[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

I disagree bob but that is my opinion and besides this isn't the place to discuss it any further.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

Of course. I think my post may have come off more confrontational than I intended, and I apologize for that.

Different metas, and different playstyles will have a significant difference on our experiences as well. But you're right that if we wanted to continue this, we should bring it into a new thread.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Super off topic, I put in a pre order for a tesla truck lol. I am probably only like 60% convinced that I will buy one but I hope it works out. Its so far off in the future that its hard to say if it will work out for me financially.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Super off topic, I put in a pre order for a tesla truck lol. I am probably only like 60% convinced that I will buy one but I hope it works out. Its so far off in the future that its hard to say if it will work out for me financially.
You're going to be in great shape when some kind of dystopian future rolls around.

I'm probably in for an electric car of some kind when I replace the current one (among other things, I'll hopefully have finished paying off student loans by then). My current car is new this year, so that's still likely to be a ways out because I usually drive my cars into the ground.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

SocorroTortoise wrote:
4 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
You're going to be in great shape when some kind of dystopian future rolls around.

I'm probably in for an electric car of some kind when I replace the current one (among other things, I'll hopefully have finished paying off student loans by then). My current car is new this year, so that's still likely to be a ways out because I usually drive my cars into the ground.
My current vehicle is over 10 years old with like 130,000 miles on it. I figure I probably still have a few years on it but I will need to consider another vehicle probably in the next 5 years anyways. I am just constantly impressed with the cost and efficiency of everything that Elon Musk does. I guess its time to drink the cool aid.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

We're heading this way too, eventually. Our current vehicle is a 15yo banger, and we hate it. When we upgrade bare minimum it'll be a hybrid, if not full EV. We can't afford Tesla, but it doesn't make sense to continue paying petrol prices as they are in NZ.

That being said, NZ doesn't exactly have a great infrastructure for full EV either. We're not entirely set up with charging stations everywhere, and there's a lot of rural areas it'd be entirely possible to just run out of charge in. So we probably won't dive right in for EV until things improve in that area.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Yea, its impressive how fast the EV infrastructure is expanding but even with that its still nowhere near the infrastructure of gasoline vehicles currently. I live in a rather rural area of the USA but even then, most of the major traffic from me have tesla charge stations about every hour in each direction supposedly.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

I have a 2018 Sonata hybrid (gas/electric, no charging it) and I absolutely love it. Plus, to upgrade for a bumper to bumper 10 year warranty it was really cheap, so that was a huge factor. But I average around 600 miles per tank, roughly 40 mpg. So basically 2 gallons of gas a day for me to and from work.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

I'm driving a 2019 Civic right now, which replaced the 14 year old 170k miles Escape. I usually get a little better than 30 mpg, which is a significant improvement on the last car even though it's not quite at hybrid efficiency. I'm surrounded by EV charging at work (tech company) - all of the parking garages at my office have stations and there are about a dozen Tesla superchargers at one of the other buildings half a mile away.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

toctheyounger

Honestly, you guys and your imperial measurements....

We sort of gauge it in terms of how much it costs us per week. Currently we're like $120/week, gassing up just under twice a week for like 60-70 a pop. 91 is like $2.25/L here in NZ.

From what I've heard of the uber drivers I've talked to and other hybrid owners, they can go like 3 weeks on $60 gas. It's a no-brainer.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago

We sort of gauge it in terms of how much it costs us per week. Currently we're like $120/week, gassing up just under twice a week for like 60-70 a pop. 91 is like $2.25/L here in NZ.

From what I've heard of the uber drivers I've talked to and other hybrid owners, they can go like 3 weeks on $60 gas. It's a no-brainer.
Sigh... my gas expenses are like $4 per deciweek.

toctheyounger

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago

Sigh... my gas expenses are like $4 per deciweek.
lol, does GOAT stand for 'gregariously obtuse all the time'?

