[Official] Modern Prices Discussion

The Fluff
is this so?
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 8 months ago

Hi, planning to buy some fiery islet and sunbaked canyon to complete my mono red prowess deck. Both are hovering around 10-15 dollars each. Should I buy now, or would these drop further in price?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // OE 2016 // POF 2018
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 8 months ago

The Fluff wrote:
8 months ago
Hi, planning to buy some fiery islet and sunbaked canyon to complete my mono red prowess deck. Both are hovering around 10-15 dollars each. Should I buy now, or would these drop further in price?
I thought I saw them cheaper than that. I always thought I'd spec on the Horizon lands some day and I ended up seeing good prices on FB.

I bought a bunch of Nurturing Peatland, Fiery Islet, Waterlogged Grove, and Silent Clearing for between $4.20-7.50 each. The seller on FB was Aldrin Ganac on the Magic the Gathering FS group. I wouldn't pay $10-15, although I do think that they will be much more than that long-term.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - MBA, UB Inverter
Modern - Amulet Titan, Elementals, Yawmoth Chord, Uroza
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 8 months ago

ah, I see! thanks for that info.

will wait a little bit more before buying.
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 4 months ago

checked the prices some days ago. Wanted a few copies of Skyclave Apparition... and surprised, the thing is 8-10 dollars already. I guess the card is being used by a lot of people..

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 months ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 months ago
checked the prices some days ago. Wanted a few copies of Skyclave Apparition... and surprised, the thing is 8-10 dollars already. I guess the card is being used by a lot of people..
that card is basically played in standard, modern and legacy so I wouldn't expect it to drop much below that.

I managed to get 2 foil copies of Dark Confidant yesterday. Pretty happy with that

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 3 months ago

Prices of any one card also depend on the price of the rest of the box for in print boxes in plentiful supply. Apparition sucks up a fair chunk of the price because a lot of other cards in its box are cheap
It is a widely played card, and has nestled into 3 formats with some use.
, as pointed out above, I agree it won't go down....

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 3 months ago

yeah, would have to bite the price if I would fnm again. The opponent not getting back what was exiled makes it good.

The Fluff
is this so?

Post by The Fluff » 1 month ago

it's surprising how prices of some cards dropped. Noble Hierarch is only a 10 dollar card now, I remember this thing being 50 something only a year ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modern”