Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-02 >

Reassembly Hulk {6}
Artifact Creature – Golem (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, if it was cast, return a card named Phyrexian Hulk from your graveyard to the battlefield.
The soldiers of the Pharen Gate mounted a defense that barely managed to take down the Phyrexian vanguard. They were not prepared for the second wave.

5/4
I really love this card. It's perfect as is at common. I'd want to make it a little stronger but it'd have to be uncommon.

Reassembly Hulk {6}
Artifact Creature – Assembly-Worker (C)
When ~ enters the battlefield, if it was cast, you may return a card named Phyrexian Hulk from your graveyard to the battlefield. If you don't, you may search your library for any number of cards named Phyrexian Hulk, and put them into your graveyard. Shuffle your library.
The soldiers of the Pharen Gate mounted a defense that barely managed to take down the Phyrexian vanguard. They were not prepared for the second wave.

5/4

SecretInfiltrator

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Yeah, I had several neat ideas that would put it at uncommon, but I wanted to create something where I could imagine putting both Reassembling Hulk and Phyrexian Hulk at common so the effect actually has an increased chance of showing up.

Card of the Day 2020-05-03 >

Divine Allegiance {1}{W}
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a Human spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each Angel you control.
Whenever you cast an Angel spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each Human you control.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-04 >

Plot Device {4}
Artifact (R)
Sorcerous — {4}, {T}: Set a scheme in motion. If you can't, draw a card. (Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, I had several neat ideas that would put it at uncommon, but I wanted to create something where I could imagine putting both Reassembling Hulk and Phyrexian Hulk at common so the effect actually has an increased chance of showing up.
Ah I see, figured it was common for a reason.
Card of the Day 2020-05-03 >

Divine Allegiance {1}{W}
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a Human spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each Angel you control.
Whenever you cast an Angel spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each Human you control.
Love it but I always like to add something flashy to straightforward cards like this, something like:
"Angels you control have soulbond with Humans and Humans you control have soulbond with Angels.
Soulbonded Angels and Humans you control get +2/+2."
It makes it less elegant, it's just when I see cards like these that link two creature types in some way, I like it when those abilities work together in more than just one way. Gives it more depth of play IMO.

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-04 >

Plot Device {4}
Artifact (R)
Sorcerous — {4}, {T}: Set a scheme in motion. If you can't, draw a card. (Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
Perfect. I wish I had this card when I used to play Archenemy Planechase Brawl: Gatewatch vs Nicol Bolas. Had 6 Brawl decks, using the planeswalker as a commander (Gatewatch 5, Bolas) and a house rule that 5 v 1 I could set 2 schemes a turn. Talk about crazy. Speaking of, why not:

Plot Device {4}
Artifact (R)
Sorcerous — {4}, {T}: Choose a scheme you own from outside the game and set that scheme in motion. You cannot set a scheme in motion with the same name as a scheme you already set in motion this game.(Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)

Now that would be crazy.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-05 >

Trolley Problem {B}{R}
Sorcery (R)
Target nonland permanent's controller sacrifices it unless they sacrifice three other permanents.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

Other than RB not supposed to get targeted enchantment removal that is a wonderful card.

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-05 >

Trolley Problem {B}{R}
Sorcery (R)
Target nonland permanent's controller sacrifices it unless they sacrifice three other permanents.
Love it. Perfect as is and feels very Hellfire of Torment or Choice of Damnations. 2 cards I love. Would love to see something similar like.

Hero's Burden {B}{R}
Sorcery (R)
Target nonland permanent's controller sacrifices it unless they sacrifice three other permanents or lose 10 life.

Very similar but now you also have the option to throw yourself in front of the train.
user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
Other than RB not supposed to get targeted enchantment removal that is a wonderful card.
I wouldn't qualify this as target enchantment removal solely because to me I always judge punisher effects by their worst outcome in which case this will never destroy and enchantment when you need it. You have a valid point though but I feel the bend is worth it.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-06 >

Poisoned Beverage {1}{B}
Instant (C)
Target player loses 3 life. If that player has gained life this turn, they lose an additional 3 life.
Spring water? From what spring?

