Tweak the Card

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Another of my favorites from MTGS :) (original poster: Mergatroid_Jones)

The game is very simple. Take the previous card, and make some "minor" modification(s) to it so that it is still balanced.
This can mean: adding or removing an ability, altering card type, changing cost, or really about anything as long as you don't change too much about the card in a single post.
Try not to get too Un-, since the card ought to remain rules viable, and try not to get too overpowered.

The extent of the "minor" modifications is very subjective... but there must be a clear connection to the previous card.

Starting from (my) last post in MTGS:

Group Knowledge UB
Sorcery
Join forces - Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of mana. Each player draws X cards, then returns a card with converted mana cost X or less from their graveyard to their hand, where X is the total amount of mana paid this way.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Benevolence Fund GU
Sorcery
Each opponent returns a nonland card at random from their graveyard to their hand. You gain life and draw cards equal to the total converted mana cost of cards returned in this way.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer

Fond Memories ur
Sorcery
Target opponent returns a nonland card at random from their graveyard to their hand. Draw two cards.

dyd
Randomancer

Shared Memories ur
Sorcery
Each player returns a nonland card at random from their graveyard to their hand. Draw a card.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Mech-Mage Test Flight 1UR
Instant
Mech-Mage Test Flight deals 3 damage to any target chosen at random.
Draw a card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Untested Mechabolt R
Instant
Untested Mechabolt deals 3 damage to any target chosen at random. If it targets you or a permanent you control, draw a card.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Desperate Rifling 3R
Instant
Target player sacrifices a permanent. If you sacrificed a permanent in this way, scry 4.

dyd
Randomancer

Natural Knowledge 1g
Instant
Each player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment. If one or more players can't, scry 2.
Last edited by dyd 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Mana Grinder 1B
Creature - Gremlin
Flash
When Mana Grinder enters the battlefield, destroy target enchantment with converted mana cost 2 or less an opponent controls and put the top two cards of that player's library into their graveyard.
1B, T, Sacrifice Mana Grinder: Exile each enchantment card from each player's graveyard. Add B for each card exiled in this way.
1/1

dyd
Randomancer

Mana Glutton 2g
Creature - Gremlin
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment. Add an amount of g equal to that permanent's converted mana cost.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Bloated Ouphe 2BG
Creature - Ouphe
When Bloated Ouphe enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact. Each player loses life equal to that artifact's converted mana cost.
3/3

dyd
Randomancer

Thunder Cyclops 4BR
Creature - Cyclops Warrior
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact. ~ deals damage to each other creature and planeswalker equal to that artifact's converted mana cost.
5/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Oxidda Inferno 6RR
Instant
Choose one -
• Oxidda Inferno deals 5 damage to each creature, planeswalker, and player. This damage can't be prevented and players dealt damage in this way can't gain life this turn.
• Create a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying. It gains haste and double strike until end of turn.
Entwine 3

dyd
Randomancer

Regatan Flamescape rRR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an eruption counter on ~. With the number of eruption counters on it as X, ~ deals X damage to each creature and each planeswalker. Then, if there are no creatures or planeswalkers on the battlefield, sacrifice ~ and it deals X damage to you; otherwise, create a X/X red Devil creature token.

dyd
Randomancer

Time flies....

Wasted Flamescape ccc
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a void counter on ~, then exile all permanents with converted mana cost equal to the number of void counters on it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Breakdown Staff 3
Artifact
XX, T: Put X rust counters on target permanent.
3, T: For each permanent with a rust counter on it, destroy that permanent if the number of rust counters on it is equal to its converted mana cost.

dyd
Randomancer

Rot Staff 3
Artifact
X, T: Remove up to X counters of any one kind from target opponent or non-legendary permanent an opponent controls.
xx, T, Sacrifice ~: Remove up to X counters of any one kind from target legendary permanent.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Tsabo's Percher 2B
Creature - Bird
Flying, menace
Tsabo's Percher can't block.
XX, T, Sacrifice Tsabo's Percher: Target legendary creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.
1/1

dyd
Randomancer

Stalking Cuckoo 2u
Creature - Bird Shapeshifter
Flying
6, T, Sacrifice ~: Target legendary creature loses all abilities and becomes a blue Bird with base power and toughness 3/3. (It's still legendary. This effect lasts indefinitely)
2/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Heart Eraser 2W
Creature - Shapeshifter
Vigilance
Changeling
6, T: Target non-Shapeshifter permanent loses all abilities until end of turn.
2/1

dyd
Randomancer

Nyxborn Eraser 2W
Enchantment Creature - Wizard
Vigilance
6, T: Target non-Aura enchantment loses all abilities until end of turn.
2/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nylean Revolutionaries 3G
Enchantment Creature - Nymph Dryad
Reach, protection from Auras
3G, T: Destroy target non-Aura enchantment.
2/3

dyd
Randomancer

Wilderness Purists rgw
Creature - Elf Druid
Reach
Each permanent has protection from Auras and from Equipments.
2/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Deliberate Scholars GWU
Creature - Elf Wizard
Prowess
Each permanent has protection from instants.
3/2

dyd
Randomancer

Amnesiac Scholar wub
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, they discard a card.
Each creature has protection from noncreatures.
3/2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”