The Token Game

chochky
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by chochky » 4 years ago

I'm sure many of us enjoy all of the various tokens Magic has to offer. In this game, you make a card that creates a token specified by the previous poster. Then you specify a token (can be already existing, or made up by you) that the next poster must use on a card.

You can be as specific or as loose as you want with your token suggestions and interpretations (within reason).

I'll start by making a card with a "red Giant token."

Oaf-Teaser Boggart 1B
Creature - Goblin Rogue
When Oaf-Teaser Boggart enters the battlefield, you may pay 2R. If you do, Oaf-Teaser Boggart deals 2 damage to you and you create a 4/4 red Giant creature token with haste.
2/1

Next: a card with a Snake token.

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 4 years ago

Alright, I'll bite.

Undead Charmer
Creature - Zombie Cleric
When Undead Charmer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Snake creature token with deathtouch.
1/2
Death attracts death.

Next: blue elemental token
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

The Living Sea
Legendary Land - Island
: add
The Living Sea enters the battlefield Tapped
, sacrifice an Island: create a 5/4 blue Elemental creature.
"They say ' the hills have eyes', but what about the sea?"

Next:
Demon Token
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

Demonic Uprsising
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices all creatures they control. For each creature sacrificed this way, it's controller creates a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying.
When the angels fell victim to Emrakul's corruption, Innistrad's demons were quick to seize the power they had craved for so long.

Next: Goat tokens

Subject16
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Shepherd's Barricade 1WW
Artifact - Fortification (U)
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, if it's a Plains, put a storage counter on Shepherd's Barricade.
Fortified land has "1W, T, Remove X storage counters from Shepherd's Barricade: Create X 0/1 white Goat creature tokens.
Fortify W

Next: Jellyfish tokens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Mordant Tides 2GGU
Enchantment
Whenever one or more nontoken creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, untap up to half that many lands you control, rounded up.
Whenever a land you control becomes untapped, if it isn't your untap step, create a 2/1 green and blue Jellyfish creature token with hexproof and deathtouch.
"The seas bloom with venom, awaiting ignorant intruders." - Kiora

Next: Legendary tokens
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 4 years ago

Herald of Ashaya
Creature - Human Cleric (R)
When Herald of Ashaya enters the battlefield, create Ashaya, the Awoken World, a legendary 4/4 green Elemental creature token.
2/2

Next: Double Strike token
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Stingsummoner 4{R/W}
Creature - Goblin Shaman
When Stingsummoner enters the battlefield, create two 0/1 red and white Insect Spirit creature tokens with flying and double strike.
Other multicolored creatures you control get +1/+0.
0/3

Next: Orb tokens
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Amuzet

Post by Amuzet » 4 years ago

Azorious Invoker 2WU
Creature - Homunculus Advisor
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a Legendary white Orb enchantment token named Azorious Invoker Orb with "When this enters the battlefield, exile target permanent until this leaves the battlefield."
0/4

Next: Stangg Twin or Carnivor

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Twin-Aided Strike 4RG
Instant
Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power plus 3 to target creature or planeswalker. When that permanent dies this turn, create Stangg Twin, a legendary 3/4 red and green Human Warrior creature token.
Cycling 2

Next: Treasure token

chochky

Tribute to Thassa 1UU
Sorcery
Scry X, where X is your devotion to blue, then put the top X cards of your library into your graveyard. For each enchantment card put into your graveyard this way, create a colorless Treasure artifact token. (They have "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")

Next: an Octopus token, or 0/1 Serf tokens.

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Lair of the Benthids
Land
t: Add c.
2uu, t: Create a 1/1 blue Merfolk creature token.
t, Sacrifice eight non-land permanents: Create a 8/8 blue Octopus creature token with hexproof and menace.

Next: an enchantment creature token

Morpic_Tide

Post by Morpic_Tide » 4 years ago

Nyxborn Battlegrounds 2wg
Enchantment
1ww, : Put a 1/1 White Human Soldier Enchantment Creature token into play.
3gg, : Put a 3/3 Green Beast Enchantment Creature Token into play.

