[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

Dunharrow wrote:
1 year ago
Congratulations! You should be proud of this achievement. It does seem like you appreciate the new things you can do now.
Thanks! For a good while I felt really sad I had gotten so bad, like mad at myself for not acting sooner. It felt like too much and I would never achieve it, but it turned out ok. Im with arround 105KG right now and im quite happy with it, im 191 cm tall. I reallt never tought it would get this low. Humans are great, nobody can stop us

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

So, my car is getting OLDDDD and the amount of time I can stall before buying something else is quickly running out. I have an 08 Prius and I keep telling myself I can get another few years out of her but man she is starting to get rough. I looked at the used car market locally this weekend and whoof its rough pricing still. I am hoping things can calm down soon but prices are still hiked high while interest rates are high as well. If the used market stays this insane I might have to entertain something new.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

I drive an 05 Santa Fe so I feel you. I keep hearing that the used market is crashing but I'm not seeing it either.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Yea I think I have been hoping to get another year or two out of my car for the last two years lol. I really can afford to get something I was just at the point of getting out of debt and starting to ramp up my personal investing and I really haven't wanted to go back into debt for a car. It wouldn't be a big deal if car prices haven't been jumping so much as I would normally just buy another $10-15k used car but hot damn what you can buy for that price range right now totally sucks. The not complete crap vehicles that I didn't hate were all 20k+ and they seemed to be like 80% of the cost of new which seems crazy price for something used (outside of it being like a year old).
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
Yea I think I have been hoping to get another year or two out of my car for the last two years lol. I really can afford to get something I was just at the point of getting out of debt and starting to ramp up my personal investing and I really haven't wanted to go back into debt for a car. It wouldn't be a big deal if car prices haven't been jumping so much as I would normally just buy another $10-15k used car but hot damn what you can buy for that price range right now totally sucks. The not complete crap vehicles that I didn't hate were all 20k+ and they seemed to be like 80% of the cost of new which seems crazy price for something used (outside of it being like a year old).

My car got totalled this past month so i have been having to shop at around that range and yea its not great.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Oof sorry to hear that. The last time we had a car get totalled it was kind of a joke to see the money we got from insurance versus the inflated price of comparable vehicles.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Ooo sorry to hear that @Ulka. Some of my issue is how little I drive my own vehicle. I drive my kid to daycare every day and back home (I work from home) which is probably like.... 6-8 miles a day round trip. I have put 75,000 miles on my vehicle over the span of almost 10 years so buying something new seems like a huge waste because I barely use the asset its just that all of the used vehicles are crazy priced. For now I will probably put it on the backburner and see if things change by summer or even by next fall. If not..... I might have to entertain something a bit more expensive than I was thinking originally just because I don't want to buy something beat up for half the price of new.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

My car started leaking gas in the middle of the pandemic, and that was the final straw. I started looking at used cars, but the best deal I could get on a used car was ~$11000 for a car with 50,000 miles on it, and there were new cars available for ~$22000. I figured if you expect a car to make it at least 100k miles, they were actually of similar value, but the new car comes with a warranty + I can make sure it gets regular maintenance + it has WAY better gas mileage. Of course, it wasn't until AFTER I made the decision to buy the new car that I realized I hadn't accounted for insurance rates.

I'm still not sure if I made the right decision financially, but I'd be lying if it wasn't nice having a brand new car that's far more dependable then the beaters I've been driving my entire life up to this point.

I'm planning on driving this car until the wheels fall off, then I'll reevaluate whether it was worth it or not/whether I'd buy a new car again.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 1 year ago

Whatever you do, don't get a Toyota Highlander. One of my suppliers exclusively gives this card to their sales reps and I think they have had about 9 stolen across Canada in the last year. My local rep had hers stolen twice.
Considering the prices people are getting for used cars thefts have been very high. I know a lot of people who have had cars stolen recently.

If I needed a new car, I would try to find something that is not highly targeted for theft, and then I would get new. Saving 20% on a used car does not seem worthwhile to me unless it is almost new.
Because this time next year that used car is going to be worth a lot less.

I know you guys won't love this idea but I would even say to lease a car for 2-3 years and look for better prices at the end of your lease.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

They recently busted a ring of catalytic converters thieves down here in the US https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice- ... theft-ring
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

menu time! Only this time it's what are you eating and WHERE are you going?
United Airlines 1973 in-flight menu - flight from Sacramento, CA
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Image and drinks

The steak and I'm going to Maimi
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 1 year ago

Can I get the lasagne and just take it home to eat?
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Swiss Steak, vodka martini, and a 1 way ticket to Honolulu please and thanks.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

I've seen how Americans have a full meal inside their Bloody Mary drinks. So that my choice

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

SMF to PNS via ATL. I'll be having the Swiss steak and double bourbon, neat. Probably a coffee at some point and since it's the 70's a good ol' Dunhill cigarette.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

I'm going with Braised Beef Steak Swiss Style and a tea since they don't have ginger ale. As for my destination, that's a tough one. I want to go back to Maui. But I also want to go back to Alaska. Hmm...
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
I've seen how Americans have a full meal inside their Bloody Mary drinks. So that my choice
I went to school at Marquette in Milwaukee and there was a place like ten minutes from campus called Sobelman's. The usual Bloody Mary came with a sausage and/or a slider attached to it, plus some garnishes like cheese, celery and bacon. It wasn't unusual however to see someone having a Bloody Mary with half a fried chicken however.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

SMF to SJU via RDU and MIA. I'll have the Beef Steak and a 7-Up, or a ginger ale if you've got one. See you in two weeks after I scrape myself up off my tropical bender.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

This made me chuckle quite a bit:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
This is the ideal businessperson. You may not like it, but this is what peak legitimacy looks like.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

Everyone be spewing food stuff on here. Anyone watch the movie The Menu? Just watched it myself for the first time last night and enjoyed it a lot.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I get serious Vincent Adultman vibes whenever I see that card. If I had a reliable person for alters I might try to get it made.
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Everyone be spewing food stuff on here. Anyone watch the movie The Menu? Just watched it myself for the first time last night and enjoyed it a lot.
I heard it was good, I will watch it at some point. What would you compare it to in terms of mood?
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

materpillar
the caterpillar

Dunharrow wrote:
1 year ago
I heard it was good, I will watch it at some point. What would you compare it to in terms of mood?
It felt similar to Ready Or Not or Cabin in the Woods. The tone swings wildly between thriller/horror and dark comedy. I mean that in the best way. It's definitely far far from a gore filled horror flick. So don't have that expectation. The movie didn't scare me much at all (Avatar 2 had a much scarier scene for me) but it did make me feel fairly uneasy multiple time which is more what it felt like it was aiming for.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

I've been meaning to check out the Menu anyway but those comparisons make it sound even more appealing. I'll have to push it up the list.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Lifeless wrote:
1 year ago
I've been meaning to check out the Menu anyway but those comparisons make it sound even more appealing. I'll have to push it up the list.
Those movies go a lot more into the horror genre than The Menu does. The Menu is a bit more on the psychological thriller spectrum of horror. It has a very similar tone though. All three are really good movies though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”