Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Spellshapers

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 52 (+6)
Subject16 47 (+2)
dyd 45 (+1)
void_nothing 34 (+1)
netn10 30 (+1)
kwanyeegor-ii 29 (+0)
Mimicvat 28 (+6) (+1)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 22 (+1)
Phyrexian Editor 10
wizyard 10
FoilSquared 9
haywire 6
tempoEDH 5
chochky 2
Pygyzy 0 (+0)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Putting counters on spells on stack
Mimicvat wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Jovialjovian, void_nothing

I forgot an IIW, so will make that "Spellshapers" for that entry and this one.

Bloodline Haemophage BR
Creature - Vampire Shaman (R)
Flash
1, Sacrifice a Creature: You may move any counters from the sacrificed creature onto any spell you control on the stack. Scry 1.
2/1
The greatest vampires live forever in the blood of their sires

IIW: Spellshapers
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Mimicvat, JovialJovian

Mindstorm gur
Sorcery
This spell can't be countered.
Whenever you cast or copy another spell while ~ is on the stack, put a storm counter on ~.
Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of storm counters on ~. You may reveal up to one card of each type from among them. Put those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. (If a card has multiple types, choose one as you reveal it.)

IIW: assonance of creature types (e.g. Lizard Wizard)
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Mimicvat

Magnifier of Spellcraft 4
Artifact (Mythic)
2, Tap an untapped Wizard you control: Choose a counter type from the following list and put it on target permanent or spell:
* "I deal 2 more damage"
* "I have deathtouch and lifelink"
* "I have indestructible and I can't be countered"

IIW: Mythic Colored Vehicle
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian; Mimicvat

Reaping Animus
Sorcery (M)
Whenever nontoken creature dies while Reaping Animus is on stack, put a charge counter on Reaping Animus.
Return X target creature cards from any graveyard onto the battlefield under your control, where X is the number of charge counters on Reaping Animus.
The malevolent force swept through land, stealing breath from the living. And then, it was gone - only the ancients summoned from their graves reminded of its passage.

IIW: Spirit and arcane
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
dyd, Subject16

Frozen Moment 1UU
Snow Enchantment
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a Stasis counter on target spell.
Spells with Stasis counters on them cannot resolve. (They remain on the stack, but are ignored.)
(2/U)(2/U): Move a Stasis counter from target spell onto another target spell. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: Lightning Bolts
Subject16 wrote:
3 years ago
Mimicvat, JovialJovian

Celestial Overture 2W
Sorcery (Rare)
Encore 2 (When you cast Chorus of Winds, tap any number of untapped creatures you control. Put a verse counter on this spell for every two creatures tapped this way.)
Exile target creature. Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying for each verse counter on Celestial Overture.
The greatest symphonies are heard beyond the veil of death.

IIW: Music/Bards
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
mimicvat netn10

Absolute Massacre B
Instant (Rare)
Whenever a creature is dealt damage while this spell is on the stack, destroy that creature and put a skull counter on Absolute Massacre.
Each player loses 2 life for each skull counter on Absolute Massacre.

iiw innovative planeswalkers
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Subject16

Cosmographic Crescendo 3RG
Enchantment (M)
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a growth counter on each spell you control. (Including that spell.)
If a spell you control would be countered while it has four or more growth counters on it, remove four growth counters from that spell instead.
Whenever a spell you control resolves, add X R and create an X/X green Elemental creature token, where X is the number of growth counters on that spell.
Freedom and purpose can reverse entropy: this is the natural disorder of things.

IIW: Populate
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
void_nothing oh sorry, mimicvat then

Abstract Construct 6
Artifact Creature - Imaginary Buddy
This creature gets plus infinity plus two power and minus infinity toughness for the first make-believe counter on a card in exile, and +2/+2 for each make-believe counter after the first.
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell with a number or number word in it's text, put a make-believe counter on that spell and exile it. These counters remain between zone changes. If there's another card with a make-believe counter on it in exile, it's owner plays that spell, and adds X to all number or number words in it's text, where X is equal to the number of make-believe counters on that spell. Move all make-believe counters on that spell to another card in exile with a make-believe counter.
negative infinity-1/infinity+1

Vote: Mimicvat, Lorn Asbord Ashutta
IIW: Urban Fantasy/Horror
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Gonna use a loose interpretation of spellshaper.