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-06 >

Poisoned Beverage {1}{B}
Instant (C)
Target player loses 3 life. If that player has gained life this turn, they lose an additional 3 life.
Spring water? From what spring?
Great sideboard card against life gain deck. It's doesn't feel super black tho, feels like a red card if you replace damage with life loss.

Somebody Poisoned the Waterhole {1}{B}
Instant (C)
Target player loses 3 life. If that player has gained life this turn, gain life equal to the life they gained this turn.
There's a snake in my boot.

Now that feels black.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-07 >

Caravan Station
Land – Desert Market (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a currency counter on ~.
{T}: Add {C}.
{T}, Remove a currency counter from ~: Add one mana of a color of your choice.

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-07 >

Caravan Station
Land – Desert Market (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a currency counter on ~.
{T}: Add {C}.
{T}, Remove a currency counter from ~: Add one mana of a color of your choice.
Good card but lands with a bunch of counters building up is annoying to me. IMO. I'd prefer, "... if ~ doesn't have a currency counter on it...".

SecretInfiltrator

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Good card but lands with a bunch of counters building up is annoying to me. IMO. I'd prefer, "... if ~ doesn't have a currency counter on it...".
The counters may be annoying to you, but how annoying is it to always have to sequence your creatures to enter the battlefield after you use this to add mana? I want this to be able to accumulate a second counter so you can use it to fix for both an end-of-turn instant and your first spell of the next turn.

Additionally currency counters used to be something referenced a bit more in "Market tribal", so the hoarding of wealth was worth he effort. Maybe it would work more like energy if I revamped the card.

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-08 >

Chandra & Nissa, Fire & Earth {2}{R}{G}
Legendary Planeswalker – Chandra Nissa (M)
(Chandra may activate once
each turn.)

[+1]: Discard a card. If you do,
draw a card.
[-2]: This deals 2 damage to
any target.

(Nissa may activate once
each turn.)

[+1]: Add {G}{G}. You gain 2 life.
[-2]: Destroy target
enchantment.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-09 >

Duergin, Frozen Sovereign {2}{B}
Legendary Snow Creature – Shade (M)
Flying
{S}: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, create a number of snow 1/1 black Thrull creature tokens equal to ~'s power minus 1. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Gain {1}."
Creatures you control that aren't Shades can't attack.

1/1

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
The counters may be annoying to you, but how annoying is it to always have to sequence your creatures to enter the battlefield after you use this to add mana? I want this to be able to accumulate a second counter so you can use it to fix for both an end-of-turn instant and your first spell of the next turn.

Additionally currency counters used to be something referenced a bit more in "Market tribal", so the hoarding of wealth was worth he effort. Maybe it would work more like energy if I revamped the card.
Ah in that case how about

T, Remove a currency counter: Add a currency counter to target whatever.
Card of the Day 2020-05-08 >

Chandra & Nissa, Fire & Earth {2}{R}{G}
Legendary Planeswalker – Chandra Nissa (M)
(Chandra may activate once
each turn.)

[+1]: Discard a card. If you do,
draw a card.
[-2]: This deals 2 damage to
any target.

(Nissa may activate once
each turn.)

[+1]: Add {G}{G}. You gain 2 life.
[-2]: Destroy target
enchantment.

Would be neat if they had an ultimate that was both.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Card of the Day 2020-05-09 >

Duergin, Frozen Sovereign {2}{B}
Legendary Snow Creature – Shade (M)
Flying
{S}: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, create a number of snow 1/1 black Thrull creature tokens equal to ~'s power minus 1. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Gain {1}."
Creatures you control that aren't Shades can't attack.

1/1
Very interesting card. Has everything I love. Shade, snow, thrulls, hoops and potential for abuse. I would play the hell outta this. I want it to be 2/1 for BB.

SecretInfiltrator

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
If the text box has room for it. Currently I assume I can have either reminder text or a fifth (!) ability and that only if I keep it short and sweet. I opted to go instead with a path of resilience and value. I consider them more in line with the WAR approach that stapled a enchantment-like ability onto a two-ability planeswalker except I stapled a planeswalker onto a planeswalker. : )

That said if I get a consensus that the idea works without reminder text, I'll strongly consider adding a more impressive ultimate.

