The more I think about Kaldheim's commanders, the more I want to build. Anyone want to weigh in on which I should build (first)?
Right now I'm thinking about:
Halvar, God of Battle // Sword of the Realms
- probably focused on the SotR side, with etb creatures, sac outlets, and a lot of (non-artifact) board wipes to play the control game, with a few more equipments thrown in for good measure.
Egon, God of Death // Throne of Death
- mostly thinking about him because he's got zero EDHrec decks which always gets my attention. My take would be to build around throne of a death as a 1-drop to fuel reanimator. No need to play any discard, self-mill, etc - just lands, fatties, and reanimation. Throne as my always-1-drop, then hope to mill an eldrazi or whatever to reanimate on an early turn, with the activated ability as CA later if necessary. Could also replay Egon as a 6/6 after I've milled half my deck and don't need more grave fuel.
Narfi, Betrayer King
- Zombie tribal is so passe. This would be essentially Reassembling Skeleton
in the command zone, sacing him for value and death triggers, alongside some classic UB control stuff.
- Harder to know exactly what to do with him, but his ETB is strong and so is his triggered ability. Probably a lot of forced attacks, creature donation, and removal with the goal of draining the table to death. Happily, him living isn't that important since I don't mind replaying him for his nasty ETB.
Aegar, the Freezing Flame
- No giants or Wizards. Instants and sorceries for damage only. Basically a UR burn deck. I don't have much of an idea beyond that right now.