[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

Based on my rough estimate of our timeline when it comes to reaching out to WotC for a spoiler, we very well could have been added st the last minute. Or equally likely we could be given last day because we are a new group to be given a preview card and this is a trial run.

No matter what, I'm happy we got one and excited to show it off. And if any of you are on Twitter and see the tweet pass through your timeline, please give it a retweet for added visibility. I don't know what analytics WotC uses, but if they gauge reach as a determination for future spoilers it may help us in the future.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I get the feeling no one clicked the link I put for North Dakota...

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
I get the feeling no one clicked the link I put for North Dakota...
North Dakota's just a myth like the The Bahama Quadrangle'
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
Wizards just released the preview list. MTGNexus is last, which I guess makes us the North Dakota of preview sites. :party:

"North Dakota: Ranked as the best Dakota for the past 130 years by North Dakota Today!"
Let me guess, you're the 99 year old member of the club?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Legend wrote:
3 years ago
Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
Wizards just released the preview list. MTGNexus is last, which I guess makes us the North Dakota of preview sites. :party:

"North Dakota: Ranked as the best Dakota for the past 130 years by North Dakota Today!"
Let me guess, you're the 99 year old member of the club?
Hey, hey, hey. I'm only 98 and a 1/2.

Young whipersnapers these days, I tell you. No respect. Back in my days I was the bee's knees. My mom was a flapper, so you better believe I knew how to cut a rug. I tripped the light fantastic like no one else. By golly all the girls swarmed me whenever I went to the dance hall. And I never went to a see a movie alone. Now let me tell you something about movies. They were way better back then. A dime could get you a double feature. And it was only a nickle for popcorn. Not like nowadays were you can't even get into a theater.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Well our preview is bumped to tomorrow, so stay tuned! The article goes live at 10am Eastern.

Hermes_

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago
Well our preview is bumped to tomorrow, so stay tuned! The article goes live at 10am Eastern.
Did your munchkin finally untap Amber Prison ?

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 3 years ago

RKF doing art for a Toxic Deluge reprint makes me feel like a kid again.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Lol I was expecting Ancient Stirrings to be banned.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago

Lol I was expecting Ancient Stirrings to be banned.
Oh man that would have been great.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

The article even made it to the sidebar of WotC's Article page, so hey, Nexus has hit the big time.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

It's a pretty big thing for us, even if it doesn't seem like much. We're super proud of how far we've come. :)

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

I just wish that other parts of the sally community had come here. I feel like there is no cube community.
I check Sally sometimes and now they have these video ads playing. Really annoying.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 3 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
3 years ago
I just wish that other parts of the sally community had come here. I feel like there is no cube community.
I check Sally sometimes and now they have these video ads playing. Really annoying.
If you encounter any problematic ads on Sally, please let me know (along with as much info as you can give). I can still forward them for review with the devs.

I believe videos are allowed - but only silent or "sound on click" ones, and they shouldn't be obscuring or interfering with any content. Anything in doubt though, and we can still check.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

So I'm working on a winner-take-all turn-based strategy RPG set in the Highlander universe that I'm going to run via Discord. Still a bit of rules development to do but expecting to kick off the week of 8/31 approximately. You can find some of the details below, and you can PM me if you would like an invite.
Overview
Show
Hide
I've been working on a fairly simple partially simulated (e.g. I'll use dice secretly behind the scenes) Highlander strategy roleplay game.

The premise is simple: You're an immortal, called to battle other immortals for the Prize by the mysterious force of the Gathering. In the end there can be only one!

Once a week you submit your moves (in a private Discord room) and your posture toward other immortals you cross paths with, and if you lose your head you're out. Defeat another immortal and you gain power. The winner is the last one standing.

You'll have an array of things you can do - using your resources to find other immortals, converse with immortals you have met and exchange intelligence, attempt to manipulate people into battle at a disadvantage, appeal to honor to influence immortals to battle, avoid a duel with your wits or resources, or even cheat.

As in the canon, you can't fight on holy ground and there are consequences to cheating and ganging up on people, but it's better than losing your head.

I'll probably cast a pretty wide net and try to get 16-32 people for the first game.

Your time commitment is to respond to other people as you like (your character can just not answer the phone, ofc) and submit one set of moves per week.

Q&A so far
* Your age will be random, backstory is your own to write. Some characters will be naturally more powerful than others but the scale will not be huge - Methos-aged guy won't be twice as powerful as a Duncan aged immortal.
* Modern day with all the political realities of the day which can be woven into things. Internet, cell phones, RFID trackers, etc. Awesome narratives will receive modest advantages.
* Setting is Worldwide. There will be a list of metropolitan areas you can travel to. Traveling is a major part of your sequence of activities - you'll lose resources if you're away from home for too long, people will be disadvantaged fighting on your home ground, but people knowing where your base is is a risk as well.
* TV show and first movie is my intention for canon since those are easily accessible and fairly consistent, although I have codified a few things that are hinted at in other implementations of as an RPG:
I should have the rules posted sometime in the next couple weeks.

Hermes_

Found the following shirts on my pintrest feed
Attachments
74d18983f3fc0af261eb30b1ec28d4b4.jpg
2dbdb5262838895743a380406dcb8ea2.jpg
0dbc54f2c3cceab71c992fbd8eaa2e71.jpg

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
3 years ago
You're telling me. Im trying but My cube is Peasant which doesnt provide much discussion but I try.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Hermes_

I'm watching B:TAS and i'm on the episode Joker's Favor and well:

Joker: We can't have people cursing at each other on the freeway! It's simply not polite!

Hermes_

Hermes_

so, i responded to a twitter thread about the RL asking who would have the money for a lawsuit and the guy responded someone with deep pockets and i came back with "so someone who doesn't really need the RL"

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
I saw that and the first thing that popped into my mind was "well, so much for the resale value of that house."

=======================================

On another note, I've been pretty bad about talking about our stream here on site and continuing to promote it. But Thursday we played a game with Kya Vess and Jim from The Spike Feeders, and it was.... chaotic. Which I guess is to be expected since all four of us were playing versions of chaos. You should check out the game if you have a chance:

Hermes_

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago

On another note, I've been pretty bad about talking about our stream here on site and continuing to promote it. But Thursday we played a game with Kya Vess and Jim from The Spike Feeders, and it was.... chaotic. Which I guess is to be expected since all four of us were playing versions of chaos. You should check out the game if you have a chance:
I saw your tweets about the game and was glad i wasn't playing lol

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 3 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
I saw your tweets about the game and was glad i wasn't playing lol
I made noises when the second Timesifter hit the field and my wife, from the other room, asked me if I was okay. :laugh:
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Hermes_