Ghired, Conclave Exile - Triple Dipping Naya Lards

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 2 years ago

Glad to hear there's more Ghired players out there :) The deck's a fun one to pilot, the modularity leads to games shaking out quite differently. One game you feel almost like Naya goodstuff, the one after you quickly copy a narrow beatstick. There's still some clunkiness hiding in the execution, but there's not a ton that can be done about it. Maybe reorient the deck a bit towards the Rhino plan, cutting down on the number of sliding pieces and situational includes? But what's the fun in that? :P

MH2/AFR wise, far and away the most viable include is Serra's Emissary. I'd have slammed it in in a heartbeat if it hadn't turned out unfun in testing. My build makes some concessions in the interest of table-wide fun, as ultimately this is a social format and winning with this deck doesn't seem worth it if it comes at the cost of deeply disgruntled opposition. Of the cards EonAon brings up, Flame Blitz could be a meta piece of walker hate if there's a lot of those flying around. Tireless Provisioner is not the worst thing in the world, but it rewards a lands.dec playstyle the build isn't aiming for. You can technically bank some of the mana you make, unlike the original Lotus Cobra, and it interacts favourably with token doubling. However, if Moraug failed to gel, I can't imagine Provisioner being too successful either.

In terms of AFR, the most viable card is Wulfgar of Icewind Dale. Given the fact a worrying proportion of the deck's beef is attack trigger based, this not only amplifies Ghired but also Kalonian Hydra or Boomgoat. However, the problem is the cost - five mana conflicts with Ghired and most follow-ups. Nevertheless, I gave it a couple of test games, and the results were about as expected. In the first game, I lacked action, so Wulfgar combined with Parallel Lives to churn out four Rhinos a combat until I drew into Boomgoat. Spoiler, Wulfgar's double melee translates to a very juicy stat line to spread around. In the second game, I had an Ohran Frostfang and other 5+ costs, and Wulfgar sat in hand as other stuff got played out instead. So yeah, he's ultimately kind of like Cat Car - a bonus synergy piece to make use of things that already came together. The deck is still keen on minimising "what-if" layers, given its modularity. I could see this being ran in a more Rhino focused build.

Other stuff worth mentioning:
  • Delina, Wild Mage would be a consideration for some mid tier copying if the token didn't come with the exile clause baked in. That's a bummer, I thought we left this templating behind after Shards of Alara? Thankfully, Phantom Steed in the same set has conventional wording. Delina's an outlier, formulated the way she is so the two rolling outcomes can build off each other more clearly. Phew, hopefully no more Heat Shimmers in our future.
  • Druid of Purification is a decent option to try to get some multi-target removal going. It does technically depend on the table cooperating, but it shouldn't be too hard to get a little discord going between the other three players. The main issue is the cost - spending four for removal is a bit more than the deck likes to. In fact, the three-drop answers are already often a bit clunky.
  • Guardian of Faith is the second mass phase, and automatically becomes the second best three drop juke spell after Teferi's Protection. Thing is, we're already not running TefProt for clunkiness/curving-out reasons.
  • Teleportation Circle has the magical cost of four, and is actually a consideration for Rhino builds or just ones that go heavy on ETB value.
  • Vengeful Ancestor is a cute option for trying to keep your foes' prime beef away from cracking back into you. My group has a bizarre hatred of goad, so I won't be able to test how this does. It's probably too silly and tangential to what the deck actually wants to be doing, but is nevertheless an option to consider.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Tags:

EonAon

Post by EonAon » 2 years ago

Arguments could be made that provisioner comes out earlier and helps plays more than a 6 drop :)
Froghemoth is fast and I honestly can see it getting copied and really eating into other folks decks, but as you said your looking for more on the fun side I can get that people take a bit of umbrage with that kind of play.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Right, thanks for reminding me of another reason why I didn't include it - I moved all my ramp to low CMC. Having a bunch of acceleration at 1-2 CMC means I'm quite likely to drop in a turn three Ghired, or at least have four mana to deploy a strong support piece ahead of time. The only ramp three-drop currently in the list is Wood Elves as copying an ETB land dork is quite nice sometimes. That said, your point about Provisioner being inherently more likely to see more land come in than Moraug stands.

