Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

CCL May Finals/Round 5

"Universal Cooperation"

Akroan Phalanx, taken from Art of MtG, by Steve Prescott and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Colors Month here in the CCL! The five colors, their corresponding mana, and the mechanical color pie are the very foundation of Magic. This month we'll see how the colors themselves can matter mechanically.

Challenge
Design five cards: one monocolored card of each color, each of which has at least one mana symbol of a different color in its rules text.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:
@Phyrexian Editor
@Ink-Treader
Your submissions are tentatively due Thursday, June 4th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (May 1st–7th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (May 8th–14th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due May 17th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (May 19th–22nd)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due May 24th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (May 25th–28th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due May 30th)
  • Final (June, winner determined by public poll)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Bump to check in with the finalists.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 3 years ago

Cavalry Call 4WW
Sorcery {U} [Selesnya watermark]
Choose one —
  • Create 4 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
  • Put two +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.
Ennoble 7GG (You may cast this spell for its Ennoble cost. If you do, choose both.)
The horn calls to any Selesnyan ledevs and dire wolf mounts in the area—or, at very special moments, both at once.

Treebound Arc-Scimitar 3G
Artifact - Equipment {U}
When Treebound Arc-Scimitar enters the battlefield, create a green 1/3 Elemental creature token, then attach this to it.
Equipped creature gets +3/+1.
Equip 1R
A bolt of lightning, driven deep into a body of oak.

Puny Aspirant 1R
Creature - Goblin Soldier {U}
Whenever Puny Aspirant attacks, you may have it fight target creature you don't control.
Outlast 1W (1W, t: Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. Outlast only as a sorcery.)
A typical Abzan warrior? No. But after stowing away in the convoy, he had just two choices left: burn out young or toughen up.
2/1

Secret-Monger 3UU
Creature - Human Rogue {U} [Dimir watermark]
Whenever Secret-Monger deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
3BB: Put two -1/-1 counters on each creature. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
"Note: The miasma grenades are supposed to be a last resort. They tend to... draw attention."
3/3

Call from the Necropolis 5B
Sorcery {U}
Return target creature card in a graveyard to the battlefield under its owner's control. It's a white and black zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
Overload 5WW (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)
The Mortalitasi raise the bodies of Nevarra's dead to honor who they were in life. But over the centuries, the latent power in the Necropolis has grown beyond all living knowledge.

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 years ago

Seeker of the Humble 1WW
Creature - Human Scout (R)
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play creatures with converted mana cost 2 or less from the top of your library.
1G, T: If the top card of your library is a land or a creature, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put that card on the bottom of your library.
2/2

Bloodbear Elite 2G
Creature - Warrior (U)
Trample
Whenever Bloodbear Elite deals combat damage to a player, if it's green, that player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.
Legacy R (R, Exile this card from your graveyard: Target creature you control gains this creature's abilities and types.)
The ferocity of the ancient Bloodbear tribe has inspired many warriors, but few appreciate the reasons for their fight.
3/2

Eerie Wake BBB
Sorcery (R)
Kicker - Exile three creature cards from your graveyard.
Until end of turn, you may cast creature spells from player's graveyards if you pay an additional 3 life.
If Eerie Wake was kicked, add WUBRG. Spend this mana only to cast creature spells from graveyards.

Divining Fire 2RR
Enchantment (U)
When Divining Fire enters the battlefield, it deals 3 damage to any target.
The first time a noncreature source you control deals damage to a player each turn, scry 2, then you may pay U. If you do, draw a card.

Lambent Wave 2UU
Sorcery (R)
Return each creature to its owner's hand. If WW was spent to cast this spell, your opponent's can't cast creature spells until your next turn.
The victims resisted their would-be rescuers, content to drift away among the water's beautiful lights.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Are we able to vote?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Are we able to vote?
When the final poll goes up later tonight it will be stickied.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Thank you. Can I discuss them in the Ccl discussion thread? These are awesome designs but I don't want to influence others. It's a tough competition so it pretty much comes down to me having to nitpick one over the other.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you. Can I discuss them in the Ccl discussion thread? These are awesome designs but I don't want to influence others. It's a tough competition so it pretty much comes down to me having to nitpick one over the other.
You're certainly allowed - actually encouraged - to comment on the finalists' designs. Please do it in the poll thread itself though - that's why the thread is left open.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”