void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

Today's Challenge: "Partner with"

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 67 (+1)
Rithaniel 64 (+3)
netn10 62 (+4)
haywire 35
JovialJovian 26 (+4)
Wren 20
Avacyn Believer 8
kwanyeegor-ii 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Damage prevention
Wren wrote:
10 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

Augus the Protector 4GWU
Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a creature an opponent controls, prevent all combat damage.
"They were weak, on the verge of death. I couldn't sit by and watch."
6/6

IIW: Companion
JovialJovian wrote:
10 months ago
Cloud of Pearls 1WW
Instant (U)
Whenever damage from a source an opponent controls is prevented this turn, create an X/X white Elemental creature token, where X is the amount of damage prevented.
The next time damage would be dealt to target noncreature this turn, prevent that damage.

vote: Rithaniel, void_nothing

IIW: Squirrels
Rithaniel wrote:
10 months ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Dust of Souls
Instant U
Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to each nonbattle permanent you control this turn, where X is the number of cards put into graveyards from anywhere this turn.
Forecast — , Reveal Dust of Souls from your hand: Create a Gear token. (It's an artifact with ": Target player mills a card." Ativate this ability only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)

IIW: Battle - War
War Def
Show
Hide
Wars are a subtype of battles I made for a NCED. You can use this definition or make your own.

(As a War enters, each player gets a copy to protect. Each player can attack copies they aren't protecting.)
void_nothing wrote:
10 months ago

Jungle Mists 2GG
Instant (R)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Search your library for a Bird, Cat, Frog, Lizard, Monkey, Snake, or Turtle card, reveal it, and put it into your hand, then shuffle.

IIW: The monarch
netn10 wrote:
10 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, JovialJovian

Prepare for Anything W
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn to creatures you control.
Until end of turn, whenever a creature you control deals combat damage deals combat damage to a player, you and that player each draws a card.

IIW: "You and that player each draws a card."
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
10 months ago
jovialjovian netn10
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

Tumugan, Rompa's Mahout 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Tamer (R)
Partner with Rompa, Tumugan's Steed (When this creature enters the battlefield, target player may put Rompa into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
Vigilance
Whenever a creature with trample you control attacks, you may pay 1. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature and you gain 1 life.
2/2

Rompa, Tumugan's Steed 2GUR
Legendary Creature - Elephant (R)
Partner with Tumugan, Rompa's Mahout (When this creature enters the battlefield, target player may put Tumugan into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
Trample
Creatures you control have "T: Look at the top card of your library. If it's a noncreature permanent card, you may reveal it and put it into your hand. If this creature has vigilance, you may put that card onto the battlefield instead. If you don't reveal a card this way, put that card on the bottom of your library."
4/4

IIW: Weatherlight crewmembers
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 10 months ago

The Lost City of Sheguria
Legendary Land (R)
Partner with Shegurian Legion (When this enters the battlefield, target player may put Shegurian Legion into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
1GU, Return The Lost City of Sheguria to its owner's hand: Shuffle up to three target cards from your graveyard into your library.
T: Add G or U. You lose 1 life.

Shegurian Legion 2GU
Creature - Hippo Soldier (U)
Partner with The Lost City of Sheguria (When this enters the battlefield, target player may put The Lost City of Sheguria into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
Trample
Soulbond (You may pair this with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired as long as you control both of them.)
As long as Shegurian Legion is paired with another creature, each of those creatures gets +1/+1. If the other creature is named Shegurian Legion, they get +2/+2 and have vigilance.
3/3

vote: Rithaniel, void_nothing

IIW: a card named "Longest Hour"

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 10 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Ulda, Burning Bright
Legendary Creature - Phoenix R
Partner with Kreth, the Shadow Cast
Flying
When Uld enters the battlefield, it deals 3 damage to any target.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent has no cards in hand, return Ulda from your graveyard to the battlefield.
2/2

Kreth, the Shadow Cast
Legendary Creature - Specter R
Partner with Ulda, Burning Bright
Flying
Whenever a creature you control deals damage to a player, you and that player each discard a card.
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you gain 3 life.
2/2

IIW: Goblin versions on non-Goblin legendary creatures
Last edited by Rithaniel 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 10 months ago

Votes: Wren, Rithaniel

Blank-Slate Adventurer 3
Legendary Creature (Mythic)
Partner with two Faceless Ones.
Level up 1
LEVEL 1-3: 4/4
LEVEL 4-7: 6/6, Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
LEVEL 8+: 8/8, indestructable, hexproof, Spells you cast cost 3 less to cast.
2/2

IIW: Vehicle or battle with partner.

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 10 months ago

rithaniel netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”