I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Hermes_ now that makes two nexusites I could identify in public! Neither you nor @DirkGently look anything like what I expected. I'm beginning to think my imagination just revels in unrealistic aesthetic presumptions.
My problem is that I subconsciously assume people look like their avatars, so I was surprised to not see a red skinned, horned fiend in a dapper suit. :grin:

And no, I don't think I resemble a goblin, but who's to say. :P

Hmm, I'll give a description of my appearance. You know how David Tennant played a Death Eater? I look like that, but much less handsome movie star, more death eater.
So then what do you think I look like? 🤔
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Hermes_ now that makes two nexusites I could identify in public! Neither you nor @DirkGently look anything like what I expected. I'm beginning to think my imagination just revels in unrealistic aesthetic presumptions.
My problem is that I subconsciously assume people look like their avatars, so I was surprised to not see a red skinned, horned fiend in a dapper suit. :grin:

And no, I don't think I resemble a goblin, but who's to say. :P

Hmm, I'll give a description of my appearance. You know how David Tennant played a Death Eater? I look like that, but much less handsome movie star, more death eater.
So then what do you think I look like? 🤔
The Invisible Man.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Venedrex

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Venedrex Then you would be super disappointed by my lack of mustache.

I always hear that I look like John C. Reilly. He's a great actor and all, but he's not exactly Fabio either. C'est la vie!
Hmm there's still time to grow one! Now my mental image is picturing John C. Reilly playing MTG in a cowboy hat.

Oh don't worry. If you saw my face you'd laugh. I can't really grow a moustache yet, (maybe not ever), and I have a good chunk of the old acne. But I like to have facial hair, because I think I look like a little shady when I'm clean shaven and my hair's slicked back. Pale skin, dark brown hair and a slender frame with a clean chin just screams evil dude to me. Maybe I've seen too many to movies.

I want to do a comedy routine one day, and I'm trying to think of a bit where I joke that I'm a cross between slenderman and a death eater, which while hyperbole, might be funny.

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
Hermes face reveal? 😯
I took my glasses off for that pic lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Beard. Glasses. Colorado. Congrats, you know what I look like.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
John Denver, is that you?
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

@TheAmericanSpirit Out of curiosity, how did you expect me to look?
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

DirkGently wrote:
1 year ago
@TheAmericanSpirit Out of curiosity, how did you expect me to look?
It's harder to recall now that the mystery has long been dispelled by the image of sweaty cockpit man, but I figured you to look something along the lines of Benedict Cumberbatch. Dunno why, but probably because his delivery of haughty statements is right on the money.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@Venedrex Then you would be super disappointed by my lack of mustache.

I always hear that I look like John C. Reilly. He's a great actor and all, but he's not exactly Fabio either. C'est la vie!
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago

John Denver, is that you?

Venedrex

I know most of us here have already heard about it, but here's a first look at the actual cards for Lorcana.

https://www.polygon.com/23342656/mtg-lo ... maleficent

I can tell this was a genius move to make money because as a committed MTG player I can't help but want to play with the Robin Hood. (HEY, IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES AS A KID) Now multiply that sentiment by all the other Disney fans who happen to be nerds. But, I'll stick to MTG.

Also, *exert* lol. Must be hard to make new terms when one game has used literally all of them. Also banish an opposing character, the card game terminology of, they didn't get killed by the hero, they fell off a cliff in a way that makes it friendly for all audiences.

P.S. I just noticed, does Stitch have totally not mutate? :P

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

We doing face reveals? I'm down. :D

Got any other Spy x Family fans in here?

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 1 year ago

@Venedrex I'm pretty sure I can grok like 90% of the rules just from looking at the cards. Seems like you attack creatures directly hearthstone style, and evasion is basically just flying (only flying creatures can attack flying creatures).

But yeah I can't imagine wanting to switch. I'm betting the playerbase will be mostly 8-year-olds, and who knows if they'll have anything similar to limited or commander (the only 2 good formats).

@materpillar nice drip!
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 year ago

@ Lorcana - they have Kelly Diggs who was on the creative team for magic for a time doing the creative work for this and it's giving off kingdom hearts vibes in a fun away imo
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Expose yourself thread?
You don't want us exposing ourselves!
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

materpillar
the caterpillar

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Expose yourself thread?
I just missed out on the commander convention and have been sad to not meet people face to face. Random photo is as close as I can get. I still need to send someone on here wedding photos and fun relationship stories.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I still need to send someone on here wedding photos and fun relationship stories.
Isn't that a wedding photo up there?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

materpillar
the caterpillar

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I still need to send someone on here wedding photos and fun relationship stories.
Nah, we're both cosplay nerds. Both of us are wearing wigs there.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago

Gah, I was in a rush this morning and left off the " 🤣 " . But a cosplay wedding would be fun.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

materpillar
the caterpillar

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Gah, I was in a rush this morning and left off the " 🤣 " . But a cosplay wedding would be fun.
We considered it. We're both an interesting mix of very traditional and not at all.

plushpenguin

Post by plushpenguin » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago

Coincidentally the plush I made...

RIP it doesn't preview

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

Had to put the other senior dog to sleep this morning. Time to watch Millennium Actress and dissociate.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Had to put the other senior dog to sleep this morning. Time to watch Millennium Actress and dissociate.
My heart goes out to you. The loss of a loyal friend is never easy.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
I'm sorry. It's often harder to lose dogs than people. I hope you have some good luck soon.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Had to put the other senior dog to sleep this morning.
So sorry to hear! Wishing you nothing but the best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”