MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Sojourner of the Scarab God 1UBB
Creature - Zombie Insect Nomad (U)
When you cycle or discard Kefnet's Sojourner or it dies, draw a card for each zombie you control.
Undying
Cycling 2U
3/1
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Sojourner of the Locust God 1UUR
Creature - Zombie Insect Nomad (U)
Flying
When you cycle or discard Sojourner of the Locust God or it dies, it deals damage to target non-Elder creature or non-Bolas planeswalker equal to the number of Zombies you control.
Undying
Cycling 2R
1/1

Sojourner of the Scorpion God 1BRR
Creature - Zombie Scorpion Nomad (U)
When you cycle or discard Sojourner of the Scorpion God or it dies, tap and exert each other Zombie you control and put a +1/+1 counter on each of those creatures.
Undying
Cycling 2B
2/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Sojourner of the Dead God 1GWW
Creature — Zombie Naga Cleric
Vigilance
When you cycle or discard Sojourner of the Dead God or it dies, return target creature card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
Cycling 2{G/W}
"Rise! In Her absence, none may know peace."
4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/3/22 is Sculpted Sunburst.

Very new. A decisiony wrath of the kind that goes in multiplayer sets these days.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/5/2022 is Gruul Nodorog.

I like off-color activations. Trivia time: "Nodorog" seems to be a slurring of the genuine Russian word "nosorog" meaning rhino.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Mistgrove Guardian 2G
Creature — Shapeshifter Warrior
Mistgrove Guardian enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Mistgrove Guardian: Put a first strike counter on it.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Mistgrove Guardian: Put a menace counter on it.
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

There aren't that many keyword counters to go around so this is probably a Mirage Guildmage-type cycle.

Starhall Patron 3W
Creature - Shapeshifter Cleric (U)
Starhall Patron enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
G, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Starhall Patron: Put a hexproof counter on it.
U, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Starhall Patron: Put a flying counter on it.
2/4

Deepwell Monastic 4U
Creature - Shapeshifter Monk (U)
Deepwell Monastic enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
W, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Deepwell Monastic: Put a first strike counter on it.
B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Deepwell Monastic: Put a lifelink counter on it.
4/4

Doomtunnel Sneak 1B
Creature - Shapeshifter Rogue (U)
Doomtunnel Sneak enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
U, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Doomtunnel Sneak: Put a flying counter on it.
R, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Doomtunnel Sneak: Put a menace counter on it.
2/1

Hollowland Captain 4R
Creature - Shapeshifter Knight (U)
Hollowland Captain enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Hollowland Captain: Put a lifelink counter on it.
G, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Hollowland Captain: Put a hexproof counter on it.
5/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/6/2022 is Orochi Hatchery.

The oddest homage: Snake Basket.

Ulka

I much prefer the design of Serpent Generator but that might just be me. while it doesnt go as wide as snake basket or Hatchery, I love that I can generate poisonous 1 snake tokens.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

God how fun is the Poison Snake token? I'd like to make that a tiny theme someday.

And not in "poisonous" colors, in "artifact" colors.

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
God how fun is the Poison Snake token? I'd like to make that a tiny theme someday.

And not in "poisonous" colors, in "artifact" colors.
I love the token because I have played Kaseto, Orochi Archmage in the past for an EDH deck so making an unblockable infecter each turn ends up winning the game decently quick.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Mercury Charmer 1U
Creature - Human Artificer (U)
When Mercury Charmer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Snake artifact creature token. It has "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter."
Snake tokens you control can't be blocked.
1/1

Gold Charmer 3W
Creature - Human Artificer (U)
When Gold Charmer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Snake artifact creature token. It has "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter."
Snake tokens you control have "Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn."
2/2

Amalgam Charmer 3WU
Creature - Spirit Artificer (M)
When Amalgam Charmer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Snake artifact creature token. It has "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter."
Snake tokens you control have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, exile a creature card from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that card except it's a 1/1 colorless Snake artifact creature token and has "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter.""
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/7/2022 is Geth's Grimoire.

Simple. Clean. Neat. Fun.

Ulka

The Grimoire. I love this card's design. It does wonders in the correct deck and the design is clean and elegant. Now if only when Geth was designed they took into account his book.

Geth. Phyrexian Lich-Head 3BB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Phyrexian Zombie
Menace
Whenever an opponent discards a card or sacrifices a creature, you may draw a card.
2B: Target player discards two cards unless they sacrifice a nontoken permanent.
5/5

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

I think you forgot to close a bracket there, or something.

Geth's is pretty good, but like a lot of artifacts it'll often come down when your opponent is in topdeck mode. Works *really* well with Wheels, though!

Ulka

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
I think you forgot to close a bracket there, or something.

Geth's is pretty good, but like a lot of artifacts it'll often come down when your opponent is in topdeck mode. Works *really* well with Wheels, though!
Yea.... I fixed it.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Geth's Grimoire predates Geth, Lord of the Vault by six years. Nowadays if there's a card named after a dude, that same dude is already present or is introduced in that set. (Unless there's some reason they're missing: naming a land card Murgo's Drop says a lot if Murgo isn't around.)

Card-wise, it's kind of a pity Geth's Grimoire and Geth don't have any particular synergy.

Akiri's Arsenal 2RW
Artifact (R)
Creatures you control have haste.
Whenever you attack with one or more creatures, look at the top six cards of your library. You may put an Equipment card from among them onto the battlefield attached to an attacking creature. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/8/2022 is Seal of Doom.

Hey, that other random card of the day thread had this one recently.

Ulka

Seals are interesting for me as they are just static forms of instant spells. I think they honestly should have showed up in Theros or another enchantment plane as a great way to include instant speed interaction while also increasing enchantment count for limited. That said most of the seals have been kinda underwhelming powerlevel and I I feel a revisit of them would be warranted.

Overall B+ idea but C+ execution.

Ulka

Seal of Warp3R
Enchantment (R)
Sacrifice Seal of Warp: The owner of target permanent shuffles it into their library, then reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent card, they put it onto the battlefield.

Seal of the Calling 1WG
Enchantment (R)
Sacrifice Seal of the Calling: Search your library for a creature card, reveal that card, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

Tainted Seal 2B
Enchantment
Sacrifice Tainted Seal: Exile the top card of your library. You may put that card into your hand unless it has the same name as another card exiled this way. Repeat this process until you put a card into your hand or you exile two cards with the same name, whichever comes first.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

The reference to seal enchantments on Theros got me thinking:

Orator of Wrath 2WWW
Enchantment Creature — Spirit Cleric
First strike
When Orator of Wrath dies, if it's attacking or blocking, destroy each creature that's attacking or blocking. Otherwise, draw a card.
3/3

Orator of Ambition 3BB
Enchantment Creature — Spirit Warlock
Menace
Whenever Orator of Ambition deals combat damage to an opponent, you may sacrifice it. If you do, you lose 3 life and draw three cards.
4/3

Ulka

As Void hasn't posted in a few days I figured I'd grab the next one:

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 7/18/2022 is Sharpened Pitchfork

I really did like this tribal specific design for equipment especially around the mundane farming and feudal life for Humans. I think if i was to start work back up on my warring medieval set I might look at regional weapons and also look at making some Serf equipment that really is bottom of the barrel but still helps those lonely poor serfs fight back against the nobles much like these help humans fend of the creatures of the night.

Ulka

Stupid things like this are what I am referencing. Side-note I want more rebels printed, balance be damned.

Rebel's Pitchfork 1R
Tribal Artifact - Rebel Equipment
Equipped creature has first strike.
As long as equipped creature is a Rebel it gets +1/+1 and has haste.
Equip 1

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Seals are interesting for me as they are just static forms of instant spells. I think they honestly should have showed up in Theros or another enchantment plane as a great way to include instant speed interaction while also increasing enchantment count for limited. That said most of the seals have been kinda underwhelming powerlevel and I I feel a revisit of them would be warranted.

Overall B+ idea but C+ execution.
Not quite the same name, but we did get something similar in the Omen Omen of the Forge cycle.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I like the Humans Equipment theme on Innistrad for many reasons. It's thematic, yes, but also Humans are probably the smallest Innistrad tribe statwise - Zombies' gimmick is "throw a bunch of creatures at them and overwhelm them" but Humans are the classic WW strategy and will usually have another creature to pick up the Equipment regardless. Plus, it's just fun and flavorful to design.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”