Shaping Spell 3
Artifact (R)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may discard a creature card. When you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Vote— lorn asbord ashutta, kwanyeegor-ii
IIW: Magic characters if they were DC characters

Mimicvat

Post by Mimicvat » 3 years ago

Bah was meant to edit mine a little, but mtgNexus was playing up. I don't expect it to win because those are some of the best entries I've seen, but if it somehow does just roll with the urban fantasy/horror thing Pygyzy put up as that sounds like an interesting take on magic cards.

Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, void nothing

Voidburst Channeller UC
Creature - Eldrazi Spellshaper (U)
Devoid
At the end of each phase, ~ deals damage to you equal to the amount of mana in your mana pool.

UC, T, Discard a card: Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next main phase, add an amount of C equal to that spell's converted mana cost. Use this mana only for colorless spells or abilities of colorless permanents.
1/1

IIW: Wild variations on Wild Ricochet
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: Subject16, Mimicvat

Clay Shaper 3
Creature - Golem Artificer (Rare)
1, T, Discard a card: Target creature becomes your choice of a 3/3 artifact creature, a 2/2 artifact creature with flying, or a 1/6 Wall artifact creature with defender in addition to its other types.
2/2

IIW: Twist on Charms

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, JovialJovian

Weaver of Mirrors 1wu
Creature - Kithkin Spellshaper
Protection from converted mana cost 3 or greater.
2(W/U)(W/U), T, Discard a card: Choose target nonlegendary creature. Each creature other than the chosen creature becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn.
"Have we met before?"
1/3

IIW: mess with phases / steps

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

kwanyeegor-ii, void_nothing

Reckless Exhumer 2BB
Creature — Zombie Spellshaper (Rare)
1B, Discard a card: Return the top creature card of your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Shallow graves make for easy recruits.
2/2

IIW: Multicolor Goblins

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing; dyd
Honourable Mention
Show
Hide
Pygyzy - I am confident, that substracting infinity - or adding negative infinity - from infinity results still in infinity. There is this "infinite guests and hotel rooms" example of how it works. So your creature is infinite/infinite after the first spell exiled with make-believe counter.
Savant of Will
Creature - Human Spellshaper (R)
, discard a card: Exile Savant of Will and lose 1 life unless you pay , then counter target spell.
1/1

IIW: Specters or Archons

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

@Mimicvat I'll make a few and they won't be silver-bordered. It's one of my favorite genres. I think it has a lot of untapped potential and would be distinct enough from Innistrad. Also you could get away with making "superheroes". I'm thinking like Detective Noir vibe with a character that's some sorta Sherlock/Batman type.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

Lord Asbord Schutta, Subject16

Orms-by-Gore 4BB
Legendary Creature - Cyclops Spellshaper
4B, T, Discard a card: Create a 3/6 black Eye creature token named "Evil Eye of Orms-by-Gore" with "Non-Eye creatures you control can't attack." and "This creature can't be blocked except by Walls."
Long jealous of the two-eyed, Orms-by-Gore at long last made himself another eye."
5/6

IIW: Weather

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

lorn asbord schutta void_nothing

Efreetpact Sorcerer BB
Creature--Human Spellshaper (Rare)
1BB, T, Discard a card: Create a 3/3 black Efreet creature token named Junún Efreet with flying and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Junún Efreet unless you pay BB."
2/2

iiw holes in time and space
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, kwanyeegor-ii

Deepwood Wrecker 2G
Creature - Dryad Spellshaper (R)
2G, T, Discard a card: Destroy target permanent. Its controller creates a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
"The civilized Mercadians conceal worse of a beast within than any of the wild peoples they hate."
2/2

IIW: Two or more non-evergreen keywords on one card
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”