[Official] Modern Prices Discussion

Simto
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Simto » 2 months ago

I regret not buying a bunch of the modern cards I wanted last year when modern cards were tanking in value hehe. Everything is spiking now.

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 months ago

I didn't realize Khans fetches were so expensive until I checked the other day, I hope they get a reprint soon

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 1 month ago

noticed that the khans fetches have risen a little more..

maybe the reprint is still far? So the price is still slowly going up?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // OE 2016 // POF 2018
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 month ago

the problem with fetches is that they're super hard to reprint as I'm pretty sure WotC just doesn't like them in standard. Their combination with fetchable duals is a problem in their eyes, so that really restricts what kind of lands can be in standard. So now we're basically just stuck waiting on modern supplemental sets to put them in

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 1 month ago

Is that an issue though? If they put the other 5 in MH3, then the set will be a slam dunk buy again and likely their secondary market value will see a similar drop as this round did. Sure, we want them now, but I think letting MH# do the work is an okay vehicle for pushing these staples into the market. Point being, despite a bit of groaning from the community, they're working on it.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 month ago

I think that MH3 could be a great place for the allied fetches because then they don't have to worry about their impact on standard and they'll see just hot much the enemy ones dropped after MH2. Plus they'll sell packs

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 1 month ago

is there already an announced date for MH3?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // OE 2016 // POF 2018
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 1 month ago

No, not that I'm aware of. I'm just guessing it'll happen and think getting things into Modern this way is fine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”