Historically, community members have expressed interest in talking holistically about the challenges and problems facing various formats and Historic is likely no exception. Whether or not Historic has "challenges" or "problems" is up for debate, but what is clear is that people want to talk about all of these issues in one unified setting.
As such, Historic staff have created this thread from the old MTG Salvation/MTG Nexus "State of Modern" versions. You can use this thread to talk about any and all of these varied Historic issues and their intersection. This thread will be heavily moderated, so be sure to read the rules before posting;
- Bans, unbans, and all things related to the banlist and banlist policy
- Metagame health and diversity
- Reprint suggestions and reprint philosophy
- New cards and design philosophy
- Historic wild card policy and cost
- Archetype definitions
- Format health, successes, and challenges
- Anything that constructively relates to these different issues
Prohibited topic examples
- All MTG Nexus forum rules and Historic subforum rules apply here.
- Rules spotlight: No flaming (insulting other users) or trolling (baiting other users into a hostile response). Posts must be civil and respectful.
- Rules spotlight: No spamming. Posts must be constructive, on-topic, and supported with evidence and argumentation.
- No format bashing. If you don't like Historic, that's fine, but constructively/respectfully explain why and be optimistic. Do not make sweeping, negative, verbally hostile statements about the format, its decks, cards, and/or players.
- Similarly, do not use this thread to voice grievances, complaints, and personal gripes without constructive/respectful suggestions.
- If you see a user flaming, spamming, trolling, or breaking any other rule, report him/her instead of responding to it.
The mod team will strictly enforce these rules. Please make this a place where people are unafraid to post constructive thoughts.
Update from the October 21, 2019 B&R Announcement:
Next B&R Announcement:
November 18, 2019
Current DCI Historic Banned List
- No cards