MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/7/21 is Talus Paladin.

A mounted knight feels a bit... off as a Zendikari adventurer.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/13/21 is Adventuring Gear.

A VERY Zendikar card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/15/21 is Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge.

I hear it's good.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/16/21 is Anointed Chorister.

I have a soft spot for Rootwalla type designs.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/17/21 is Vhati il-Dal.

Yes that should properly say il-Dal. Also, yes, back in the day, green got power reduction effects.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/7/22 is Arashin Sovereign.

Very elegant line of text there.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Arashin Sovereign's ability was kinda weird on its own: you get your 7-mana permanent back next turn or choose to get rid of it completely. It's a kind of pseudo-immortality, but you're committing yourself to spending 7 mana to use it for something with no haste.

I'd love to see it on something smaller with more reason to keep using the ability:

Incessant Rattler 2BB
Creature — Skeleton
Whenever Incessant Rattler dies, target opponent discards a card. Then you may put it on the top or bottom of its owner's library.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/18/2022 is Oswald Fiddlebender.

White's long tradition of positive artifact and enchantment interactions could be a good place for it to go particularly in EDH.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/19/2022 is Path of Mettle // Metzali, Tower of Triumph.

Evergreen Keyword Representing Nimbleness Tribal will live again

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/18/2022 is Massive Raid.

Recent mechanical developments have made me wonder whether white can get this effect.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/19/2022 is Pulverize.

Not a cycle member.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/20/2022 is Mindbender Spores.

Mindbender indeed. What an odd little card. Would definitely not be a rare today.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the day for 5/21/22 is Acceptable Losses.

Making all of red's discard as a cost random was a terrible idea.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

I remember they quit doing random discard because it too easily left people mana screwed, or something like that.

but this is red so

Ground Collapse RRR
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, discard a land card.
Ground Collapse deals 5 damage divided among any number of target creatures. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/22/22 is Nezumi Bladeblesser.

A really good rate if you can get both bonuses. I like this unnamed mechanic a lot.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

:3 Whip of Erebos gives ratty three keywords! something more in-world that could do the same:

Night Terminal
Enchantment Artifact
Whenever at least one creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, each player reveals the top card of their library. Then target player mills 1.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/23/2022 is Slitherhead.

Really clever 1-drop design.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

costs on abilities are kinda neat to look at.

Relentless Pursuer 1R
Creature — Jackal
Trample
Unearth (: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step or if it would leave the battlefield. Unearth only as a sorcery.)
2/2

Necrotic Stalker 1B
Creature — Zombie
Necrotic Stalker can't block.
When Necrotic Stalker is put into a graveyard from anywhere, you lose 2 life.
Cycling
3/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/24/2022 is Tajuru Preserver.

An effective hatebear.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 5/31/2022 is Behemoth Sledge.

Just a satisfying design. Reprinted often for good reason. And a great homage!

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

It's one of those cards that really highlight the distinctions between Auras and Equipment. In theory, Cloak is much better -- you pay half as much to start swinging with it. In real gameplay (especially EDH), of course, that creature would be bounced/destroyed/exiled/pacified before it has much of a chance to do anything, so the equip ability really makes it shine.

I was really surprised there wasn't a reconfigure version of either card, especially since both their names lend themselves so readily to it!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
I was really surprised there wasn't a reconfigure version of either card, especially since both their names lend themselves so readily to it!
genius

Sledge Behemoth 3GW
Artifact Creature — Beast Equipment
Lifelink, trample
Equipped creature gets +4/+4 and has lifelink and trample.
Reconfigure
4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/4/2022 is Rishadan Dockhand.

Self-consciously old-school. I like a lot about this design but Magus of the Port outright would have been cool.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/6/2022 is Meteor Golem.
The companion piece to Meteorite. I like the whole "uncommon artifact answer/utility card" thing.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 6/7/2022 is Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury.

She scales well!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”