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-10 >

Calamox {R}{R}{R}
Legendary Creature – Elemental (M)
You can't cast ~ unless an opponent was dealt damage this turn.
Whenever an opponent is dealt damage, put that many +1/+1 counters on ~.
{1}{R}, Remove a counter from a permanent you control: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.

1/1

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
If the text box has room for it. Currently I assume I can have either reminder text or a fifth (!) ability and that only if I keep it short and sweet. I opted to go instead with a path of resilience and value. I consider them more in line with the WAR approach that stapled a enchantment-like ability onto a two-ability planeswalker except I stapled a planeswalker onto a planeswalker. : )

That said if I get a consensus that the idea works without reminder text, I'll strongly consider adding a more impressive ultimate.

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-10 >

Calamox {R}{R}{R}
Legendary Creature – Elemental (M)
You can't cast ~ unless an opponent was dealt damage this turn.
Whenever an opponent is dealt damage, put that many +1/+1 counters on ~.
{1}{R}, Remove a counter from a permanent you control: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.

1/1
Would just Rto activate be too strong?

SecretInfiltrator

Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
Would just Rto activate be too strong?
I suppose, I will test it at that cost as well.

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-11 >

Chill Conduit {1}{B}
Snow Creature – Human Cleric (R)
If you would add mana from a snow source, you lose 1 life and add an additional {B} instead.
The bargain struck with the grey lord is sealed by offering a town member. They return soon after, transformed, overseeing the people's adherence to the agreement.

2/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

I presume the "grey lord" is Duergin himself?

This design is rad but too strong considering you can, e.g., ramp to BBBBBB with Snow-Covered Swamps alone on turn 3.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-11 >

Chill Conduit {1}{B}
Snow Creature – Human Cleric (R)
If you would add mana from a snow source, you lose 1 life and add an additional {B} instead.
The bargain struck with the grey lord is sealed by offering a town member. They return soon after, transformed, overseeing the people's adherence to the agreement.

2/1
Yeah that cards strong but on a 2/1 I'd say you could get away with it. Reminds me a lot of bob but for mana instead of cards. It would enable some vicious plays but I have fond memories of T2 Sire of Insanity.

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
I presume the "grey lord" is Duergin himself?
Indeed. I'm happy this is apparent. : )
This design is rad but too strong considering you can, e.g., ramp to BBBBBB with Snow-Covered Swamps alone on turn 3.
Yeah. The card is fun and not too strong in the deck I put it into, but I can see it being problematic in the correct deck.

For that reason I tried several variants on the ability. But e. g. 2 life loss seems too much already. I might have to bite the bullet on increasing the mana cost.

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-12 >

Decimator Dragon {4}{R}{R}
Creature – Dragon (R)
Flying
Formidable — Whenever ~ attacks, if creatures you control have total power 8 or greater, ~ deals 8 damage to target creature or planeswalker.

4/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-13 >

Forlorn Totem {4}{B}{B}
Snow Creature – Horror (U)
Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
{T}, Exile four cards from your graveyard: Add {B}{B}{B}{B}.

4/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-14 >

Rise in Rage {1}{R}
Sorcery (U)
Creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
Whenever a creature attacks this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
People once settled for peace at any price. The price is no longer borne, and they remember the old songs.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2020-05-15 >

Harbinger Crow {3}{B}
Creature – Bird (C)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
When ~ dies, look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a snow card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

2/2

Pygyzy

Snow bird - Love anything with this type of effect. Wish it was snow but I understand why it's not.

Rise in rage - I need this for my Marchesa deck right now. 2 mana seems a bit low. 3 seems more right to me. Also has red ever gotten a mass +1/+1 pump like this? Seems more white or green. I guess the attack requirement justifies it but it feels like a color bend.

Totem - I want this card. Feels like an artifact. Totem could be a cool creature type.

Dragon - Great as an intro pack rare. Pretty much just super triple strike with condition. Great as is but this is a card you pull an go eh. I have a dragon deck and I probably would cut this.

SecretInfiltrator

These comments are greatly appreciated. Intro pack rare is probably exactly where the Dragon should fall. Though that makes it a poor mirror to the clearly quite powerful Conduit...

---

Card of the Day 2020-05-31 >

War Banner {1}
Artifact – Equipment (C)
Whenever equipped creature attacks, it gets +1/+0 for each attacking creature.
Equip {1} ({1}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”