Froghemoth I don't get though. It's a Rhino which does a little grave hate if it connects. If you want grave hate, I'm sure there are better options than this.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

EonAon

Post by EonAon » 2 years ago

Its a rhino at the start then a giant then a eldrazi depending on the meta of creatures around, and as a bonus gains you time and life as well as stopping any grave shenanigans. The haste and trample means any setup plays they do early on can be neutered assuming its not omg ramp or small combo. Think Scavenging Ooze with no activation cost. Little worse in the fact it has to connect but it can be played and gain bonuses almost immediately and could remove trouble down the line that you didn't realize or see.

Naota481
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Naota481 » 2 years ago

Is harmonic prodigy too cute? It doubles ghired's etb/attack trigger, rionya, hedge mage, eternal witness,

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

This is honestly a rock solid suggestion, and I feel quite silly for missing it. True, I literally just ragged on Cat Car and Wulfgar for being too situational, and Harmonic Prodigy is in the same boat, but the bugger costs all of two mana. The aggressive cheapness might make this worth it over Doubling Season due to better curving. Need to get some testing in for sure.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

SaintRumpterfrabble

Post by SaintRumpterfrabble » 2 years ago

Can confirm, Harmonic Prodigy is fantastic. Played a game where I had Prodigy and Lightning Greaves in play by turn 3 then dropped Ghired, Conclave Exile turn 4 and attacked with him and 2 rhinos with 2 more waiting in the wings. I'm really liking where Prodigy sits on the curve, far more so than Doubling Season.
Last edited by SaintRumpterfrabble 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 2 years ago

SaintRumpterfrabble wrote:
2 years ago
Can confirm, Harmonic Prodigy is fantastic. Played a game where I had Prodigy and Lightning Greaves in play by turn 3 then dropped Ghired, Conclave Exile turn 4 and attacked with him and 4 rhinos. I'm really liking where Prodigy sits on the curve, far more so than Doubling Season.
That's a good call. If including him, I'd like to look at other relevant Shamans and Wizards that could be included as fat.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

I haven't had much luck with getting the guys together for cardboard - it seems that there's always someone missing online, and the one time I herded the cats together one remembered he had an impending DnD session 20 minutes later. As such, I got a solitary Harmonic Prodigy game in, and it went about as well as I expected it to. The Prodigy curved out early along with Anointed Procession, so once Ghired landed and swung immediately I severely gunked up the board. The turn afterwards I dropped in Beastmaster Ascension and blasted down the two biggest threats out of nowhere. This brings me back to my lack of appreciation of the Rhino plan - I feel more fulfilled if I get to copy some beef rather than just set up a wall of Rhino.

While waiting for the stars to align for further games, I ran the list by my main playtest friend and we talked weak spots.
  • Helm of the Host - This is still essentially waiting for another reasonable copier to get printed. While not quite as clunky as Bramble Sovereign, it does take two turns to do what should take one. The card does come with some silliness potential though, the Ghired barrage is something I find amusing, and the insane mana cost is not that bad if drawn early and sequenced on four mana.
  • Subjugator Angel - It's conditional with regards to when it works. There already needs to be enough board for the tapdown to lead to a hefty attack, and drawing it doesn't usually spark joy.
  • Doubling Season - Token doubling is potent, but five mana makes this curve worse than the other options.
  • Greater Good - An interesting one brought up by the friend. Apparently I pretty much never use it. I think this is more of a me thing than a sensible cut, and I should probably chew through Rhinos more aggressively to dig for stuff.
  • Attack triggers - When writing up the primer, I stressed how attack triggers are undesirable in beef due to when Ghired triggers. Nowadays, 3/5 of the beef is attack trigger based, and of those only Boomgoat does anything meaningful on its own. This is not an easy one to resolve, as there's not exactly a lot of good attack-trigger-free stuff waiting on the sidelines, but it does mean that Thunderfoot Baloth might get to live in the list longer than one would expect. The problem is further exacerbated by a number of the copiers only coming online in the attack step too. It also kind of ties into my nitpicking at Prodigy.
Given the identified concerns, anyone got any recommendations for stuff to try out? The closest I've got to a consideration is Terror of the Peaks, but the card continues becoming inexplicably more money. Maybe it'll get cheaper post rotation? Is it a thing in standard?

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

yeti1069

I find more games than I'd like just end up leaning on the rhino plan--either I don't get a fatty to copy, or I don't get a copier (or one or the other gets disrupted). The games where I do get to copy fatties are the most fun, but they aren't the majority.

