Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
If anger was an energy source, my day at work today could have powered the entirety of the California grid for five whole minutes.
Oh damn. Vent away, sir!
I work in the twilight zone. The rules are backwards, the management upside down. I do the work of three people (provable via the company stat sheets btw) and get punished. The people who avoid productivity at all costs consistently suffer no repercussions. I show up every %$#% day and end up doing a job and a half because inevitably, some other person always calls out. It feels like I'm trying really hard to do everything right and receiving a frozen %$#% sandwich for my efforts. It's extremely taxing.

Holiday weekends suck. Working retail sucks. I hate useless managers and unreliable fellow employees. I hate squandering my mental energy trying to explain the obvious to idiots. I'm tired of being blamed for things that aren't my fault. I'm sick to death of having to pick up the slack for people who can't be expected to ever return the favor.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
If anger was an energy source, my day at work today could have powered the entirety of the California grid for five whole minutes.
Oh damn. Vent away, sir!
I work in the twilight zone. The rules are backwards, the management upside down. I do the work of three people (provable via the company stat sheets btw) and get punished. The people who avoid productivity at all costs consistently suffer no repercussions. I show up every %$#% day and end up doing a job and a half because inevitably, some other person always calls out. It feels like I'm trying really hard to do everything right and receiving a frozen %$#% sandwich for my efforts. It's extremely taxing.

Holiday weekends suck. Working retail sucks. I hate useless managers and unreliable fellow employees. I hate squandering my mental energy trying to explain the obvious to idiots. I'm tired of being blamed for things that aren't my fault. I'm sick to death of having to pick up the slack for people who can't be expected to ever return the favor.
Yikes, hope things start to look up. Never worked retail but it sounds just as bad as food service.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

I do not miss retail. I lasted less than six months. @TheAmericanSpirit have you ever worked with kids?

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
Oh damn. Vent away, sir!

HAYO, another retail worker! By chance, are you working with people or more inventory/warehouse?
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
I do not miss retail. I lasted less than six months. @TheAmericanSpirit have you ever worked with kids?
I have. Worked a brief stint as a substitute teacher before the pandemic caught fire.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
I have. Worked a brief stint as a substitute teacher before the pandemic caught fire.
Would you consider doing it again? School districts have gotten a lot of money to cover "learning loss" and a lot of them are choosing to partner with tutoring companies. The pay is good, the hours aren't bad and you have about as much responsibility for paperwork as a sub.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

11-1-0 for the weekend. Not bad.

Finished on a sweet note too. He had out Defiler of Vigor, Llanowar Greenwidow, and Deathbloom Gardener, with counters on the defiler and greenwidow. I've got Radha's Firebrand, Najal, the Storm Runner, Tura Kennerüd, Skyknight, and a couple 1/1 tokens. Both our life totals are high but, but of course I'm anxious about the defiler getting out of control. My topdeck: Tolarian Geyser. Swing all in, double-cast the geyser off Najal (easy MVP for the deck) bouncing the two big boys, targeting the gardener with the firebrand, smashing for 15 damage and putting him to 2. He scooped.

Yeah, I'm gonna be forcing UR spellslinger a lot in this format. Spellslinger in limited is so much more fun than constructed. I almost wanna make a Najal deck after that run.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

I was today years old when I learned Shahrazad is a (fictional) person, not a spell. Presumably the woman depicted in the art.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 year ago

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
I was today years old when I learned Shahrazad is a (fictional) person, not a spell. Presumably the woman depicted in the art.
Have you never heard of a one thousand and one nights?
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Legend
Aethernaut

5colorsrainbow wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Yup. I watched today The Thief of Baghdad (1924) silent movie which is rooted in 1001 nights. I looked up some stuff about it on Wikipedia and there learned about Shahrazad being a person. Incredible movie btw.

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Yup. I watched today The Thief of Baghdad (1924) silent movie which is rooted in 1001 nights. I looked up some stuff about it on Wikipedia and there learned about Shahrazad being a person. Incredible movie btw.
If you're on an old movie kick, I recommend Kubrick's Paths of Glory (1957). I saw that for the first time recently and it was stellar and harrowing.

Legend
Aethernaut

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
1 year ago

If you're on an old movie kick, I recommend Kubrick's Paths of Glory (1957). I saw that for the first time recently and it was stellar and harrowing.
Oh yeah, I've watched nearly 500 movies over the last 2 1/2 years. I'm taking a break after today then picking it back up in October with a month of horror movies. I've put Paths of Glory on my list for November.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@Legend Please PM me a top 20 if you get the time! I love old films, but there's a lot to sift through.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Legend Please PM me a top 20 if you get the time! I love old films, but there's a lot to sift through.
Buster Keaton's Sherlock Jr. is pound for pound one of the best things I've ever seen.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

i'll suggest Fritz Lang's Metropolis, one of the first Sci-fi movies.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Hermes_ wrote:
1 year ago
i'll suggest Fritz Lang's Metropolis, one of the first Sci-fi movies.
I've seen that one, albeit not perfectly. We had a VHS of it when I was a kid, but parts of the tape were really screwed up. I really should rewatch it!

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 1 year ago

Good Riddance

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Toshi wrote:
1 year ago
Good Riddance
Not a fan of the late queen?

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

I got the top for my Chandra cosplay

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Venedrex

Sir, I'm going to need at least one more pixel from you. :)

But I like it!

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@Hermes_ now that makes two nexusites I could identify in public! Neither you nor @DirkGently look anything like what I expected. I'm beginning to think my imagination just revels in unrealistic aesthetic presumptions.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
Sir, I'm going to need at least one more pixel from you. :)

But I like it!
That's just the Patterson-Gimlin filter that's all the rage on Instagram and Tiktok right now.

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Hermes_ now that makes two nexusites I could identify in public! Neither you nor @DirkGently look anything like what I expected. I'm beginning to think my imagination just revels in unrealistic aesthetic presumptions.
Hermes face reveal? 😯
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Venedrex

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
My problem is that I subconsciously assume people look like their avatars, so I was surprised to not see a red skinned, horned fiend in a dapper suit. :grin:

And no, I don't think I resemble a goblin, but who's to say. :P

Hmm, I'll give a description of my appearance. You know how David Tennant played a Death Eater? I look like that, but much less handsome movie star, more death eater.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@Venedrex Then you would be super disappointed by my lack of mustache.

I always hear that I look like John C. Reilly. He's a great actor and all, but he's not exactly Fabio either. C'est la vie!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”