Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Istarkano wrote:
4 years ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
It would appear Siona, Captain of the Pyleas isn't going to warrant their own thread (though she's in the spoiler), but it's number 226.
Yep that might confirm a legend of each guild color combo will get a slot at rare or mythic

So

Azorius
Rakdos
Golgari (polukranos is excluded for as if a rare slot gets gets a legend and not mythic)
Simic

Is all that remains for a legend in theros
Since Siona, Captain of the Pyleas is an uncommon, I do not believe that the potential cycle is restricted by rarity. So that would make Polukranos the Golgari contribution, and we are only missing Azorius, Rakdos, and Simic.
Yep that looks like the case

We just got the simic one it's also uncommon

Oh and for everybody

Uro is a titan so it is in fact confirmed we're getting titans (except they typing will be elder giants)

But the weird thing is 3 more mythics are left but they may throw in 1 extra mythic in the set

https://mtgazone.com/wp-content/uploads ... quette.jpg

As you can and see there's 4 titans uro up in front kroxas behind the hooded one with sharp teeth which is behind uro and if you look behind klothys there's 4th one behind her

Now I am anctipating only 3 mythics (2 titans and the 3rd walker) but it's not the first time they add a additional mythic or two than usual

sexymsjackson23

Post by sexymsjackson23 » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Istarkano wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Yep that might confirm a legend of each guild color combo will get a slot at rare or mythic

So

Azorius
Rakdos
Golgari (polukranos is excluded for as if a rare slot gets gets a legend and not mythic)
Simic

Is all that remains for a legend in theros
Since Siona, Captain of the Pyleas is an uncommon, I do not believe that the potential cycle is restricted by rarity. So that would make Polukranos the Golgari contribution, and we are only missing Azorius, Rakdos, and Simic.
Yep that looks like the case

We just got the simic one it's also uncommon

Oh and for everybody

Uro is a titan so it is in fact confirmed we're getting titans (except they typing will be elder giants)

But the weird thing is 3 more mythics are left but they may throw in 1 extra mythic in the set

https://mtgazone.com/wp-content/uploads ... quette.jpg

As you can and see there's 4 titans uro up in front kroxas behind the hooded one with sharp teeth which is behind uro and if you look behind klothys there's 4th one behind her

Now I am anctipating only 3 mythics (2 titans and the 3rd walker) but it's not the first time they add a additional mythic or two than usual
Agree with this (originally posted same thing but didn't see this reply). Only thing I'll add is that it's possible the third planeswalker may be rare or uncommon. They have done this before and have stated it can happen again.

sexymsjackson23

That's weird. I counted the showcase cards, extended art, and the Gods in the showcase to try and get a rare and mythic rare count for the set. I counted 53 extended Image cards, 3 extended art planeswalkers, and 6 mythic gods in showcase. Some quick math:
Counted numbers 3+53+6= 62 rares and mythic rares
Crunch numbers 53+15 = 68 rares and mythic rares

Either there's a misread card number or we are getting a lower number of rares in the set which is possible. Either way if we get 62 rares and mythics and we still have the 15 (or 16) mythics we get 48 rares. That's possible but kind of feels weird. I'm guessing we got a lower rare count this set (possibly because we got the demigod cycle that is uncommon and off sets the rares by 5 cards.

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
That's weird. I counted the showcase cards, extended art, and the Gods in the showcase to try and get a rare and mythic rare count for the set. I counted 53 extended Image cards, 3 extended art planeswalkers, and 6 mythic gods in showcase. Some quick math:
Counted numbers 3+53+6= 62 rares and mythic rares
Crunch numbers 53+15 = 68 rares and mythic rares

Either there's a misread card number or we are getting a lower number of rares in the set which is possible. Either way if we get 62 rares and mythics and we still have the 15 (or 16) mythics we get 48 rares. That's possible but kind of feels weird. I'm guessing we got a lower rare count this set (possibly because we got the demigod cycle that is uncommon and off sets the rares by 5 cards.
The discrepancy is likely due to Sagas not getting the extended frame treatment due them already having a different frame
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

sexymsjackson23

Ah yeah that would make sense. Well on a positive note we know we get 5 rare/ mythic rare sagas now.