Then, one of the issues I have had with the deck is that it's so all-in on being the aggressor, that it often rallies the table to come after me. Even if the deck is more aggressive than any other one deck (not necessarily always true, either), getting aggro from 3 players can be hard to weather. Life gain has been very useful. I like Angelic Skirmisher for that.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Yeah, you've hit on the main issues the deck faces in practice. Personally, I find the whole balancing aggression thing to be quite fun - it's quite skill intensive to figure out who to pressure and for how much so that I either avoid or survive crackback. If opting to work in some lifegain, I'd probably go for True Conviction first. Everything hits twice as hard, is suddenly a formidable defensive presence if left back, and gains life in the process. The third issue I run into is that my foes tend to have big enough creatures to make swinging into them uncomfortable. Good luck trying to get the ball rolling when everyone's rocking 6/6s and up.

I was able to get the gang together for an extra session of Harmonic Prodigy data, and it keeps doing the thing - comes out early and helps with the Rhinos. Game one, I was able to haste up Ghired for a nice hefty presence and set up a sneaky play where I rode into Brudiclad for 12, only to surprise Chord in Quartzwood Crasher after blocks. My triumphant scheming, which may have involved a Flamerush Rider waiting in hand, got snuffed out abruptly as Brudiclad converted his wall of junk to many 20+ power tramplers and the game ended. The next hand was even nicer - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight came out turn five, and there was also haste, and people lost a lot of life. However, a Phytohydra got quite big in the process, and once it got back to its owner's turn some other creature got lured and I was looking at a lethal swinger. Or so the guy thought - I pointed out the Gisela, to what he scrounged up an Utter End. This ended up initiating a game-ending cascade - guy number two ripped Jarad out of his bin and attempted to wipe out what little health my aggression left the rest of the table with, to what Breya sacced some junk off for life, survived, and offed him on the crackback. Rustiness played a nontrivial role in how all this went down, but it was quite fun.

I ultimately think the Prodigy is just too good not to run. Yeah, it doesn't do much to help with the copied beef plan, especially now with the awkward attack trigger density, but the amount of work it puts in for a two-drop is absolutely crazy. Now that I formally listed out the deck's weak points again, I'm considering potential includes to try out. Might be worth actually seeing how True Conviction does in practice? Maybe give Toski a try, as he could curve in pre-Ghired and draw some cards? Maybe even more haste given its crazy recent showings - Rhythm of the Wild would not be completely dead if other haste got drawn? Heck if I know.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

yeti1069

I think I added Toski to my list already...I know I put him in somewhere, and this is the only green deck I have that cares that much about combat. It's a solid card. A little disappointing that it's legendary, though.

yeti1069

Oh, yup, added Toski and he did WORK. So did Blade of Selves, Cavalier of Dawn, Rionya, Fire Dancer, and Thunderfoot Baloth.

Had one turn where I cast a removal spell in main phase 1, Rionya copied Cavalier twice, then I got another copy from Ghired, to blow up 3 problem permanents. Next go round, I played a Blade of Selves on the Thunderfoot, copied with Rionya, swung, and copied with Ghired, giving my whole team +10/+10 and trample.

Toski helped keep my grip full even with only 1 or 2 bodies getting through for damage.

Initially, I'd had a fairly slow start, and was getting a little scared once the Brudiclad player made 13 2/1 tokens, but when they didn't swing, I figured I'd send rhinos their way to chip away at the army, which was good, because it later turned into 10/10 eldrazi, but was already whittled down to SIX, which wasn't so bad. They kept them back out of fear of crack back, but I think I would have swung all in at me. I was at 31, and had 4 blockers (Rionya, a rhino, Cavalier, and Thunderfoot), which would have forced me to lose at least 3 of my 4 creatures (putting me at 1 life, and with another player going before my turn), or block them all and lose most of my dangerous boardstate. Crack back happened anyway, backed by bother Avacyn and Reconnaissance.

SaintRumpterfrabble

Post by SaintRumpterfrabble » 2 years ago

I don't have Toski, Bearer of Secrets in my list but I do have him in my Gallia of the Endless Dance phoenix deck (inspired from Dirk's list: viewtopic.php?t=23889) and he's the second card I tutor for, right after Ohran Frostfang; given that and these last few comments, I think I'll try him out here.

