Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Song titles as cards

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 67 (+4)
dyd 61 (+4)
Subject16 55 (+0)
netn10 53 (+4)
void_nothing 50 (+1)
kwanyeegor-ii 48 (+2)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 44 (+1)
Mimicvat 33
folding_music 14 (+4)
Phyrexian Editor 10
wizyard 10
FoilSquared 9
haywire 6
Pygyzy 6 (+0)
tempoEDH 5
chochky 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
If you can't, you lose the game
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: folding_music, JovialJovian

Everlasting Melee ubrg
Enchantment
Nontoken creatures you control have riot and undying.
At the beginning of your end step, exile two cards from your graveyard and proliferate. If you can't, you lose the game.
Life and death are hungry masters.

IIW: multiplayer named mechanics (new or existing, e.g. council's dilemma, assist, parley, dethrone, monarch, goad, myriad, ...)
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, JovialJovian

Voracious Spellfeeder UR
Creature - Weird (Mythic)
At the beginning of your upkeep, cast an instant from your hand with conveterd mana cost 2 or less. If you do, put two +1/+1 counters on Voracious Spellfeeder. If you can't, you lose the game
2/2

IIW: New Boros mechanic
folding_music wrote:
3 years ago
votes: dyd, void_nothing

Ravenous Flock
Tribal Enchantment - Sheep (R)
Cumulative upkeep - , Create a white and green 1/1 Sheep creature token.
Spend only mana produced by basic lands to pay this card's upkeep costs.
If you cannot pay this card's upkeep costs, you lose the game.
When the downpour comes and there's no grass to bar the flood, you might find yourself wishing you'd kept a few less grazers.

IIW: flowers and/or pollinators
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd; kwanyeegor-ii (seriously, I wish I could upvote many more; great entries)

Lich's Hunger
Sorcery (R)
Destroy target creature. You draw a number of cards equal to its power and you gain life equal to its toughness. Exile that creature card from a graveyard. If you can't, you lose the game.
"While lich might grow in power from murder, to survive they must consume the victim's soul. Many martyrs with their spirit warded have fooled a pretending dark lord. That is why it is important to keep your own martyrs."
—Nevinyrral,
Necromancer's Handbook

IIW: Tim/pinging
Legend wrote:
3 years ago
V: net , jovial

Risky Business
B
World Enchantment
Other effects that indicate or imply "you" gain, "If you can't, you lose the game." ("You" applies to the controller of the effect as it resolves. For example, "you gain 1 life" indicates "you" and "destroy target creature" implies "you".)

IIW: B Hexproof
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Vote: Folding_music, Lorn Asbord Aschutta
Hm: netn10 That's one beautiful black Tooth and Nail. These are all great but I had to choose between you and folding_music. Abusable mana ramp vs tooth and nail is a hard call but the combo potential is what won it for him. A grixis vamp is an automatic lock for me

Final Double Jeopardy R
Instant (R)
The next time an opponent would win the game this turn, instead they don't. Your life total becomes 1 and you phase out.
At the beginning of your next turns end step, pay X plus one life, where X is equal to your life total. If you can't, you phase out of the game. (You lose the game.)
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
netn10, folding_music

Tevesh Szat 4BBB
Legendary Planeswalker - Szat
You may spend black mana as though it were mana of any type.
+2: Up to one target creature's controller discards a card at random. That creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the discarded card's converted mana cost.
-3: Search target player's library for a card and exile it face down, then that player shuffles. You may look at and play that card as long as you control a Szat planeswalker.
-6: Each opponent gets an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a nontoken permanent. If you can't, you lose the game."

IIW: minor video game characters
Subject16 wrote:
3 years ago
netn10, dyd

Seismic End 2RRR
Enchantment (Mythic)
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, Seismic End deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
2RR, Sacrifice a land: Seismic End deals damage equal to the number of land cards in your graveyard to target creature or planeswalker.
At the beginning of each upkeep, sacrifice a land. If you can't, you lose the game.

IIW: Unconventional reanimator
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
dyd jovialjovial

Tomb of the Vengeful 7
Artifact (Rare)
When Tomb of the Vengeful enters the battlefield, target opponent gains control of it
Cumulative upkeep 1
Whenever a creature you control dies, pay Tomb of the Vengeful's cumulative upkeep cost. (1 for each age counter.) If you can't, you lose the game.
When Tomb of the Vengeful leaves the battlefield, you lose the game.

iiw Rauck-Chauv
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: folding_music, netn10

Garna's Death March 2BBR
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When Garna's Death March enters the battlefield, discard two cards. Draw a card for each card discarded in this way.
Creatures you control get +1/+0 and attack each turn if able.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, return target creature card with converted mana cost less than that creature's power from your graveyard to the battlefield. If you can't, you lose the game.

IIW: Strange mana shenanigans
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

I forgot to put an IIW for the last one. I don't expect to win
but if by a miracle let's do unexpected friendships

Tomorrow Too Late u
Instant (R)
End the turn. Skip your next turn.
"To find you, is to lose you."

Vote: Legend, Jovialjovian
IIW: Animals in the city
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing; dyd

Eleanor Rigby
Legendary Creature - Human Citizen (R)
Eleanor Rigby has +1/+1 as long as you control no other creature.
When Eleanor Rigby dies, exile target creature. If you control Cleric, exile all cretures instead.
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from?"
0/0

IIW: Artifact interaction in black

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

O Superman 1uu
Enchantment (M)
Creatures you control are Shapeshifters in addition to their other types.
Fateful hour - As long as you have five or less life, creatures you control gain ": Untap this creature" and ": This creature gains flying until end of turn" and ": This creature gains shroud until end of tun" and ": This creature gets +1/-1 or -1/+1 until end of turn."

IIW: artists, artwork and/or critics

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, Legend

Welcome to the Mechine 5UU
Sorcery (Mythic)
Mutate all artifacts you control onto target creature you control.
"Elesh Norn says we all part of a greater mechine. I take this approach more literally."
- Gin-Gitaxus

IIW: Interesting Orzhov

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

void_nothing, JovialJovian

Careless Whispers 1BR
Sorcery (C)
Draw three cards, then discard a card at random. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
"There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find"
—Whamjam George

IIW: Horse Tribal
Last edited by Subject16 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 3 years ago

dyd, void_nothing

The World Revolving 3RRR
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a chaos counter on target permanent they control, then they gain control of each permanent with a chaos counter on it.
A permanent can't have more than one chaos counter on it at a time.
All around the game of life we laugh and play and revel / Just don't fall off the carousel or else you'll meet the devil / All the gathered sin begat / The father to the child / What a mess we're in / But now the joker's running wild!

IIW: Reach matters
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, Subject16

Skyfall 2ww
Sorcery
Each player gains 1 life for each creature with flying they control.
Destroy all creatures.

IIW: mutate

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

Folding_music, void_nothing

I Am The Walrus 3GU
Snow World Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 blue Walrus snow creature token with snow landhome.
Each spell you cast costs an additional "Tap an untapped Walrus you control" to cast.
As long as you control a Walrus, you can't lose the game and spells you control can't be countered.

IIW: Carnival food

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, Legend

Ramble On 2G
Sorcery (U)
Until end of turn, target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, untap up to that many target creatures and/or lands."
"We will all one day be filled with wanderlust, so why delay your journey? Now's the time - the time is now." - Gallia

IIW: Specialized Zombies
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”