CommanderMaster999

Welp either 1 or 2 mythics remain and it's automaticlly locked as a titan since we know there is atleast 3 (it all depends if that 4th one behind klothys to the left will be included or not)

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

4 years ago
Welp either 1 or 2 mythics remain and it's automaticlly locked as a titan since we know there is atleast 3 (it all depends if that 4th one behind klothys to the left will be included or not)

This would seem to imply that there are only two titans appearing in this set, regardless of the art of The Binding of the Titans shows. The remaining mythic will likely contain white, if not be mono-white.

CommanderMaster999

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

This would seem to imply that there are only two titans appearing in this set, regardless of the art of The Binding of the Titans shows. The remaining mythic will likely contain white, if not be mono-white.
Well all be darn

I guess the mythic count was right

Jace
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

What makes you say the remaining mythic will be white? Just curious. I wonder if it will be the other white saga. Blue has an uncommon and Mythic saga so I wonder if white well as well

sexymsjackson23

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

I don't think we will get a mono white mythic. In thinking about the mythic breakdown so far we got:

2 white
2 blue
1 black
2 red
1 green
6 multicolored
- 2 titans (UG) (RB)
- 2 planes walkers (BU) (GW)
- 2 legendaries (BG) (RG)

I think we will get either a mono green or black (I can see more so mono black due to this being an "underworld" block). If not that then another multicolored that is not the same as one of the previous dual colors. It's interesting that we almost got a dual colored cycle of mythic in this block (most likely blue and white since that's the only allied dual color we haven't seen in the mythic cycle yet.....if we are getting a mythic cycle in the multicolors).

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Jace wrote:
4 years ago
What makes you say the remaining mythic will be white? Just curious. I wonder if it will be the other white saga. Blue has an uncommon and Mythic saga so I wonder if white well as well
Just a guess, as white appears on the fewest mythic cards. I discussed my method of counting on MTGSalvation before and was very soundly told I was doing it wrong, so I'll not go into specifics regarding that. If my guess is wrong, so be it.

sexymsjackson23

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Jace wrote:
4 years ago
Just a guess, as white appears on the fewest mythic cards. I discussed my method of counting on MTGSalvation before and was very soundly told I was doing it wrong, so I'll not go into specifics regarding that. If my guess is wrong, so be it.
I've seen your method and I don't think you're wrong. Everything is guesswork and even my method can be wrong (it has been before). Wizards is unpredictable and I haven't counted multicolors in my count. But yeah even so I can see a blue and white mythic which I'm actually leaning more toward than a monocolored card. We also have the black and white buy a box mythic too so that would be an 8 card in a multicolored cycle if there is one.

Bottom line: i don't think people are doing it "wrong". The issue is there's no right way to predict what's next. Just a lot of opinion and guesswork.

CommanderMaster999

Oh for peak sake

Azorius is what the last mythic colors will be that's the only color combo that doesn't have a legend in theros

Jace

Definitely Persophia then for slot 223

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

The mystery last mythic is revealed. Big mono-green thing

sexymsjackson23

So I've looked at the extended art rares list to look at what's left for rares and logic. Here is what I found.

First of all, we know 47 rares not 46. (I've made this mistake many times when doing crunch on salvation. Easy to miscount. Dusk is doing well keeping up with numbers and stuff).

The remaining 6. Here's what's left.

White (3):
- the white Rare saga (i don't know where it will be. It won't have extended art).
- there's a white rare between Eidolon of Obstruction and idyllic Tutor (likely Heliod's intervention).
- Another white rare between Idyllic tutor and Taranika.

Blue (1):
- There's a rare between Nadir Kraken and Thassa's Intervention

Multicolored (1):
- there's a rare between Dalakos and Enigma Incarnation (sorry Jace not Persophia to me although Persophia may be an uncommon).

Artifact/ land (1):
- There's a rare between Shadowspear and Temple of Abandon. This could be the unofficial rare " Labyrinth of Skophus" that was revealed earlier.

So that's 6 rares 2 that we kind of already know

Jace

sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
So I've looked at the extended art rares list to look at what's left for rares and logic. Here is what I found.

