Strangest Modern decks you have used or played against

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Good evening. Had a thread about strange modern decks in mtgs.
It's sort of a fun topic, so let's revive the thread here on nexus. :)

I'll start with a red artifact deck I played against a few years ago. It had Hearthfire Hobgoblin, Grafted Wargear, Shrapnel Blast, and a Stonehewer Giant for fetching the wargear. A hobgob with a grafted wargear equipped to it is suprisingly effective.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 4 years ago

One of the strangest decks I've played was the 5 color Niv Mizzet deck at FNM. I promptly went 1-3 with it. Lost to Mono Blue Tron 1-2, lost to Bant Soulherder 0-2, won vs. Scales 2-1, and lost to Bogles 1-2. The matches were pretty fun whenever I didn't get mana screwed though.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

It was almost a jund tron deck running Karoo lands in addition to tron lands. Trying to pump out large X spells but was really slow

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

[mention]FoodChainGoblins[/mention] and [mention]motleyslayer[/mention]

thanks for sharing your strange deck stories. :)

I do remember on the previous thread at mtgs, someone mentioned about a weird deck from original zendikar that had win con splinter twin style.. but it used a green creature to go infinite. It looks strong, I wonder why that deck never had much success? :thinking:
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”