Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Can't say I am surprised.

Segrus

Post by Segrus » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
wow...the backlash or a combo of it and whatever else has caused Shivam (he's on the CAG) to take a break from twitter if not all social media
It's hard not to run into the negative voices out there lately. Sucks he has to take a step away for awhile due to it.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Segrus wrote:
4 years ago
Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
wow...the backlash or a combo of it and whatever else has caused Shivam (he's on the CAG) to take a break from twitter if not all social media
It's hard not to run into the negative voices out there lately. Sucks he has to take a step away for awhile due to it.
Welcome to social media, I'm afraid. I'm sure whatever flak he's received doesn't account for the multitude of cEDH and EDH players who have rational and measured ways of expressing themselves, but there's always a precious few who feel like they can say whatever they like because they're just screaming it into the void, not accounting for the recipient on the other end of the screen. Or that it says more about them than anyone else.

Thankfully we're pretty sheltered from it here at nexus; the community here is pretty awesome, and there's the whole thing of it being fairly hard to maintain your irateness long enough to post vitriol on a forum - it's easy on twitter, you just unleash the fury in 400 characters or less.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
He is getting the Sheldon treatment after some of his tweets. Poor guy.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Segrus

toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
Welcome to social media, I'm afraid.
Pretty much. Part of why I'm hesitant to try to make any sort of larger presence anywhere. For example, I think it would be cool to create Commander content in some form or fashion (and have made a few steps in the past to figure out how that might look for me), but I've got enough to deal with already to then heap the hot coals of social media on my head. Although to be fair there's more than just that which road blocks me to being a creator.

I'll just stay more on here and less on reddit for awhile.

In any case, I should work on understanding enough of the BBCode to post a proper decklist.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Segrus wrote:
4 years ago
In any case, I should work on understanding enough of the BBCode to post a proper decklist.
Take this, brother, and may it serve you well.

Yeah I'm happy here. I just feel sorry guys like Sheldon et al who have to be seen to have a social media presence. I....would most likely not enjoy it - or be able to keep myself from retorting with the filthiest of retorts possible lol
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Shabbaman
crying casual
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Shabbaman » 4 years ago

A genuine reply won't help much against the trolls.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Segrus

toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
Take this, brother, and may it serve you well.
Thanks! I was digging into that last night as well as looking at how some primers coded their stuff, but I wasn't quite getting everything to look like I wanted by the time I needed to jump off. Once I fiddle with it enough I'll have something at least passable.
Shabbaman wrote:
4 years ago
A genuine reply won't help much against the trolls.
You mean replies to stuff like this?: "Every EDH banlist discussion ever is swarmed by sh__-for-brains zombies that refuse to play interaction and get mad when someone has more than 5 mana before turn 4. And they cry and complain without proper arguments every time. Most cEDH opinions I've seen here try to present arguments, which I've never seen a crying casual do." --direct quote from cEDH player on reddit, which is fairly mild to some other stuff

Yeah, I won't be bothering going back to the EDH subreddit any time soon.

pokken
Answers: 2

Segrus wrote:
4 years ago
You mean replies to stuff like this?: "Every EDH banlist discussion ever is swarmed by sh__-for-brains zombies that refuse to play interaction and get mad when someone has more than 5 mana before turn 4. And they cry and complain without proper arguments every time. Most cEDH opinions I've seen here try to present arguments, which I've never seen a crying casual do." --direct quote from cEDH player on reddit, which is fairly mild to some other stuff

Yeah, I won't be bothering going back to the EDH subreddit any time soon.
It's a bit of an under-moderated toilet sometimes but I think those opinions are demonstrably the minority -- same as the "CEDH players deserve what they get" group.

The key to reddit is trying to avoid letting the sewer color your thinking too much. There're some really insightful posts there.

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 4 years ago

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
There're some really insightful posts there.
There's also people who think Flash isn't banned because members of the Rules Committee have invested in copies of the card and are manipulating its price.

There may be some nice things, but some dumpsters aren't worth diving into.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
pokken wrote:
4 years ago
There're some really insightful posts there.
There's also people who think Flash isn't banned because members of the Rules Committee have invested in copies of the card and are manipulating its price.

There may be some nice things, but some dumpsters aren't worth diving into.
Isn't Flash like a $2 card?

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 4 years ago

Look, if your unwilling to accept a clearly insane theory because it's also completely stupid, I don't know what to tell you.

Shabbaman
crying casual
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Shabbaman » 4 years ago

@segrus I wear "crying casual" as a badge of honor from now on.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

pokken
Answers: 2

The wild market manipulation theory I heard that made me laugh the hardest is that Wizards is refusing to let the RC ban flash because they are reprinting it in the upcoming commander masters set and don't want it to flop.

Segrus

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
The key to reddit is trying to avoid letting the sewer color your thinking too much. There're some really insightful posts there.
Okay, so it's likely I'll poke my head in there from time to time since it's habit, but that subreddit during the Paradox Engine ban really, really put me off. Flash stuff has been less radioactive and it ultimately reflects (to me) how there's near zero effort to curb outright disrespectful comments. Wading through it is too much of a chore right now for me.
Shabbaman wrote:
4 years ago
@segrus I wear "crying casual" as a badge of honor from now on.
As much as I'm not against seeing ridiculously overpowered lists and combos, I'm likely one too.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Man, I really want to add one more deck but just... nothing seems super appealing at the moment.
BRG "Toolbox" |B Xiahou Dun | UB Tegwyll | RG Hans | WB Astarion

Segrus

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
Man, I really want to add one more deck but just... nothing seems super appealing at the moment.
I haven't felt very inspired in awhile, apart from what I'm hoping to get posted here sometime later today, so I've been mostly just trying to focus on updating all of my currently built stuff. On the back burner, I have a bunch of cards set aside for Torbran as well some future Nicol Bolas deck to utilize all of the Nicol Bolas planeswalkers I've happened into.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
I still haven't finished building Marisal yet.

Airi
Queen of Salt

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Somewhere, Jivan is suddenly disappointed in you.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

pokken wrote:
4 years ago

I've had actually had some good discussion and now I understand the reasoning behind them wanting flash banned,among other things.

And what do they kill if i don't have a puppy?
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

Once the "cedh people" realize that they are a very small subset of players in the overall Edh population and realise that the other subset is more important (and rightly so) than them, everyone will be calmer. Maybe it sucks but that's the truth.
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Somewhere, Jivan is suddenly disappointed in you.
Wait, that's the tribal wizard, isn't it? I meant the Goad naya general fron the cat precon.

Airi
Queen of Salt

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Wait, that's the tribal wizard, isn't it? I meant the Goad naya general fron the cat precon.
Ohhh, Marisi. Ya know what, I still think Jiv would be disappointed. He actually likes Marisi

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

Historians now agree that the first phone call was about someone's extended car warranty.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Ohhh, Marisi. Ya know what, I still think Jiv would be disappointed. He actually likes Marisi
That seems out of character for him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”