Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Spirit and Arcane

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 53 (+1)
Subject16 49 (+2)
dyd 46 (+1)
void_nothing 38 (+4)
kwanyeegor-ii 33 (+4)
netn10 31 (+1)
Mimicvat 29 (+1)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 26 (+4)
Phyrexian Editor 10
wizyard 10
FoilSquared 9
haywire 6
tempoEDH 5
chochky 2
Pygyzy 0 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Spellshapers
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Gonna use a loose interpretation of spellshaper.

Shaping Spell 3
Artifact (R)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may discard a creature card. When you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Vote— lorn asbord ashutta, kwanyeegor-ii
IIW: Magic characters if they were DC characters
Mimicvat wrote:
3 years ago
Bah was meant to edit mine a little, but mtgNexus was playing up. I don't expect it to win because those are some of the best entries I've seen, but if it somehow does just roll with the urban fantasy/horror thing Pygyzy put up as that sounds like an interesting take on magic cards.

Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, void nothing

Voidburst Channeller UC
Creature - Eldrazi Spellshaper (U)
Devoid
At the end of each phase, ~ deals damage to you equal to the amount of mana in your mana pool.

UC, T, Discard a card: Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next main phase, add an amount of C equal to that spell's converted mana cost. Use this mana only for colorless spells or abilities of colorless permanents.
1/1

IIW: Wild variations on Wild Ricochet
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Subject16, Mimicvat

Clay Shaper 3
Creature - Golem Artificer (Rare)
1, T, Discard a card: Target creature becomes your choice of a 3/3 artifact creature, a 2/2 artifact creature with flying, or a 1/6 Wall artifact creature with defender in addition to its other types.
2/2

IIW: Twist on Charms
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, JovialJovian

Weaver of Mirrors 1wu
Creature - Kithkin Spellshaper
Protection from converted mana cost 3 or greater.
2(W/U)(W/U), T, Discard a card: Choose target nonlegendary creature. Each creature other than the chosen creature becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn.
"Have we met before?"
1/3

IIW: mess with phases / steps
Subject16 wrote:
3 years ago
kwanyeegor-ii, void_nothing

Reckless Exhumer 2BB
Creature — Zombie Spellshaper (Rare)
1B, Discard a card: Return the top creature card of your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Shallow graves make for easy recruits.
2/2

IIW: Multicolor Goblins
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing; dyd
Honourable Mention
Show
Hide
Pygyzy - I am confident, that substracting infinity - or adding negative infinity - from infinity results still in infinity. There is this "infinite guests and hotel rooms" example of how it works. So your creature is infinite/infinite after the first spell exiled with make-believe counter.
Savant of Will
Creature - Human Spellshaper (R)
, discard a card: Exile Savant of Will and lose 1 life unless you pay , then counter target spell.
1/1

IIW: Specters or Archons
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Mimicvat I'll make a few and they won't be silver-bordered. It's one of my favorite genres. I think it has a lot of untapped potential and would be distinct enough from Innistrad. Also you could get away with making "superheroes". I'm thinking like Detective Noir vibe with a character that's some sorta Sherlock/Batman type.
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
Lord Asbord Schutta, Subject16

Orms-by-Gore 4BB
Legendary Creature - Cyclops Spellshaper
4B, T, Discard a card: Create a 3/6 black Eye creature token named "Evil Eye of Orms-by-Gore" with "Non-Eye creatures you control can't attack." and "This creature can't be blocked except by Walls."
Long jealous of the two-eyed, Orms-by-Gore at long last made himself another eye."
5/6

IIW: Weather
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
lorn asbord schutta void_nothing

Efreetpact Sorcerer BB
Creature--Human Spellshaper (Rare)
1BB, T, Discard a card: Create a 3/3 black Efreet creature token named Junún Efreet with flying and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Junún Efreet unless you pay BB."
2/2

iiw holes in time and space
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, kwanyeegor-ii

Deepwood Wrecker 2G
Creature - Dryad Spellshaper (R)
2G, T, Discard a card: Destroy target permanent. Its controller creates a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
"The civilized Mercadians conceal worse of a beast within than any of the wild peoples they hate."
2/2

IIW: Two or more non-evergreen keywords on one card
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, kwanyeegor-ii

Scroll of Fathers 3
Artifact (Rare)
Whenever you cast an arcane spell, you may pay 3. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another nontoken Spirit enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 3. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that permanent.

IIW: Shard/Wedge new mechanic

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

Lord Asbord Schutta, netn10

Domyo, Veil Watcher 1GWUR
Legendary Creature — Spirit (Mythic)
Play with your hand revealed.
Each Instant and sorcery spell in your hand has splice onto Arcane.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets Domyo, Veil Watcher, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
4/4

IIW: Guildmages/Battlemages

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Visiting Souls 2w
Instant — Arcane
Create two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
Splice onto instant or sorcery 4b
"So that's what Tamiyo was talking about." — Liliana Vess

IIW: death note

Mimicvat

Post by Mimicvat » 3 years ago

Vote: Jovialjovian, dyd

Gokkan Apprentice
Creature - Shaman (U)
Mountainwalk
Whenever you Splice onto Arcane, you may put a ki counter on ~. At the beginning of each end step, if ~ has two or more ki counters on it, you may flip it.
2/1

[FLIP]

The Wanderer of Gokkan Pass
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Flying
Whenever you cast an arcane spell, you may reveal any number of cards with Splice onto Arcane from your hand. If you do, Splice those cards onto the arcane spell.
4/1

IIW: Flip cards from other planes
Attempted to scale this one for modern, hence the low cost and 2 powered 1-drop with upside floor for the card.
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Budoka Gardens
Legendary Land — Forest (R)
Dharma (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, you may exile a card from your hand face down.)
Whenever you remove a ki counter from another permanent you control, add a ki counter to Budoka Garden.
G, T: You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost, if it's a Spirit or Arcane spell with converted mana cost less than the number of ki counters on Budoka Gardens. Return Budoka Gardens to its owner's hand.

Vote: Mimicvat, netn10
IIW: The Dark Tower

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10; void_nothing

Akuto, Wisdom Unleashed
Legendary Creature - Spirit (R)
Flying
Whenever another Spirit enters the battlefield, reveal any number of Arcane cards from your hand. For each of those cards, if it has a splice onto, you may pay its splice cost. If you do, cast a copy of that card.
1/3

IIW: Vanishing

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

Lord Asbord Schutta, dyd

Ruined Plans 2UU
Instant - Arcane
Counter target spell.
Splice onto Arcane UU

IIW: Minor video game characters

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

netn10 dyd

Battling Jushi U
Creature--Human Wizard (Uncommon)
Flying
Whenever you cast a Spirit spell, Battling Jushi gets +0/+1 until end of turn
Whenever you cast an Arcane spell, Battling Jushi gets +1/+0 until end of turn
1/1

iiw big angels
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Yamajin Shouter 2R
Creature - Spirit (R)
First strike
Each spell you control can't be countered as long as it has one or more cards spliced onto it.
3/2

IIW: Time manipulation outside of blue
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”