Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Color/land/type/subtype hacking

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Ink-Treader 24 (+1)
RattingRots 22 (+0)
Guardman 21 (+1)
JovialJovian 21 (+4)
folding_music 19 (+5)
netn10 19 (+4)
dyd 16 (+1)
Zemoo 14 (+1)
void_nothing 12 (+1)
haywire 8 (+2)
Henlock 5
wizyard 5
kwanyeegor-ii 4
chochky 2
.::Note of the Day::.

Hacks are slang for "change the text of" effects like Magical Hack.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
punk rock
haywire wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: folding_music, dyd

Rix Maadi Rock
Artifact
Rix Maadi Rock enters the battlefield tapped.
XXBB, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: Each opponent sacrifices X permanents, then loses 3 life for each land sacrificed this way.
4RR, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: It deals 4 damage to each creature, planeswalker and player. Whenever a permanent dealt damage this way would die, exile it instead.
2BBRR, , sacrifice Rix Maadi Rock: Target creature becomes a legendary black and red Demon named Shade of Rakdos with base power and toughness 6/6. It loses all abilities and gains flying, trample, and ", sacrifice another creature: Exile target creature with power X or less. Shade of Rakdos deals X damage to that creature's controller."
"Lord Rakdos, a slight miscalculation in the summoning appears to have trapped you in this, erm, pebble."- Panjandrum, last words

IIW: Splice
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, Ink-Treader

Punk Rock 3
Artifact (Common)
Graft 1
T: Add G or U.
It all started when a Simic mage wandered what if rocks could talk. He never made that mistake again.

IIW: Ravnica version 4.
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10 ("escapes transformed" 👍), Guardman

The Offspring 3rg
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, create a token that's a copy of it, except it has base power and toughness 1/1 and it's a Scion in addition to its other creature types.
Scions you control have haste, vigilance and menace.
4/4

IIW: split card
JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, haywire

Chumbawamba 1RG
Creature - Chumbawamba
When ~ dies or is put into exile from the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep.
When ~ enters the battlefield, you can't draw cards this turn.
T, Sacrifice ~: Add WUB
3/3

IIW: Barnyard denizens
Guardman wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian and folding_music (I laughed way too hard when I read the flavor text and everything clicked. :laugh: )

Green Day 1g
Enchantment - Saga
I - Scry 3.
II - Clash with an opponent. If you win, put a lore counter on Green Day. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of their library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if their card had a higher converted mana cost.)
III - Search your library for a forest and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.

IIW: A creature with both Unearth and Escape.
wizyard wrote:
4 years ago
folding_music, JovialJovian

Stay or Go 1U
Instant (C)
Choose target creature an opponent controls. Clash with that player. If you win or tie, put that creature on top of its owner's library.

iiw: rock, paper, scissors
folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
votes: haywire, netn10

Black Flag 2b
Artifact - Equipment Fortification (R)
Whenever any opponent plays a spell or ability with a single target while Black Flag is attached to a creature, that spell or ability targets equipped creature instead of its original target.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to an opponent, attach Black Flag to target land they control.
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, its controller sacrifices all lands with the same name as that land.
Equip

IIW: bags, backpacks and baskets
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
jovialjovian zemoo

Rock Punk R
Creature--Elemental Rogue (Uncommon)
4{R/G}, Sacrifice Rock Punk: Destroy target artifact.
Persist
Some cinders just inhabited new elements
1/2

iiw what if the aurora happened to a non lorwyn plane
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
folding_music, netn10

Gang of Four 2WB
Enchantment (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 white and black Human Advisor creature tokens.
Whenever four or more creatures you control attack or block, one of those creatures gains deathtouch until end of turn.

IIW: Spell that can't be cast from your hand.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: folding_music, JovialJovian

Aging Hero 1W
Creature - Human Spellshaper (R)
4W, T, Discard a card: Separate all creature cards in your graveyard into two piles. Exile the pile of an opponent's choice and return the other to the battlefield.
"I've fought a long time. I've fought for my brothers and raised them to fight. I don't want to become just another story."
2/1

IIW: Non-evasion evergreen combat keywords
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: wizyard, kwanyeegor-ii

See Red 2rr
Enchantment
In the text of each other spell and permanent, all instances of color words are changed to red and all instances of creature types are changed to Dragon. (E.g.: a black Warlock creature with "1b, t: Create a 1/1 black Rat creature token" becomes a black Dragon with "1b, t: Create a 1/1 red Dragon creature token")
6rr, Sacrifice See Red: Create a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying.

IIW: a new predefined artifact token (like Clue, Food, Gold and Treasure)

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

votes: RattingRots, haywire

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Guardman, JovialJovian

Release Potential 2UU
Enchantment (Rare)
Change the text of each card in your hand by replacing "nonland" with "land" and vice versa.

IIW: Mono blue aggro.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Votes: wizyard, dyd

Unbecoming B
Instant
Change the text of target spell or permanent by removing all sub-types from it. (eg. "Sliver creatures you control get +1/+1." would become "Creatures you control get +1/+1."
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It's black because Nameless Inversion
IIW: Valentines

Zemoo

Post by Zemoo » 4 years ago

Votes: wizyard, void_nothing

Subvert Reality
Instant
Escalate
Choose one
- Change the text of target spell or permanent by replacing all instances of one color word with another
- Change the text of target spell or permanent by replacing all instances of one land type with another
- Change the text of target spell or permanent by replacing all instances of one creature type with another

IIW: the number 9

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Vote: JovialJovian and RattingRots

Five Suns Lens 2
Artifact (R)
Change the text of all cards by replacing 'white', 'blue', 'black', 'red', 'green', and 'colorless' with 'multicolored'.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 4 years ago

Vote: wizyard and netn10

Bringer of Equality 1c
Creature - Eldrazi
Change the text of all cards you control by replacing any creature type with Eldrazi.
All creatures you control lose their creature types and are colorless Eldrazi.
1/3

IIW: A Wurm with Madness
Last edited by Guardman 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: haywire, dyd

Universal Production W
Enchantment (R)
Change the text of spells and permanents you control and cards you own that aren't on the battlefield by replacing all instances of "Equipment" and "Vehicle" with "artifact".
"Tools can always be put to more than one purpose, even if those purposes be narrow." - Sram, senior edificer

IIW: Atogs
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

JovialJovian, Guardman

Animism 1R
Tribal Enchantment - Elemental (U)
Instant and sorcery spells you cast are tribal in addition to their other types and are Elementals.
notes
Show
Hide
Had a bit of a tough time picking the color. I think green might make more sense for flavor, but in a Lorwyn set with similar color distribution for elementals I thought this made more sense.
IIW: Evergreen blue-white mechanic.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

jovialjovian wizyard

Inject with Darkness B
Instant (Rare)
Replace all color words in the text of target spell or permanent with black and all instances of basic land types with Swamp. You lose 2 life.
Draw a card.

iiw bad rares and mythics
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

dyd, RattingRots

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”