First of all, we know 47 rares not 46. (I've made this mistake many times when doing crunch on salvation. Easy to miscount. Dusk is doing well keeping up with numbers and stuff).

The remaining 6. Here's what's left.

White (3):
- the white Rare saga (i don't know where it will be. It won't have extended art).
- there's a white rare between Eidolon of Obstruction and idyllic Tutor (likely Heliod's intervention).
- Another white rare between Idyllic tutor and Taranika.

Blue (1):
- There's a rare between Nadir Kraken and Thassa's Intervention

Multicolored (1):
- there's a rare between Dalakos and Enigma Incarnation (sorry Jace not Persophia to me although Persophia may be an uncommon).

Artifact/ land (1):
- There's a rare between Shadowspear and Temple of Abandon. This could be the unofficial rare " Labyrinth of Skophus" that was revealed earlier.

So that's 6 rares 2 that we kind of already know
I am fine not getting Persophia. I got literally everything I wanted in this set and she wasn't a major priority for me, just a conjecture. I would have liked an Arixmethes reference or art cameo somewhere though. Something. But the mythic saga is close since it refers to his story at least. I do wonder what the rare white saga will reference? Elspeth killing polukranos? Or Xenagos? Or her role as champion? Or might it be Gideon and Elspeth and be about the Theriad in general? Man I wish we would get more reveals instead of the glacial pace we see cards

I am curious about the final blue rare as well. I doubt it will be a saga since we got two blue ones but man I would love it to be one

sexymsjackson23

Speak of the devil. We got the rare white Saga: Elspeth Conquers death. Now we got 5 more rares (and we know one will probably be the labyrinth land and the other will be Heliod's intervention). I'm curious on the multicolored rare and the blue one myself. We could use another big sea creature.

Jace

sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
Speak of the devil. We got the rare white Saga: Elspeth Conquers death. Now we got 5 more rares (and we know one will probably be the labyrinth land and the other will be Heliod's intervention). I'm curious on the multicolored rare and the blue one myself. We could use another big sea creature.
Oh beware of getting me hyped for a rare kraken. I would love that or a saga.

Any idea how many legends we have seen thus far? I heard the set has 30. So depending on how many we have seen may tip is off on whether any rares or uncommons left are legendary

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Appreciate the help and discussions, everyone. Will take some time tomorrow after everything for the day is revealed and double check all of the numbers before the big reveal of what's left on Friday. Preview season is very much a group effort and it would not be near as easy without everyone's help

Jace

Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Appreciate the help and discussions, everyone. Will take some time tomorrow after everything for the day is revealed and double check all of the numbers before the big reveal of what's left on Friday. Preview season is very much a group effort and it would not be near as easy without everyone's help
I have been checking this thread consistently and really appreciate your effort. Thank you so much

sexymsjackson23

Jace wrote:
4 years ago
sexymsjackson23 wrote:
4 years ago
Oh beware of getting me hyped for a rare kraken. I would love that or a saga.

Any idea how many legends we have seen thus far? I heard the set has 30. So depending on how many we have seen may tip is off on whether any rares or uncommons left are legendary
If you don't count the planeswalkers, Athreos, or the blue uncommon legendary that is still unofficial, it is 25 legends. To me this number is very ball park because I'm unsure if planeswalker are called "legendary" even though they don't say legendary or if Atheros is counted as buy a box. Either way 25 makes sense.

I expect to see a few more legendaries. I've noticed red didn't get many legendaries so maybe a it will get an uncommon one. There's only 4 rares and the only color (if any) getting a rare legendary is blue. I don't see any more rare legendaries though since blue and white seem mostly "balanced" with rare legendaries . I could be wrong.

Jace

Seems strange not to reveal Heliod's intervention today

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

I think there are still a few reveals to go today, but I agree.

Istarkano

Post by Istarkano » 4 years ago

So no Azorius legend? That bites.
My EDH Decks
Show
Hide
Arcades the Strategist - Kefnet the Mindful - Heliod, God of the Sun - Valduk, Keeper of the Flame - Hallar the Firefletcher - Urza, Lord High Artificer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”