[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
@DirkGently I live in Brasilia, Brazil ground 0 of yesterday %$#%
I knew you live in Brazil, but didn't know where in Brazil.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Sorry to hear that and even sorrier that we now have attempted revolution in our time as a common denominator.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
Sorry to hear that and even sorrier that we now have attempted revolution in our time as a common denominator.
it is a lot less funny to watch when its in your own backyard i'll tell you that. I also had a sweet trade lined up and they trashed this guy moms store and now he needs the money. I had a lined up Boseiju :cry:

my least favourite movie of all time is "The OH in Ohio" It's not particularly bad, just overall meeh now that I come to think of it, but in the late 00s when I was watched it, I was in a really bad triple date and I decided zeroing on the movie would be the best option. Didn't like and didnt care about it for a while, but now it somehows hunts me. Every now and then it shows up wherever I am and it gives me terrible war flashbacks of that fatefull eevening. I also really dislike Batman vs superman, this one I don't have a bad story about it , just left the room because I couldnt handle it anymore

Now favourite? My favorite movies I think are the princess bride. I don't know if it is the best one, but is the one I have been nonstop loving for the longest time

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago

Off and on, I feel the predatory business model a lot more now that I'm in pool 3, and that's killed some of the enjoyment, but I've still had a lot of fun.

Death + Wave is probably my favorite deck, but I got infinity the last two seasons with Mr. Negative.
I just unlocked Mr Negative. My first attempts to use him have turned out very poorly. What's your list look like?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Dunadain wrote:
1 year ago

Off and on, I feel the predatory business model a lot more now that I'm in pool 3, and that's killed some of the enjoyment, but I've still had a lot of fun.

Death + Wave is probably my favorite deck, but I got infinity the last two seasons with Mr. Negative.
I just unlocked Mr Negative. My first attempts to use him have turned out very poorly. What's your list look like?
Negative cares a lot about being played on or before curve so Psylocke can be a very key important part of his puzzle. Some people also do Silver Surfer Negative builds because there are several three drops that can become free if drawn after negative including silver surfer.

I would say you probably want to either have Psylocke or Silver Surfer to make negative work right now. Its a very polarizing kind of deck in that if you don't draw Negative and play him early the deck feels clunky. I don't really like building with so much emphasis on one piece which in my mind probably makes the Silver Surfer direction better but Surfer can also just go in a Patriot direction which is where I prefer to go with that one.

Mr Negative isn't how I tend to like building but he is really good at farming 8 cubes because you just never know if they have it or not. They might have free Iron Man and when that happens you are just so incredibly boned.

I just opened Attuma in a pack so I am trying to figure out if its got any legs but I feel like I am probably going to end up shelving it until some new card makes it really shine. There are still cool things he can do but I feel like in a lot of cases I am trying to pull off Typhoid Marry type things with him.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 1 year ago

Attuma really only works with Zero from what I've seen so far, but that can be a fun deck.

I've had Negative a long time and while he's very explosive he's all about how many draws you can pull off after casting him. So there's always going to be a lot of variance based on how good your draws are. Psylocke and Magik are keys to this, although the later will occasionally get hit by Storm/Scarlet Witch and you get blown out. Also Sera can help give you a fighting chance if you don't draw Negative.

materpillar
the caterpillar

The odds of having to have Psylocke on Turn2 into Negative on 3 just seems so low consistency wise. When I Negative on 4 it seems like I draw one really strong card and one card that's ok-ishly better. The rest of the shell just feels so weak that the Negative cards can't make up the insane tempo loss. I don't have Magik yet, that might be a factor. I also don't have surfer.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
The odds of having to have Psylocke on Turn2 into Negative on 3 just seems so low consistency wise. When I Negative on 4 it seems like I draw one really strong card and one card that's ok-ishly better. The rest of the shell just feels so weak that the Negative cards can't make up the insane tempo loss. I don't have Magik yet, that might be a factor. I also don't have surfer.
Yea, its inconsistent. But the big thing about snap is that you can have one or two big games of 8 cubes to make up for a lot of misses so the key is just to be very friendly with the retreat button. You can also snap before they see that you are a negative deck and even when they figure that out its still a big question of if you got big payoffs or duds out of your draws so its a tough deck when deciding when to retreat against.

Psylock is one of the last cards I am missing for negative but I also don't really love negative as a payoff because of how you need to draw and play him early.
Lifeless wrote:
1 year ago
Attuma really only works with Zero from what I've seen so far, but that can be a fun deck.