I kid. That's ridiculously efficient, and I need to get on that. Once the mortgage is manageable and baby is born.... :?

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

I drive a minivan. But I very much look forward to seeing Tesla Trucks around.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Well I'm bummed. Right after the Oko ban I ordered a pair on TCG and was able to get them before the prices started creeping back up. Two weeks later and tracking still shows that they haven't been given to the Post Office yet. Seller is claiming ignorance but I suspect that they got cold feel when they saw the prices go back up. Especially since I checked their feedback and in the last month they have a few one star reviews of never getting the cards, and one person even said the order was lost right after their cards were in a winning deck and the price jumped. Gonna give them a chance to make it right beyond a refund, but methinks they're getting another bad review soon.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Well I'm bummed. Right after the Oko ban I ordered a pair on TCG and was able to get them before the prices started creeping back up. Two weeks later and tracking still shows that they haven't been given to the Post Office yet. Seller is claiming ignorance but I suspect that they got cold feel when they saw the prices go back up. Especially since I checked their feedback and in the last month they have a few one star reviews of never getting the cards, and one person even said the order was lost right after their cards were in a winning deck and the price jumped. Gonna give them a chance to make it right beyond a refund, but methinks they're getting another bad review soon.
That's garbage!!!
I have not bought from TCG in a long time, but when I did I only bought from the sellers I knew and trusted. But I have even heard of LGSs doing this kind of thing. They always have the same excuse though: "Someone bought it at the same time from Amazon or TCG and so the stock was shorted. "
It is hard to disprove, so I think you may end up being shafted here.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
That's garbage!!!
I have not bought from TCG in a long time, but when I did I only bought from the sellers I knew and trusted. But I have even heard of LGSs doing this kind of thing. They always have the same excuse though: "Someone bought it at the same time from Amazon or TCG and so the stock was shorted. "
Oh I'm sure of it. I'll still get my refund, but now I'll have to pay $40 per instead of $30 per... assuming I still decide to get some.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
That's garbage!!!
Oh I'm sure of it. I'll still get my refund, but now I'll have to pay $40 per instead of $30 per... assuming I still decide to get some.
I just remembered one online order I made where they kept postponing the ship date. I confronted them and said that I was expecting the cards by a certain date and that they couldn't just keep postponing. When I got the order I realized why - I think there were 3 cards that they gave me in foil because they couldn't find non-foils. I appreciated that they pulled through for me at their expense. I don't think many stores would do this.
I think that if they tell you they are out of stock, you can tell them you will wait for them to get stock, rather than accept the refund. My friend did this with a shorted Protean Hulk when it was unbanned. I think he got his card 2 months later.

In your place I would refuse a refund.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Been more than a short while since I've arted on a card - but I think this didn't turn out too badly.
20191211_020037.jpg

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Looks good, bob!

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Good job Bob, I like your work. I just wish that commander felt a little less combotastic because I actually enjoy how the deck plays.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Good job Bob, I like your work. I just wish that commander felt a little less combotastic because I actually enjoy how the deck plays.
I haven't played him myself yet either, though I've considered just slotting him into a variety of decks. This one is actually going to be a birthday present for my brother, who does play him as a Commander.

There are certain parts on the card that I'm unhappy about, especially seeing it blown up larger in a photo - but it's been near a year since I've done an alter, so this feels pretty decent, all things considered.

I'm planning to make about 10-12 more though, as I think for for a holiday gift I'm going to be doing a Commander for each of my LGS regulars.

toctheyounger

It's beautiful bob, really nicely done.

I really like the commander too. If I didn't play Bruna, I'd probably play this, despite the tendency towards combo the deck tends to have.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Well..... I just had a T6 5 player FFA full table kill with Sai with no infinites. It was...... kinda disturbing. Throne of the God-Pharaoh + Clock of Omens was nutty.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

If anyone's at CommandFestDC, hit me up a pm - I'd love to meet some of you.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

I am here. Somewhere.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”