Rumpy, any reason you don't have Dryad Arbor in your list?

Honestly, one of the reasons I like this deck so much is that it often loses games in my meta. If it can't race under the dragon deck, the rhinos get overwhelmed from above. If it can't race over the top of the Edgar Markov 's swarms, they eventually are pumped too much for the rhinos to handle. I tend to be the most competitive player and my losing helps my group stay interested in playing. I enjoy copying the awesome targets and like that the floor for the deck is dropping Ghired, Conclave Exile and doing rhino things. Tl;dr: this deck fills a very good place in my meta.

Terror of the Peaks interests me. I'll try that as well.

yeti1069

The couple times I've gotten Terror of the Peaks it's done a lot of work.

When playing the deck, in addition to half the time just not getting the parts to copy the fatties, I feel like a lot of the time I have too much fat and not enough ways to utilize it. The ramp in the deck is incremental, and as Rumpy noted early on somewhere, the deck tends to top out around 8-10 mana. In the games, such as the last one, where I got up to 15 mana for the winning turn, the deck feels like it runs a little more smoothly, but I still had 4 fatties in hand that I couldn't use (or had to chose from amongst). Finding ways to cheat on casting costs might help with consistency, but also may contribute to the "wrong half" syndrome the deck is dealing with currently. Part of me wants to say that more tutors are the way to go (including to artifacts or enchantments), but tutoring tends to favor decks that are either looking to develop more slowly, or drop game-winning haymakers, I think. This deck doesn't feel like it has turns to take off for set-up...and then the pieces are all 4-6 mana, generally, meaning tutoring isn't likely to get you to your gameplan quickly.

I like the deck a lot, but it definitely feels like it's not quite locked in.

Elincia

Post by Elincia » 2 years ago

yeti1069 wrote:
2 years ago
The couple times I've gotten Terror of the Peaks it's done a lot of work.

When playing the deck, in addition to half the time just not getting the parts to copy the fatties, I feel like a lot of the time I have too much fat and not enough ways to utilize it. The ramp in the deck is incremental, and as Rumpy noted early on somewhere, the deck tends to top out around 8-10 mana. In the games, such as the last one, where I got up to 15 mana for the winning turn, the deck feels like it runs a little more smoothly, but I still had 4 fatties in hand that I couldn't use (or had to chose from amongst). Finding ways to cheat on casting costs might help with consistency, but also may contribute to the "wrong half" syndrome the deck is dealing with currently. Part of me wants to say that more tutors are the way to go (including to artifacts or enchantments), but tutoring tends to favor decks that are either looking to develop more slowly, or drop game-winning haymakers, I think. This deck doesn't feel like it has turns to take off for set-up...and then the pieces are all 4-6 mana, generally, meaning tutoring isn't likely to get you to your gameplan quickly.

I like the deck a lot, but it definitely feels like it's not quite locked in.
I 100% agree with that, that's why I dropped the "copying fatties" plan entirely. Of course I like making two or three copies of big dumb creatures, but this strategy entails the same problem as equipment decks: you're too often stuck with either the fatty or the copying spell in hand, without the other piece. It means you have to mulligan aggressively, but Ghired wants a full hand of 7 cards to ramp and set up correctly, because you tend to run out of gas quickly. Either that or you have to run a lot of card draw in the early turns to find your pieces. Thing is, except for Esper Sentinel and Harmonize , the most efficient card draw spells in naya depend on you having a pretty solid board state and usually require to take a full turn to cast them after you played Ghired (Rishkar's Expertise, Life's Legacy, Return of the Wildspeaker...). But you're an aggro deck, so this becomes a tempo issue. You HAVE to be faster than the mid-range and control decks, otherwise like people said here, they will see the threat and deal with it (believe me they do).

So i dumped everything that didn't support the rhino plan and tried to make this strategy as resilient as possible. This frees up a lot of spell slots. The deck usually curves out at 6-7 mana, when you want to kill at least one player, and the other two on the next turn. The all star cards are Savage Beating and Akroma's Will, two incredible finishers that often times killed the whole table in one turn. Instant speed finishers are so efficient in Ghired because people will usually accept to take 10 or 14 damage when they're still setting up because they want to keep their utility creatures. That's when you surprise them. Akroma's will is splendid, because once you cast it, you never have to worry about your life total ever again. AND it gives you vigilance to avoid the crackback. AND it can also protect your board. Fantastic card all around. I also added a flicker/blink package to abuse Ghired ETB and also save him from targeted removal (or abuse Dockside Extortionist, Springbloom Druid and Wood Elves, or even sometimes removing a big blocker with Galepowder Mage or Otherworldly Journey).

