[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a list of every commander sorted by EDHrec popularity? Their top list only does the first twenty or whatever, and sorting by edhrec popularity on scryfall only does "as card" instead of "as commander".
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

MTGNexus has been given a preview card for Jumpstart! Obviously I can't give any details just yet, but I'll be previewing it on 7/30. Stay tuned!
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago
MTGNexus has been given a preview card for Jumpstart! Obviously I can't give any details just yet, but I'll be previewing it on 7/30. Stay tuned!
That's great to hear. It's great to see that Nexus is being "officially" recognized like that. But um... isn't Jumpstart fully previewed?

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago
Double Masters?

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Oh yes, Double Masters. My bad.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

All we had to do is bury Sally to get spoilers. They really really hated sally for what we did in the past on spoilers :hmm:
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
All we had to do is bury Sally to get spoilers. They really really hated sally for what we did in the past on spoilers :hmm:
What happened with spoilers on sally?
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cryogen
GΘΔ†

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
Towards the end WotC was putting the past behind them.
toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
What happened with spoilers on sally?
The abridged version is that years ago Sally was one of THE places to go for fresh leaks, and one of the users (or perhaps mod?) actually got leaks from internal sources and leaked them - the Time Spiral timeshifted sheet was one I can recall. And the staff and owner of Sally basically told WotC where they could stick it and protected the individual.

So yeah, WotC HATED MTGSalvation for years and even after total staff turnover and having an entirely different site philosophy and bending over backwards farther than we probably should have, we never atoned for our sins. That said, the changes we made did not go unnoticed and bringing that philosophy to Nexus went a long way.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Wizards just released the preview list. MTGNexus is last, which I guess makes us the North Dakota of preview sites. :party:

"North Dakota: Ranked as the best Dakota for the past 130 years by North Dakota Today!"

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Obviously they saved the best for last.

pokken

I imagine you guys don't know that I wrote a book - it's not the best book in the world, but I think it evokes pretty well what I'm like as a game master and it's certainly at least readable. I'm doing another freebie of it on Amazon at the moment to see if I can drum up some interest before I release my next book in the fall (though not in the same series). New one's quite a bit more polished I think multiple heavy edits and a professional friend who did one round.

Is it cool to post a link here? I'd rather not start a deluge of that in here of course. If you want to read it I put a post in self-promotion that's easy enough to find.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
I imagine you guys don't know that I wrote a book - it's not the best book in the world, but I think it evokes pretty well what I'm like as a game master and it's certainly at least readable. I'm doing another freebie of it on Amazon at the moment to see if I can drum up some interest before I release my next book in the fall (though not in the same series). New one's quite a bit more polished I think multiple heavy edits and a professional friend who did one round.

Is it cool to post a link here? I'd rather not start a deluge of that in here of course. If you want to read it I put a post in self-promotion that's easy enough to find.
Please do post a link!

pokken

cryogen wrote:
3 years ago
Please do post a link!
Link (I don't think the forum likes Amazon links, but hey):

Here's a reddit link while that's not workin:

Thanks Cryo :)

It's nearing a decade old and has some rough edges for being my first book and written in under a month, but I'm pretty proud of a lot of aspects. Happy to hear anything anyone has to say even (especially?) if you hated it. I'm halfway through my third book and second one is still in the editing process; I read a lot of indie fiction so my gut feeling is that there's at least some potential there, but you never know until more folks read things.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

The artwork on the tron lands is cool,along with Karn's art.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 3 years ago

Yeah ^

I'm diggin' some of the reprints, especially being able to get some of them in foil now. Or just being to get a copy from lowered reprint prices, hopefully. Cautiously optimistic/realistic for 2XM.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 3 years ago

I'm pretty hyped to get a new border foil Godo, that's for sure. Now I just need them to reprint Titania.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 3 years ago

Lifeless wrote:
3 years ago
Now I just need them to reprint Titania.
Saaaaaame. I wanna have a special version of her and not just a plain deck copy.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Yeah it's a real shame that she's only had one printing and no foil, new border, etc. I really hope she gets some love eventually.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 3 years ago

Lifeless wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah it's a real shame that she's only had one printing and no foil, new border, etc. I really hope she gets some love eventually.
I agree with this entirely... oh wait, you're not talking about Zedruu. I agree with this anyway. I just want foil Zedruu.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Same! My Buff Zedruu needs some legend crown to assert she is the the Buff Goat Queen
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

Does anyone have any Arena codes from M21's prerelease? It just released for Mac and I'm trying to spend as little money as possible.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
Does anyone have any Arena codes from M21's prerelease? It just released for Mac and I'm trying to spend as little money as possible.
While not M21 prerelease codes, you can get a ton of free packs and stuff with general codes everyone can use:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/ma ... and-styles

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Oh hey a blue Braids reprint with the new border. I'll have to scoop one of those up in foil for sure.

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 3 years ago

Anyone who's interested, the MtG comic con panel starts in 20 minutes and is online (like all of the comic con programming this year). Looks like the focus is MaRo talking new Zendikar.

edit:
Summary
Show
Hide
Typing this all up real time, so I may miss some stuff or edit more in. He's going through pretty quick and I don't really want to rewatch. There are no mechanics or cards being revealed.
  • Return to "adventure world" Zendikar. No eldrazi but we'll see the ramifications of them having been there
  • Lands matter
  • Full art lands
  • Cycle of 6 (?) dual lands
  • One returning theme with a Zendikar twist
  • Two mechanics that have previously been used in Zendikar sets
  • Three planeswalkers, all of whom have had at least three cards. No new walkers
  • Several returning legendary creatures, at least one of which gets an added color
  • Lots of new art shown. Mostly looked very Zendikar
  • New booster type, the set booster. Does not replace any existing product. Aimed at people who open boosters just to open them, rather than for limited use. 12 cards with 2 non-MtG cards. Breakdown is 1 art card (5% signed), 1 land card (default is basic, 15% foil), 6 connected commons/uncommons (guaranteed 1 UC, all C could be UC), 1 "head turner" (looks different from regular card, always C/UC. Showcase or something equivalent), 2 wild card rarity (can be any rarity), 1 rare/mythic, 1 foil (any rarity), 1 token/ad (25% card off of 300 card list from MtG past as previously printed with planeswalker symbol in lower left corner, similar to mystery booster. Showed Muscle Sliver, Cloudgoat Ranger, and Pact of Negation as examples). For same monetary cost as draft boosters, you get the same amount of R/M, i.e. price point is going to be higher because there's more opportunities for R/M.
It's a very MaRo discussion. Lots of open ended stuff and few hard details, so plenty to speculate on.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
Wizards just released the preview list. MTGNexus is last, which I guess makes us the North Dakota of preview sites. :party:

"North Dakota: Ranked as the best Dakota for the past 130 years by North Dakota Today!"
Last time I looked at a map though, North Dakota was still a state. Last time I looked at population and demographic data at the department of statistics for US Department O' Justice, North Dakota had more people than Wyoming. Additionally, the last time I checked, North Dakota leads the nation in the production of dry, edible beans.

So it counts. We count. #1 in metaphorical internet legumes, baby.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”