[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

Looks like today is my account's third anniversary of joining the forums since the badge hasn't updated. Has it... has it really been so long?

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Looks like today is my account's third anniversary of joining the forums since the badge hasn't updated. Has it... has it really been so long?
Wow. It doesn't feel that long. Frankly, I'm kinda surprised that there are many people who have been here longer than I have. I thought I was among the earliest. It doesn't matter, though. I love this place.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Well I'll be damned. Mine still says 2 years, and I could've sworn I was here before you. Memory is a funny thing.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
Well I'll be damned. Mine still says 2 years, and I could've sworn I was here before you. Memory is a funny thing.
Well, I was once a Glorious goose, but I asked to have my name changed to better synchronize my MTG online persona. I was registered here very, very early on, but I waffled between actually posting or not while seeing how the whole MTGS fiasco played out. When I saw the Commander community largely went here, I followed suit.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

Not printing backgrounds with the same showcase frames as the legendary creatures in CLB was a mistake. Surprisingly, I actually really like the classic D&D book aesthetic, but it clashes with the backgrounds that have the standard Magic frame. It's disappointing.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Random side note but if you ever play a Kothophed, Soul Hoarder into Smothering Tithe you die while giving that opponent infinite mana. Technically you can pay the mana but if they have any real amount of treasures on hand you really can't and just implode (assuming no sac outlet or removal to break the loop).

It almost happened to me but I noticed it and was like hummmm this looks suspiciously bad then I realized I would just flat out die to it but I had removal lol.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there with a special shout out to Father of the Year - Mr. Kes.

I do want to put a warning before the video that while not graphic, it does contain birds of prey eating prey, as they do. But it is a very heartwarming video if you know the story behind it.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

@TheGildedGoose Looks like you beat me by 2 days. My profile is 3 years old today.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
@TheGildedGoose Looks like you beat me by 2 days. My profile is 3 years old today.
I think we're Nexus birthday buddies.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

Hrmm wonder if I've hit the three year mark.

On a random note, tarred a wall yesterday for the first time. That stuff gets everywhere. Getting tarred and feathered would suuuuuuck.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago

On a random note, tarred a wall yesterday for the first time. That stuff gets everywhere. Getting tarred and feathered would suuuuuuck.
Assuming they don't use hot tar and burn your skin off, I imagine it would. If they hate you enough to use hot tar, I'd wager you've got bigger problems.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago

getting tarred and feathers was like a 20-40% chance you'd die if they stripped you naked so yea i would assume not pleasant in the least.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Getting tarred and feathered would suuuuuuck.
Yes, how terrible, getting a beautiful collection of plumage with which to strut around, bare as the day you were born. How awful it would be to become the Bird Baron.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Getting tarred and feathered would suuuuuuck.
Yes, how terrible, getting a beautiful collection of plumage with which to strut around, bare as the day you were born. How awful it would be to become the Bird Baron.
Did we just hear Goose's origin story?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Anniversary: the displayed time on a post rounds a bit and hits about half a month early (11.5 → 12).

If you hover over the time on desktop it'll give you the date.

:)
RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Well, you see.. we were trying out a new member hazing system for a bit, three-ish years ago, and well…
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 year ago
Anniversary: the displayed time on a post rounds a bit and hits a little about half a month early (11.5 → 12).

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Well, you see.. we were trying out a new member hazing system for a bit, three-ish years ago, and well…
Phew! I dodged a bullet there! Or should I say that I really dodged a hot bucket of tar there!

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 year ago
Anniversary: the displayed time on a post rounds a bit and hits a little about half a month early (11.5 → 12).

RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Phew! I dodged a bullet there! Or should I say that I really dodged a hot bucket of tar there!
Don't worry there is still time...
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
RxPhantom wrote:
1 year ago
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 year ago

Don't worry there is still time...
Gentlemen, please! We are not savages! Let's be civilized about this. After all, this man is a pharmacist.

Obviously he must be drawn and quartered instead. Otherwise we could lose face in the international court of mtg forums.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
Gentlemen, please! We are not savages! Let's be civilized about this. After all, this man is a pharmacist.

Obviously he must be drawn and quartered instead. Otherwise we could lose face in the international court of mtg forums.
I've got some personal connection to pharmacists. You're going to have trouble finding a punishment more extreme than working the first Monday of January before/after a snowstorm.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago

I've got some personal connection to pharmacists. You're going to have trouble finding a punishment more extreme than working the first Monday of January before/after a snowstorm.
This is true. Going to a pharmacy on a Monday is like going to a restaurant on a Friday or Saturday; you're gonna wait.

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 year ago

I (pre)ordered the Alayna Danner Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx playmat for my birthday a few weeks ago. I don't normally get accessories outside of deck boxes for stuff but I loved the art, the fact she put in all 16 of the Theros gods on it and it's just plain beautiful.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I bought my first (real) road bike today. I'm super stoked to get out there and burn rubber after city biking on a mountain bike for years.

Managed to snag a carbon endurance bike w disk brakes under 2k :). A Scott addict 10. Try to get some pics tomorrow.
Last edited by pokken 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

EonAon

Post by EonAon » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I bought my first road bike today. I'm super stoked to get out there and burn rubber after city biking on a mountain bike for years.

Managed to snag a carbon endurance bike w disk brakes under 2k :). A Scott addict 10. Try to get some pics tomorrow.
careful of sewer grates

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

EonAon wrote:
1 year ago
pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I bought my first road bike today. I'm super stoked to get out there and burn rubber after city biking on a mountain bike for years.

careful of sewer grates
Those damned ninja turtles bothering people again?

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

I wish I lived in a place where a bike was a viable means of transport.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”