[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
In other news...

I bought a house in the suburbs. Since I am no longer to make it to FNM, most of my magic has been inviting friends over to draft and play commander... but now that may be ending because most of them do not drive.
Makes me sad
Sadness, Perhaps one of them can host? Or perhaps there's a communal space halfways between?

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago

Oh I'm sure of it. I'll still get my refund, but now I'll have to pay $40 per instead of $30 per... assuming I still decide to get some.
So, update on this:

Went back and forth with the seller, and giving them a chance to rectify this since they said they would try and locate replacements. Took poking on my end with them not following up with a status update, but eventually they said they got one copy and would refund me the other, if that worked. I said sure. A few days went past without a response so I pinged them AGAIN saying just forget it and send me a full refund if they didn't already mail the one card (since I still haven't seen any refund credit to indicate they did anything). Week goes by, no response. So finally Saturday I got fed up, left them a scathing one star review, and emailed customer service. Wouldn't you know, within a few hours they had emailed me saying they got a second copy and did I still want it. So I told them yes and if they sent it I would "adjust my feedback appropriately" (code for "you're still getting a %$#% review but it will still be honest for the updated situation).

I ended up buying one copy at my LGS, so now I guess I'll have an extra one.
Sometimes that's what you need to do to get a response. Not just with MtG, but with just about everything now.

In other news...

I bought a house in the suburbs. Since I am no longer to make it to FNM, most of my magic has been inviting friends over to draft and play commander... but now that may be ending because most of them do not drive.
Makes me sad
Congratulations! I know the struggles all too well of that, I moved about an hour away from my friends at the closest. Bob can attest, he's been there and it's out in the country. Still, having a place to call your own is a great feeling. Good luck!
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
In other news...

Makes me sad
I was gonna say that I drive places, but Canada is a bit far.

Not many Magic players in Letterkenny, eh?
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

I feel like I should be an unofficial member of the CAG..due to how often,i cross post to the edh reddit lol i could be titled outreach guy lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

so..... my wife takes the baby's monitor off incorrectly and it blares emergency waking me up this morning at 6:00 AM. If thats not enough, she tells me that my cat got into some eggnogg last night and then proceeded to throw up all over the bed including ON ME. So...... %$#% now I am awake. I decide to start cleaning %$#% up and I get the pleasant squish of stepping in cat vomit.

hooray, im awake
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

Think I've gotten the flu twice now in the past month, month and a half. And today's my birthday, which I'm spending sick. Yay.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Did that last month (including the birthday thing). Only it was pneumonia + something else. Edit: meaning, you have my empathy.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Sanity_Eclipse

Thank. Some kind of sickness two different times in a month, anyway.

Hoping to have Indian food tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, since today doesn't work for most of my family.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Tasting Indian food twice sounds....... not good. Stay at home as much as you can to not share that.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Sanity_Eclipse

? There's not been a worry of throwing up with these sicknesses. It's been a persistent cough, some congestion, feeling achy all over some days, and some sinus pressure.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

I feel yall. I got shingles this past week and it hurts to even breathe. My doc was flabbergasted I had shingles like I'm 25 and in fairly good health.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

well mtgcommander.net is back up but it's rolled back to August of last year...
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Shabbaman
crying casual
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Shabbaman » 4 years ago

Posting doesn't work though.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 4 years ago

Happy new year to each and everyone of you!

Man, i haven't been active on here in a while. Mainly due to the fact (especially the last third of) 2019 has been a wild ride for me.
Turned 31, my playgroup disintegrated and a new one emerged from its remains, i finally found a new flat and moved, just to have my bike stolen through the first night at the place.
But amidst a turbulent, sometimes frustrating, year i've learned a lot about myself and stumbled into a certain someone that has enriched my life constantly ever since, so things are in line for 2020 to be a lot better.

As things calm down i hope i'll find more time to spend on here. See you around, my fellow planeswalkers.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Ulka wrote:
4 years ago
I feel yall. I got shingles this past week and it hurts to even breathe. My doc was flabbergasted I had shingles like I'm 25 and in fairly good health.
Ohhhhh god, thats rough.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Happy new year, ya'll.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
Happy new year, ya'll.
I just realized...... I feel like I haven't seen you on here in forever lol. Come to think of it.... where has Wildfire been? I feel like you guys kind of mozied off after nexus got up and going.

Airi
Queen of Salt

I have been dealing with health issues. I've been keeping an eye on the site, just haven't posted much as I haven't had much chance to play MTG recently :(

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

@airi sorry to hear that. Is it something you will have to continue to fight the rest of your life or is this due to treatment of it? I hope you are feeling better.

Airi
Queen of Salt

Little bit of both. I did not do great post surgery longer term. It had some really drastic effects on my mood and stuff, and while I do have overall pain reduction, I am still dealing with some amount of chronic pain and always will be. Largely though, I've just been on a roller coaster of different medicine, which as not been easy. >.<

I do get to play EDH tonight though, so things are looking up!

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
Little bit of both. I did not do great post surgery longer term. It had some really drastic effects on my mood and stuff, and while I do have overall pain reduction, I am still dealing with some amount of chronic pain and always will be. Largely though, I've just been on a roller coaster of different medicine, which as not been easy. >.<

I do get to play EDH tonight though, so things are looking up!
Ugh, sorry that sounds super rough. Run some people down with Lovisa, it always helps.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

That sounds rough. Hope things get better.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Well this is certainly shaping to be quite the set. I'm interested in seeing how it impacts the format once everything shakes out. I feel like I need to dig out my copy of Humility and be that guy ruining the fun of others.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Indeed, I've already got my eye on a number of available replacement cards - there's some good stuff in here. I think the best part is that while the cards I'm looking at are strong alternate copies of existing cards - none of them invalidate the other version. I can see instances where I'd run the new version more, and other situations where I'd run the original more. Good design.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

This set looks fun for other people. I look forward to my opponents getting new toys. Otherwise, there's a couple things for my legends banding deck and not much else.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”