August 2020 MCC — Judge Signup

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 3 years ago

Another month, another MCC, If you've judged before here or on MTGSalvation just post that you're interested. If you've never judged before, it's easy - there's a rubric ready for you to follow.
MCC Rubric
Show
Hide
Design
(X/3) Appeal:
Do the different player psychographics (Timmy/Johnny/Spike) have a use for the card?
(X/3) Elegance:
Is the card easily understandable at a glance? Do all the flavor and mechanics combined as a whole make sense?

Development
(X/3) Viability:
How well does the card fit into the color wheel? Does it break or bend the rules of the game? Is it the appropriate rarity?
(X/3) Balance:
Does the card have a power level appropriate for contemporary constructed/limited environments without breaking them? Does it play well in casual and multiplayer formats? Does it create or fit into a deck/archetype? Does it create an oppressive environment?

Creativity
(X/3) Uniqueness:
Has a card like this ever been printed before? Does it use new mechanics, ideas, or design space? Does it combine old ideas in a new way? Overall, does it feel "fresh"?
(X/3) Flavor:
Does the name seem realistic for a card? Does the flavor text sound professional? Do all the flavor elements synch together to please Vorthos players?

Polish
(X/3) Quality:
Points deducted for incorrect spelling, grammar, and templating.
(X/2) *Main Challenge:
Was the main challenge satisfied? Was it approached in a unique or interesting way? Does the card fit the intent of the challenge?
(X/2) Subchallenges:
One point awarded per satisfied subchallenge condition.

Total: /25
*An entry with 0 points here is subject to disqualification.
If you've never judged before, please take a few moments to review the card below using the Rubric (sans challenges) and post your scoring. Also, feel free to review the Nexus MCC Guidelines and FAQ here.

Diamond Shard
Artifact (U)
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this only to cast noncraeture spells.
"I see my dreams in it. And my nightmares."
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

Taking @Ryder up on his suggestion, I'm down to judge this month!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

I'm in.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 3 years ago

Huh. Can't ever recall a time where there were more Judges than Players for Round 1 more than 24 hours after the threads were posted.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”