I also like Starnheim Unleashed a lot. Either you have a better target than rhinos for Ghired's trigger, or if your rhino game plan gets destroyed and the game drags on, you can dump 10+ mana in this bad boy and finish your opponents (who are probably at a low life total by then) with a bunch of hasty 4/4 fliers (it becomes disgusting with a token doubler). And Terror of the Peaks is of course fantastic. Either you deal 4 or 8 damage a turn to any target, or it eats a removal and your Ghired dodges a bullet, letting you keep your rhino engine.

At 5 mana, I think Doubling Season is a bit too costly and paints a big target on your head because of its reputation as a game ender. And I sometimes think the least setup is the best setup with Ghired. If your opponents see you setting up for a big turn, they absolutely will destroy your Parallel Lives and your haste enabler before you can even cast your commander. I think ramping into a Ghired turn 3 or 4 and then next turn casting an efficient finisher out of nowhere like Triumph of the Hordes, Fiery Emancipation or a Moraug, Fury of Akoum with a fetchland to take out the control/removal heavy deck is a valid strategy.

A thing to consider: sometimes it's ok to let your Ghired die on the hill by making him attack even though you know he will die by double blocking. One more 4/4 trample can be the setup you need on your next turn to take out someone who's about to win or make your life miserable. You can always Hellkite Courser it back to the battlefield (and blink it so you keep it at end of turn!!) or ramp back into it, even though that's not ideal. But hey, you're in green, you should be the one with the most resources.

Here's my list if you want to take a look. I'm considering adding the Sword of Feast and Famine / Aggravated Assault combo, but I fear that by themselves the cards will be underwhelming, even though I like the fact that SFF helps me cast my protection spells.
Last edited by Elincia 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

yeti1069

I've certainly considered making the rhino game plan the focus of the deck, but I really do like the copying fatties stuff, and the rhino plan can get a little repetitive (although, with 13 or so commander decks, it's not a big deal).

I don't own a Doubling Season, but even if I did, I don't think I'd put it in here. I'd really want it somewhere that both halves of its effects were being utilized. Most of the time, I drop Parallel Lives/Anointed Procession the turn after playing Ghired, unless there simply isn't anything to play the turn before.

Aggravated Assault is likely worth running with your game plan anyway. Spend 5 to get another combat is solid even without other shenanigans. Also, I'd consider running something like Nature's Will instead of the SoFF--my experience with the sword has been someone either removes the sword or the attacker in the combat step to avoid the trigger quite often. Nature's Will is a little harder to remove (less enchantment removal than artifact), and it triggers for ANY of your creatures dealing combat damage, making it much harder to stop. It has the added advantage of tapping down your opponents' lands, so if you had an extra combat effect, you could swing in first, tap down the lands, untap yours, then take your extra combat with less fear of interaction.

Elincia

That's actually a really great idea, thanks for the tip ! I do think it will stay longer on the battlefield, and it's perfect at 4 mana. I can even attack with my utility creatures once I drop it if Ghired isn't out yet without having to pay the equip cost, so that's perfect.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Good thing I gestated on my reply a bit - was going to come back with an entry level observation about how the easiest way to lock the deck in is to go deep on Rhinos, to what we get a new poster with a solid Rhino-centric list illustrating the point. Perfect!

I haven't really encountered the "too much beef" issue, as I run comparatively little of it. I can lean on tutors to go find a piece, and encountering multiples is not great if you intend to make a single copy target go as far as you can. If following this route, then tailoring the setup has a number of knobs to twiddle. Aside from proportions, the main one is how dead are you okay with un-copied beef being. I aim for maximum impact once copied, and under that assumption I'm pretty sure my beef choice is about as good as it gets. My recent musings pertain to whether it would be preferable for overall game enjoyment to reposition the dial with more focus on an incomplete setup, but so far not that many viable alternative beef candidates have shown up.

