A fun idea, which couldn't be done before the recent rules change – no quibbles with the effect. My only critique is that I don't think all that flavor text would actually fit on a card, and besides, it sounds better abridged: Goblins are the perfect projectile: they love the thrill of the flight and they don't care about the consequences.
Henlock: Frontier Trainer
– Huh. Definitely the most novel card among the submissions I've seen. Can mentor your 1/1 tokens into 2/2's, and is a pain for them to block until they kill your tokens. I wasn't inclined to like it when I first read it, but when I consider the gameplay I actually think it would be quite fun.
Gateways7: Thraben Guardsman
– Funnily enough, this is fairly similar to a card I submitted to the DCC right after the Eldraine spoilers – see the spoiler-in-spoiler if you're curious. I like the callback to Victim of Night
with the Eldrazi addition after the events of Eldritch Moon, even if the card design itself isn't terribly innovative.
Creature – Human Noble (C)
Wakeful Princess has vigilance as long as you control a Food.
"But though she lay upon one-and-twenty mattresses, still she could not find rest."
-Beyond the Great Henge