New Challenge Every Day - July 30th: New verb for creatures

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
New verb for creatures (keyword actions like attack, block, explore, fight, or assemble)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
dyd 56 (+4)
void_nothing 51 (+3)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 45
netn10 44 (+1)
JovialJovian 36
folding_music 27
Subject16 23
BeneTleilax 21 (+2)
BaconCatBug 11
MonoRedMage 6
.::Note of the Day::.

I restated the challenge a little bit to be absolutely clear.

EDIT: By the way, tonight's edition of New Challenge Every Day will be marked August 1st so that the "current" day can be the same as for the DCC. I know this seems pretty minor but I just want to warn everyone in advance.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
A card with XX in its mana cost
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Pain Eruption xxr
Enchantment
Spend only colorless, black and/or red mana to cast this spell.
Pain Eruption enters the battlefield with X blaze counters on it.
If a source would deal damage to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls, it deals X times that damage to that player or permanent instead, where X is the number of blaze counters on Pain Eruption.

IIW: puns
BaconCatBug wrote:
3 years ago
Chalice of Protection XXWG
Artifact Enchantment
Chalice of Protection enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it.
If a non-creature source would deal an amount of damage equal to the number of charge counters on Chalice of Protection, prevent that damage.

Votes:
dyd
BeneTleilax

IIW: Sunburst from Fifth Dawn
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, dyd

Conjured Module XX
Artifact Creature - Construct (Rare)
Trample
Conjured Module enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
4: Move all +1/+1 counters from target creature you control named Hangarback Walker or a creature named Walking Ballista, then double the number of +1/+1 counters on Conjured Module.
0/0

IIW: New Ravnica Mechanic
BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
dVotes: void_nothing, dyd

Siege Hydra XXG
Creature-Hydra R
Trample
Siege Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters.
Other creatures you control get +1/+1 for each counter on Siege Hydra.
0/0

iiw: Dredge
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, BeneTleilax

Word of Towazu XXUUU
Sorcery - Arcane (M)
Choose target nonlegendary creature an opponent controls. Draw X cards, then you gain control of that creature if its power is less than the number of cards in your hand.
Only a mind of iron can fathom the Unspeakable One without going mad, and only one of diamond can shut out the temptation of its knowledge.

IIW: Nonblue Fish or Sharks
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: BeneTleilax, BaconCatBug

Warden of All Groves 3g
Creature - Treefolk Druid
When Warden of the Grove enters the battlefield, it preserves (Exile the top card of your library. If this creature would leave the battlefield, you may instead exile and put that card into your hand.)
Each creature you control that's preserving has all the mana abilities of the cards it's preserving and has "t: Add c or one mana of any color of the cards this creature is preserving."
2/6

IIW: a card for maths nerds

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, BaneTleilax

Sacrificial Pact B
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a creature kills itself, its controller draws two cards.

IIW: Gold Vehicle

BaconCatBug
Pronoun: xe /xim

Post by BaconCatBug » 3 years ago

Votes: Dyd, netn10

Tundra Elemental 3SW
Creature - Snow Elemental (Uncommon)
SS: Freeze target tapped creature. (That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.)
1SW: Prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to Tundra Elemental this turn.
4/3

IIW: Lands that don't tap for mana

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, BeneTleilax

Aid of the Phalanx 1U
Instant (U)
Target creature integrates toughness with another target creature's toughness until end of turn. (Each simultaneously gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is the other's toughness.)
Amphin shields are teardrop-shaped for a reason.

IIW: New kinds or qualities of mana, like S
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”