I've had Negative a long time and while he's very explosive he's all about how many draws you can pull off after casting him. So there's always going to be a lot of variance based on how good your draws are. Psylocke and Magik are keys to this, although the later will occasionally get hit by Storm/Scarlet Witch and you get blown out. Also Sera can help give you a fighting chance if you don't draw Negative.
Armor also works with Attuma to keeping him from destroying. I have also found that curving Attuma into Taskmaster seems relatively decent. Even with all of this though there is just so much explosiveness with the 3s and 4s combo pieces that dropping a good stated 4 drop just doesn't seem like it keeps up with Silver Surfer and Zabu's somewhat BS level tactics. I kind of hope that they nerf both of those cards as it stands as while I am not opposed to new archetypes both of them feel pushed as all hell.

I just recently unlocked Sera but it was sort of as people started playing a lot more Leech / Leader and that kind of just got me not wanting to build it as much. It had been on of the biggest cards I was looking to unlock but having someone Leader your big Sera payoff sounds......... not fun.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Attuma also has to content with Aero and Magneto shinanigans that are always a concern.

The pass cards have definitely been an issue the last couple months. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place because if they nerf cards that essentially cost 10 bucks people will be pissed, but the cards themselves are also pretty unhealthy.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I don't have Magik, I do have Psylocke

TBH, the deck probably has a ~ 50% winrate (wouldn't be suprised if it was even lower), but I just retreat whenever I don't get a turn 3-4 Mr. Negative and all of my opponents are too brain dead to realize that you should probably just retreat to a t3 Mr.Negative unless you have a ridiculously strong hand. So I win way more cubes when I win then I lose when I lose
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Man, it feels like every time I see Surfer I am left with just like..... ugh I should retreat. Its just so hard because it feels like 1/3rd to half of what I encounter is surfer.

Been playing a bit more with Attuma today and honestly its kind of fun. I have also been locking people up with Professor which is funny. Attuma into Professor is really rather decent it just raises the question of if you can win another lane with your other plays.

Hermes_

what would oyu order, all prices in Cents.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I think I would order
Pork Chops .50
Au gratin potatoes .20
Green Peas .20
Seltzer Lemonade .20
_
Total: $1.10 before any taxes

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

I'll have the impoted Caviar (95), a Tenderloin Steak (95), 2 fried eggs (30), an order of Green aspargus (25) and a pot of coffee (15). Pay with a 5, leave the change as tip.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Fresh brook trout, asparagus, string beans, oyster cream stew. a butterscotch sundae for dessert and a bottle of miller high life.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

95 cent caviar sounds like part of a old fashioned comedy bit.

Sign me up for the clam juice and fruit salad with French dressing.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

I'm an old fashioned sort of guy so give me the Southern Fried Chicken, with Corn Fritters (55), Iced Tea (15), and a Chop Suey Ice Cream Sundae (20) for a bully good meal under a buck. Don't know what a Chop Suey Ice Cream Sundae is, but at worst it would include those crunchy noodles and I like those crunchy noodles.

Also I appreciate how intuitive it is that that Pabst Blue Ribbon is listed with water and Canada Dry and not the beers. If only all menus could be like that.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

I would order...... one of everything. It would run me what like $50 to literally sample / eat anything and everything lol.

duducrash
Still Learning

You gotta go with the fresh seafood, right? screw me up with the oysters and crab!

Interesting choices of drinks... I'll admit I was a bit weirded @ Milk with egg

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

I'm currently twisted up by the idea that there's an option between milk and certified milk. Watch out for bootleg milk friends.

Hermes_

Lifeless wrote:
1 year ago
I'm currently twisted up by the idea that there's an option between milk and certified milk. Watch out for bootleg milk friends.
From about 1910 until the 1940s, an uneasy truce existed. Certified raw milk was available for those who wanted it, while the influence of the pasteurization lobby saw to it that most states and municipalities adopted regulations that required all milk other than certified milk be pasteurized. The end of this truce (detailed below)has led to the subsequent outlawing of all retail sales of raw milk in most states and even of on-farm sales in many.

Hermes_

Guardman wrote:
1 year ago
I'm an old fashioned sort of guy so give me the Southern Fried Chicken, with Corn Fritters (55), Iced Tea (15), and a Chop Suey Ice Cream Sundae (20) for a bully good meal under a buck. Don't know what a Chop Suey Ice Cream Sundae is, but at worst it would include those crunchy noodles and I like those crunchy noodles.
On top of ice cream, "chop suey" was a topping of dried and preserved fruit, nuts, and syrup,

duducrash
Still Learning

I'm curious about the very expensive mayonnaise in the seafood section

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

duducrash wrote:
1 year ago
I'm curious about the very expensive mayonnaise in the seafood section
It's half a cold lobster *with* mayonnaise from the looks of it :)

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

That's how I read it also. I think the Fancy Specials section is pretty great. I wonder if anyone knows what the 3 items on the right are or if that's lost to time.

materpillar
the caterpillar

I enjoy reading you guys talk about random food menu thingy. I am extremely pleased with my life. That is all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”