Constantly getting logged out

WizardMN
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I am not sure if this is a bug or something on my side. I haven't seen anyone else bring it up so I am guessing the latter, but I figured I would check.

Every so often, when I refresh the page I am on, I get logged out. Typically, this is the "Active Topics" page as I want to see what new topics or replies have come up and one thing I look at is the Notifications area to see if any threads I have commented in have new comments.

But, when I get logged out I need to log back in and go back to the Active Topics page since logging in doesn't bring me back to where I was. This happens probably around 3-4 times a day and clicking "Remember Me" doesn't seem to help (not sure if it should; but it doesn't).

Can you help figure out why I get logged out so much?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Are you using a mobile device?
"Remember me" requires a similar IP address to autolog you back in.
I'll double check the settings, ensure its on the more flexible validation, but if your carrier is bad about completely switching IPs, it can be problematic :(
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I've removed ip verification and opened a couple other things.
Let me know if it gives you less problems
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN

Well, I am most often on my desktop (which is where I am now). I do access from my phone occasionally and, interestingly, I never seem to see an issue there. Though, I don't access the site via mobile all that often so it might not be the greatest indicator of things.

I will keep an eye on things and let you know if I see the issue again. Thanks!

WizardMN

It seems this is happening again. It has happened 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours (it was good until then).

Just now, I refreshed the main page I was on and then went to my notifications (I wasn't logged out yet). Then, when I went to the tabs I opened for the two threads I wanted to view, I saw that it brought me to the log in screen. I refreshed the main page again and saw I had been logged out.

Not sure if the opening of the other tabs is part of the issue as I didn't seem to get logged out until opening a new tab.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

That doesn't seem normal.
What browser are you on, and do you have any kind of add-ons that could mess with privacy/cookies/etc.

WizardMN

I am using Chrome and I am not sure what add-ons could be affecting it. This is a list of the ones I have enabled:

App Launcher for Drive
Awesome Reload All Tabs
Cisco Webex Extension
Google Docs Offline
uBlock Origin
YouTube Nonstop

My best guess would the uBlock Origin extension, but I am not sure.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I've upped the session length and opened a couple other things, but I'm starting to think this is something on your side.

It going from "Logged in" to "Logged Out" within seconds of page loads makes it sound like something cleared/hid your cookies, especially with IP validation turned completely off. Try opening a new tab and see if it always happens then? That would definitely indicate some kind of setting/addon.

WizardMN

It is odd that this only happens with this site though. I have been logged into MTGSalvation and the Arena forums (for example) continuously for weeks. I did try opening a new tab and going to another site and that didn't really do anything. I did try closing the main page and browsing back to it on a new tab via Google Search and I was still logged in.

I will try to keep track of anything I might be doing at the time this seems to occur.

WizardMN

I just got logged out again and all I did was refresh the page after being away from my PC for about 3 hours.

I am not sure if it matters, or really what this means but if I look at the cookies displayed for this website I see the attached. This is true whether I am logged in or logged out (I checked it both ways).
Cookies 1.png
Cookies 2.png

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
I just got logged out again and all I did was refresh the page after being away from my PC for about 3 hours.
I just did a hard reset after a few more changes.
Unfortunately this logged everyone out, but hopefully it'll then fix the issue for you and anyone else having the same.

:crossing_fingers:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Unfortunately this logged everyone out
was worried to see my account logged out in the morning. Then felt relieved when saw that. I guess it was a controlled log out.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”