Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

CCL June Signups/Round 1

"It's Go Time"

Etherium Astrolabe, taken from Cube Cobra, by Michael Bruinsma and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's The Other Evergreens Month here at the CCL. This month will focus on the evergreen keywords and keyword actions used in every set other than ones directly related to creature combat.

Challenge
Design a noncreature permanent card with flash.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Your card may have some way to turn into a creature as long as the typeline on its front face (if applicable) does not include creature.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Anyone can enter this first round! Your submissions are due Thursday, June 8th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (June 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (June 9th-16th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due June 18th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (June 19th-22nd)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due June 24th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (June 25th-28th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due June 30th)
  • Final (July, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 10 months ago

Marked for Death B
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Flash
Enchant creature
When Marked for Death enters the battlefield, destroy enchanted creature if it was dealt damage this turn.
When enchanted creature is dealt damage, destroy it.
An assassin never reveals her targets.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 9 months ago

Stone-Trap Setup 2
Artifact - Clue Trap (Common)
Flash
2, Sacrifice Stone-Trap Setup: Draw a card.
Disturb 0. Activate this ability only if an opponent attacks.
////
Stone Trap
Artifact - Trap (Common)
Flash
When Stone Trap enters the battlefield, exile it. If you do, it deal 2 damage to target attacking creature.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Bumping this for visibility - you have nothing to lose by entering!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 9 months ago

Alright!

Monastery Training
Enchantment - Aura (c)
Flash
Enchant creature
When Monastery Training enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Enchanted creature has prowess.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Extending this at least until 23:59 Eastern US time tomorrow, June 10th.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 9 months ago

The Sword-Bearing Wanderer 2WW
Legendary Planeswalker (Mythic)
Flash
When The Sword-Bearing Wanderer enters the battlefield during an opponent's declare attackers step, target attacking creature becomes attacking The Sword-Bearing Wanderer instead. Then create a 2/2 white Samurai creature token with vigilance. (You can't activate her loyalty abilities unless it's your main phase.)
+1: White creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn
-3: For each of up to two target tokens you control, create a token that's a copy of it.
-10: Each opponent shuffles all artifacts, creatures, and planeswalkers they own into their library.
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 9 months ago

Phoenix Grenade R
Artifact {R}
Flash
1R, T, Sacrifice Phoenix Grenade: Choose one -
- Destroy target artifact.
- Phoenix Grenade deals 2 damage to any target.
- Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever you spend five or more red mana to cast a spell, return Phoenix Grenade from your graveyard to your hand.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Alright - please critique and T3 all the other contestants. Round 2 will be up soon.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Quick bump as a critique reminder!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”