Next: Artifact Egg tokens as a cost reduction.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Clutchmaker 5
Creature - Construct
3, T: Create a colorless 0/1 Egg artifact creature token with "Sacrifice this artifact: Artifact spells you cast cost 1 less to cast this turn."
0/6

Next: 0/0 Germ tokens, but not a living weapon.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Slagscourge Driver 2RR
Creature - Ogre
Each creature has "When this creature dies, it deals 2 damage to any target."
T: Destroy target artifact. Its controller creates a 0/0 black Germ creature token.
4/3

Next: Angel token created by a nonwhite card

dyd
Randomancer

Persecuted Fiend 1bb
Creature - Demon
Flying, Trample
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player creates a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying.
No rest for the wicked.
6/6

Next: a token that only works in commander

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Personal Guard 2W
Creature - Human Soldier
When you cast your commander, create an 0/0 Soldier token of your commander's color identity, with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each time your commander has been cast from the command zone this game." and "You and commander creatures you control have hexproof."
2/2

Next:
A Marit Lage token

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Wrack of Terisiare 2RR
Legendary Snow Enchantment
Whenever an artifact or land card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, add C.
6RR, Sacrifice Wrack of Terisiare: Destroy all artifacts and lands. If twenty or more permanents were destroyed in this way, create Marit Lage, a legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with flying and indestructible.

Next: An Ice Age-themed legendary token that isn't Lage.

dyd
Randomancer

Duel of Clan Champions 1rg
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I — Create Seklistis, a 2/4 green legendary Spider creature token with reach.
II — Create Kianon, a 4/2 red legendary Wolverine creature token with haste.
III — Each Spider and Wolverine you control deals damage equal to its power to any target.

Thank https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Ice_Age_(comic) for the obscure (to me) lore references.

Next: a planeswalker token (copying is allowed)

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Spark Experiment 2BG
Sorcery
Create a black and green Planeswalker token named Husk with "-X: Return target card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to your hand." and put four loyalty counters on it.

Next: Mask tokens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Stingray Totemist 3U
Creature - Merfolk Cleric
As Stingray Totemist enters the battlefield, create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask with enchant permanent and totem armor. Stingray Totemist enters the battlefield with that token attached to it.
W, Sacrifice an Aura attached to Stingray Totemist: You gain hexproof until end of turn.
3/2

Moose Totemist 2G
Creature - Elf Cleric
Trample
As Moose Totemist enters the battlefield, create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask with enchant permanent and totem armor. Moose Totemist enters the battlefield with that token attached to it.
W, Sacrifice an Aura attached to Moose Totemist: You gain 5 life.
2/1

Next: 1/1 blue Camarid creature token.

dyd
Randomancer

Zonot Biomancer gu
Creature - Elf Homarid
Whenever you cast a multicolored spell, create a 1/1 blue Camarid creature token.
Camarids you control have "2gu: Adapt 2".
0/4

Next: create 2 or more Eye tokens

chochky

Sight of the Arachnid G
Instant
Untap target creature you control. It gets +1/+1 and gains reach until end of turn.
7U, Discard this card: Create eight 1/1 blue Eye creature tokens. They have "T: Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card into your graveyard."

Next: a multicolored token with Frenzy

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ghosts of Kagaqeirrot 3WB
Enchantment
When Ghosts of Kagaqeirrot enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 white and black Spirit Horror creature tokens with vigilance, lifelink, and frenzy 1.
WB: Target Spirit gains haste and can't be blocked except by Spirits this turn.

Next: Noncreature artifact token that's not one of the regularized types (not a Clue, Food, Gold, or Treasure)

dyd
Randomancer

Karn, Restorer of Mirrodin 6
Legendary Planeswalker — Karn
+1: Create a 1/1 Pest artifact creature token.
−2: Reveal the top card of your library. If it's an artifact, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, draw a card.
−9: Create an artifact token named "Darksteel Forge" with "Artifacts you control have indestructible". You may put any number of artifacts card with total converted mana cost 9 or less from your hand and graveyard onto the battlefield.
{6}

Next: Head tokens (previously used only for Face the Hydra challenge deck)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”