The Rhino list is an interesting take, pursuing some extra directions that make sense given the angle of approach. It's interesting to see your proportions for things like haste and protection/juke spells. Akroma's Will is a card that I've had in the back of my mind for a while, as it's a very flexible and interesting spell, but at the same time trying to use it for its protective purposes for 4 mana is a big ask. Hunter's Insight is a cool idea, pointing this at an unblocked Rhino yields better returns than a Harmonize, I'll need to think about it. There are some cards I feel shouldn't be in the list (Hellkite Courser is the most glaring example), but as I'm unfamiliar with the deck in practice I may be talking nonsense. One thing I'm dead sure should be in the list though is Ohran Frostfang. Deathtouch + trample = nobody's going to waste resources blocking the Rhinos, and you draw many fistfuls of cards in the process. I'm also surprised by the lack of Beastmaster Ascension, is it because it takes a while to rev up sometimes?

As for Dryad Arbor, I just dislike putting my mana in creatures if I can help it. If you like it, no reason to not run it :P
SaintRumpterfrabble wrote:
2 years ago
Honestly, one of the reasons I like this deck so much is that it often loses games in my meta. If it can't race under the dragon deck, the rhinos get overwhelmed from above. If it can't race over the top of the Edgar Markov 's swarms, they eventually are pumped too much for the rhinos to handle. I tend to be the most competitive player and my losing helps my group stay interested in playing. I enjoy copying the awesome targets and like that the floor for the deck is dropping Ghired, Conclave Exile and doing rhino things. Tl;dr: this deck fills a very good place in my meta.
Also this is a perfect summary of Ghired life, and an eerily accurate representation of my group dynamic. I spend more time geeking out about the innards of my established decks than the rest of my group put together, which is its own form of curse. Think we're all a collection of people like that on these forums - it takes a nontrivial amount of enfranchisement to go online to talk about cardboard. I've since built multiple even weaker decks, so Ghired is now in the middle of the power bracket, and those potato decks are quite fun too :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Elincia

Thanks for your kind words ! To adress your remarks : Akroma's Will is almost always a finisher, but it's nice that you can use it as a protection spell once in a while. The Courser is surprisingly good to cheat your commander once it's too costly to recast. It actually acts as a finisher if you have a little bit of setup. And like I said, the ability to flicker Ghired so it doesn't go back to the command zone at EoT is extremely powerful. It's a good rebuilding strategy after a wrath. When you had basically nothing, now you got 16 power on board. I originally switched Ohran Frostfang for Toski because of it's 4cmc point, but I might include it again, I do like drawing cards. Beastmaster is a no go for me, either because it's too slow, or it makes me archenemy on the spot and I don't have a sufficient amount of protection and interaction to 3v1. The next includes should be Delina and Teleportation Circle. They feel so good at 4cmc.

PS : sorry about the cards not being in brackets, I'm on mobile.

yeti1069

I'm torn about Delina. On the one hand, she can be explosive (on Arena at least I've lost a few games to opponents who rolled well 4 or 5 times in a row on one attack), while on the other the tokens she produces come with the "exile at end of combat" text so populate doesn't keep them around. Still solid, and copying Ghired will make rhinos that do stick around.

Elincia

Yeah I like her for copying Ghired and setting up a solid enough boardstate that I can maybe use on the next turn to kill my opponents. It's better than Esika's Chariot I believe because of how explosive it can be.

yeti1069

What do you think about swapping Eternal Witness for Timeless Witness? It costs one more, and the Eternalize cost isn't cheap, but if we do Eternalize it, that's a token that can be copied for repeated graveyard recursion value.

Elincia

yeti1069 wrote:
2 years ago
What do you think about swapping Eternal Witness for Timeless Witness? It costs one more, and the Eternalize cost isn't cheap, but if we do Eternalize it, that's a token that can be copied for repeated graveyard recursion value.
I think Eternal Witness is already a bit expensive for a Regrowth effect, so I think i'll skip on Timeless.

yeti1069

Got another win with Hate Mirage (and some setup) tonight.

I had Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession in play.
Targeted one opponent's Gray Merchant of Asphodel and the other's Avenger of Zendikar. That drained everyone else for 32, gained me 96 life, and made 35 0/1 plant tokens that I dropped a land into to make 1/2s. Gary killed all but one player, and then I swung with 4 5/5s and 4 2/4s to finish off the last player.

Everything else I'd had got blown up. Ghired cost 9.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”