Pronoun: he / him

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Airi wrote:
3 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago
WOW. And also, y tho?
To shoot the protesters.
Oh I mean it was kind of a rhetorical question, although that answer is probably accurate, and also pretty awful. It's a shame this cause got subverted by people looking for an excuse for violence.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

SocorroTortoise wrote:
3 years ago
Fully support the cause and San Diego's protests have been largely peaceful, though I believe there was a state of emergency called over the weekend to allow rural areas to set a curfew. I still appreciate being a ways out of downtown right now.
Same for Baltimore protests. Governor Hogan and Mayor Young have been doing a good job at ensuring the protests remain mostly peaceful. That said, I'm glad I am out of the Guard and no longer work downtown.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

In less depressing news. I got together with some friends online and played some games of commander. It was refreshing to get to play again. I am still not really a fan of the online clients but utilizing discord to chat as we played was a lot better experience than I have had previously playing against unknown individuals.

My previous experience with online commander was a big lack of the social element. Having discord with some friends really made it a LOT better.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Speaking of....

If y'all dont pay attention to the articles or stuff outside just the forum, we have a new tool: a web based life counter app. You can use it on a phone or tablet for single screen view for those of you who are old enough to remember what it was like to play Magic with other people in person, and it also has a network based mode so when you play through webcam everyone can share a tracker. It's what I've been using for our weekly stream and it's a LOT cooler than ones that only track the life total.

Anyway, Feyd posted an article about it on the front page so take a peek if you use life apps or are interested.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

I have never used a digital life tracker. It seems a bit odd given how many life tracking apps there are out there to put in the effort to make another. I don't use them though so I don't know if there was some niche or somehow better version that Feyd could make though.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
It seems a bit odd given how many life tracking apps there are out there
Apps that coordinate life/poison/experience/etc with multiple players that are remote from each other?
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

lyonhaert wrote:
3 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
Apps that coordinate life/poison/experience/etc with multiple players that are remote from each other?
No clue, I have never used one lol. Does Feyd's do that?

lyonhaert

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
3 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
No clue, I have never used one lol. Does Feyd's do that?
It does. There's one-screen tracking (and a number of quick setups for it) that is local, but also Network Game Rooms that allow remote players to see the same info (life, commander casts/tax, poison, energy, experience, and commander damage) synced up. Also has a separate view for compact displays of each player meant for display/window capture when streaming the game.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

I suppose that makes sense for webcam magic. So far I have only resorted to the questionable legality non affiliated applications which have that built in.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
I suppose that makes sense for webcam magic. So far I have only resorted to the questionable legality non affiliated applications which have that built in.
Well this one is completely legal!

Segrus

Post by Segrus » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
In less depressing news. I got together with some friends online and played some games of commander. It was refreshing to get to play again. I am still not really a fan of the online clients but utilizing discord to chat as we played was a lot better experience than I have had previously playing against unknown individuals.

My previous experience with online commander was a big lack of the social element. Having discord with some friends really made it a LOT better.
I've been getting in a couple games a week on Sundays through discord/spelltable. All of them are old Commander forum dwellers, so there's a lot of built-up familiarty even if I haven't met most of them in real life. Which has made getting into games with them really nice. Getting an invite to the discord and people being open to trying out remote gaming was honestly a life saver for me.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

I only wish my phone didn't die so quickly, as I haven't been able to get my hands on an actual webcam

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

I've been using untap, as per usual. It's mixed in results, but better than nothing. I've had a couple good games and been able to get some testing done, which is fine by me.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I was luckily able to find a webcam (got them in the morning was randomly there to pick up an adapter), so I am excited to try and play a game or two over webcam. Need to scratch my Etali, Primal Storm itch.

Segrus

Post by Segrus » 3 years ago

Airi wrote:
3 years ago
I only wish my phone didn't die so quickly, as I haven't been able to get my hands on an actual webcam
I have a USB adapter thing for my phone, so I plug it into my computer and let it charge while being used as a webcam. It doesn't completely stop the battery drain. Definitely curbs it a lot though.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 3 years ago

I still use my wireless charger, since I'm not sure where my USB C cable is for my phone. Only issue is that wireless charge won't work if the phone gets too hot, and as we get into summer, that might start to be an issue. Turning off the phone screen during using it as a webcam helps save the battery a lot, but not all phones can do that - many will disable the camera if you lock the screen. Most webcam apps mitigate this by leaving the screen on, but turning it down to 1% to save power - but try to see if you can turn yours off (if it isn't already), @Segrus, if so, that will cut down on power usage a lot.

lyonhaert

If the app on the phone can relay video over USB instead of Wifi (if it's using Wifi currently), that could also mitigate some batter drain.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 3 years ago

Airi wrote:
3 years ago
I had luck with eBay. They're still marked up, I assume because everyone on there selling them are the people who bought out retail, but it's like 20% markups instead of 100-200% markups. That was at least the case a couple weeks ago.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I don't know about the everyone else here, but I just need a light, easy going discussion right now. Not that webcams and cameras, are heavy... But... So since I just got a new work computer and updated my desktop wallpaper, I thought it might be fun to share desktop wallpapers.
Work Desktop
Show
Hide
I originally made this for my Frog Lizard tokens using and recoloring random sprites. I really liked it, especially since the Vaporeons look like cute Frog Lizards. Adapted the dimensions so it could be used as a background.
Home Desktop
Show
Hide
I have been rewatching Voltron again with my sister, so I photoshopped up a wallpaper with one of my favorite characters of all time, Pidge. And I couldn't pass up having her have long hair.
Home Lock Screen
Show
Hide
I just found this online and instantly knew it was the perfect lock screen wallpaper.
Sister's Desktop
Show
Hide
My sister really likes the space caterpillars (or Mustache Aliens as she calls them) from Voltron so I found the pattern, the circle and the artwork online and photoshopped it all together for her.
Old Laptop
Show
Hide
This one is what I used on my old laptop for the ten years I had it. The painting is actually from an artwork contest from MTGS where the challenge was to create a piece based on another user. I for the life of me can't remember the user who painted it, but I know they painted Carrion Pigeon. I really loved the piece so I found some generic fractal pattern to frame it.
Phone Background
Show
Hide
This last one is the background on my phone. I drew and colored the Leafeon, giving him an autumn coloration. The background is some pattern I found through image searches that I thought looked good with my picture.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 3 years ago

I still make all my computer backgrounds the same thing:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Black thatch.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

My current desktop and laptop background is the art from Spike, Tournament Grinder
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 3 years ago

I might try to find the energy to edit in some of the actual pics I'm talking about.

Currently, my phone background + lock screen is a cool shot of a misty mountain valley.

My desktop backgrounds are pulled from a folder of like 40 or 50+ video game wallpapers. There's Elder Scrolls flags of the different provinces, Bloodborne runes and a few locations, fanart, Dragon Age characters, and a little bit of Dark Souls. I have it so they change every hour or so.

tstorm: that pattern makes my eyes go all wonky. Aagh. :P
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 3 years ago

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
3 years ago
tstorm: that pattern makes my eyes go all wonky. Aagh. :P
You dont like Windows 95 aesthetic?
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

Guardman wrote:
3 years ago
I don't know about the everyone else here, but I just need a light, easy going discussion right now.
I thought it might be fun to share desktop wallpapers.
Yes, please.
I keep it simple and sleek. All my devices use versions of this gorgeous shot.
To be fair though, i only see the wallpaper of my computers when i boot them up, anyhow.
Laptop
Show
Hide
Phone
Show
Hide

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

I'm thinking of doing HAL from 2001 for my phone's background lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "