[Assorted][Daily] SecretInfiltrator's SecretBase

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Card of the Day 2019-11-24 >

Mimicry Chest {4}
Artifact Creature – Chest Horror (U)
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may counter target activated ability from an artifact source. If you do, draw a card. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
2/3

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-25 >

Mount of the Damned {B}{B}
Creature – Demon Horse (U)
Whenever ~ attacks, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, ~ gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the sacrificed creature's power and you gain X life.
2/2

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-26 >

Ghastly Greyhound {1}{W/B}
Creature – Hound Wraith (U)
~ can't be blocked by nonwhite, nonblack creatures.
2/1

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-27 >

Alluring Serpent Dancers {3}{G}
Creature – Human Reveler (U)
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
As long as you control another Reveler, ~ must be blocked if able.
2/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-28 >

Nissa's Phytohydra {G}
Creature – Plant Hydra (U)
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever a player planeswalks, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
0/0

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-29 >

Patient Predator {1}{B}
Creature – Hyena (U)
~ can't attack or block unless an opponent has at least 5 less life than their starting life total.
3/3

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-11-30 >

Turnface Apparition {3}{U}{U}
Creature – Shapeshifter Illusion (U)
{U}: Search your library for a creature card and exile it. Then shuffle your library.
{U}, Bury a creature card exiled with ~: ~ becomes a copy of that card until end of turn.
4/4

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

A monoblue unrestricted nonlegendary scion of the ur-dragon feels wrong. Some numbers should change so it's not such a direct riff. It's possible that the ability shouldn't be monoblue at all and should be UB maybe the first ability as black and the second one as blue?

SecretInfiltrator

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
A monoblue unrestricted nonlegendary scion of the ur-dragon feels wrong. Some numbers should change so it's not such a direct riff. It's possible that the ability shouldn't be monoblue at all and should be UB maybe the first ability as black and the second one as blue?
Interesting. Indeed capping an opponent is considered black, but capping yourself has been repeatedly blue in Mana Severance and Selective Memory; but actually this ability is neither - it's creature tutoring and probably more of a green thing for how it is used in the end.

How about a version that was powered down by embracing the uncertainty of the library? I could see myself changing the first ability to: "{U}: Exile the top card of your library."

What I actually would prefer is: "{U}: Each player exiles the top card of their library." But I also don't want this to be just an effective path to milling opponents, so... "{U}: Each player exiles the top card of their library. Put each noncreature card exiled this way on the bottom of its owner's library."?

I feel that some kind of change along those lines is necessary since this is indeed really close to a legendary. It's interesting how different the two top-down designs were that arrived at such similar mechanical executions.

---

Card of the Day 2019-12-01 >

Sorcerer's Familiar {1}{B}
Creature – Imp Familiar (C)
Flying
~ gets +1/+1 and has lifelink as long as you have cast a sorcery spell this turn.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

I actually would not mind black getting "sorceries matter" themes at all.

I had this whole thing about Cloud Witch from weeks ago about creature type-color correspondences but I never posted it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
I had this whole thing about Cloud Witch from weeks ago about creature type-color correspondences but I never posted it.
Are you referring to it being a blue Warlock despite Warlock being associated with black. I feel that some crossover is appropriate. There can be blue Clerics and green Wizards, too. Main colors will be more common.

---

Card of the Day 2019-12-02 >

Slyness {2}{G}
Creature – Fox Incarnation (R)
Flash
If ~ would die during the turn it entered the battlefield, return it to its owner's hand instead.
2/2

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Creature types on incarnations feels weird. Currently the only one paired with incarnation is elemental which is an equally vague type.

This feels too strong even though it probably isn't. Being able to endlessly block large attackers while eating smaller attackers just seems too good. Not to mention the synergies with sac outlets.

SecretInfiltrator

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
Creature types on incarnations feels weird. Currently the only one paired with incarnation is elemental which is an equally vague type.
I get that, really. But you know what also initially felt weird? Those Elemental Incarnation creatures, because back then "Currently no creature types are paired with Incarnations". It was the context of Lorwyn where the so-called Greater Elementals by design were conceptually incarnations that made these more palatable, so let me create the context: This is a cycle of Incarnations for a world based on Aesopian fables, where the animal aspect is actually really important because these are like patrons of their tribes.
user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
This feels too strong even though it probably isn't. Being able to endlessly block large attackers while eating smaller attackers just seems too good. Not to mention the synergies with sac outlets.
I could see this needing a cost bump, but after the first surprise block this is just a nasty form of regeneration/indestructible. It really depends a lot on whether the removal of the environment is up to dealing with it or whether just going wide or evasive is an option.

In the end I just want to err towards the lower cost for this since it seems easy to miss the window of having it be worthwhile.

---

Card of the Day 2019-12-03 >

Crawling Creepers {2}{G}{G}
Creature – Insect (U)
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control.
When ~ dies, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token for each counter on ~.
0/0

M00NSIDIAN

Post by M00NSIDIAN » 4 years ago

My main thought with Slyness is that it can easily be a repeatable Curtain of Light effect, otherwise it's not too horrible.

Crawling Creepers, though, is pretty straightforward. Really good card if you have multiples (and sac outlets) or can otherwise recur it because you can easily get a nice wide board going. This is definitely one of those "surprised that doesn't exist yet" cards.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-04 >

Shaman's Familiar {2}{R}
Creature – Jackal Familiar (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, add {R} to your mana pool for each {R} spent to cast it.
3/1

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-05 >

Nettlewhip Anemone {2}{U}
Creature – Jellyfish (C)
Defender
When ~ blocks a creature, return that creature to its owner's hand at end of combat
0/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-06 >

End-Raze Juggernaut {6}
Artifact Creature – Juggernaut (U)
~ attacks each turn if able.
Whenever ~ attacks, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
5/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-07 >

Kavu Brute {3}{R}
Creature – Kavu (C)
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, target creature you control can't attack this turn.
Coordinated military maneuvers don't go well with the single-mindedness of a beast that has the natural instincts of an avalanche.
4/3

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-08 >

Portent Kirin {3}{U}
Creature – Kirin (U)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, scry 1, then reveal the top card of your library and note its name.
Whenever you cast a spell with a name noted for ~, draw a card.
1/3

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-09 >

Beckoning Herder {1}{W}
Creature – Kithkin Nomad (U)
{W}, {T}: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less from your hand onto the battlefield.
1/2

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-10 >

Skyknights of Azor {2}{W}{U}
Creature – Human Knight (C)
Injunction {W}{U} (You may cast this spell during any upkeep for its injunction cost. If you do, return it to your hand at the beginning of the next upkeep.)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
2/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-11 >

Azar's Kobolds {0}
{B} Creature – Kobold Zombie (U)
You can cast ~ only from your graveyard and only if you cast no other spell this turn.
The horrors of the necropolis range from world-rending threat to mere nuisance.
1/1

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2019-12-12 >

Armory Looter {R/W}
Creature – Kor Soldier (C)
{R/W}: Attach target Equipment you control to ~.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Definitely seen Armory Looter before - that's an old design of yours right? Recall liking it; Kazuul's Toll Collector is a pet card of mine.

Azar's Kobolds is an awesome deep flavor reference but I'm concerned even with all those restrictions it still does something broken.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator

I definitely mix old designs and new designs here depending on how satisfied I am with them and how interested I am to get some feedback.

---

Card of the Day 2019-12-13 >

Benthic Kraken {6}{U}{U}
Creature – Kraken (R)
~ can't be blocked except by Vehicles.
All of a sudden it became very apparent what caused the disappearance of multiple ships outside of storm season.
6/6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”