Collection Tracker - Open Beta - Feedback

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

The Collection Tracker was just released (proper announcement coming tomorrow).

This open beta is an initial release designed to get the basic necessities down and fluid, as we adapt to feedback and community usage. We will be adding many more features to the area in the short future, as its second wave will come with the expansion of the "Market Watch" area we have planned. Collection Tracker and Market Watch will tie together quite a bit, but we need a good round of feedback and community suggestions before we start the next step. (In the meantime I'm working on a different project, so that when it launches I can return back to this).

Future plans for this area include:
Custom Binders (add specific cards to a binder of your design)
Card Alerts (set up specific high/low price alerts on cards)
Compare to a [deck]-list. (what cards do you have/need)
..and more

For now, however, we need feedback on what is there.
Have you found a bug?
Is something not working how you think it should?
Is adding/managing cards working well?
Do you have an epic idea that you want us to add?

As always, I want to build what the community wants and/or needs in the best way that suits them. If I'm toiling away hours to make something, I want it to be something you truly want to use. The only way to adjust and shape it into that is for you to give me feedback and tell me what you like/don't like, etc. So, please, give me feedback.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I totally missed that this was added so I didn't get to it until now. I tried this out and have some thoughts below. Overall I like it but there are a few things I don't like about it so, of course, the "bad" section is larger but isn't meant to say the overall product is bad:

Good
  1. The pop-up for the cards is very good. "Jace, wi" gets me the right card without needing to type in the entire card name. So it goes decently fast.
  2. It has Foreign cards (not all; see below)
  3. It has a good interface in general for adding cards
Bad/Suggestions
  1. Missing some Foreign cards. I understand this is likely because Scryfall is missing them, but it is disappointing that I can't record that I own a FBB Birds of Paradise in Korean or Japanese (and others are missing too).
  2. Missing some promos such as the Beast Whisperer promo with the 5 mana symbols (similar to the Ratchet Bomb promo that is present).
  3. Automatic binders aren't working right. For some reason, Ilharg, Kenrith, Brazen Borrower, Torrential Gearhulk, and Yawgmoth all show up under WUBRG Mythics
  4. Related: I could see Kenrith showing up under than (due to the WUBRG color identity) but can this be defaulted one way or another? I would rather Kenrith show up under "White Mythics" since his color is white.
  5. Top Sets aren't working. I added in a few War of the Spark and Throne of Eldraine cards but my top sets show these have 0 cards.-
  6. Can we have a view that just shows all the cards in a list even if it is limited to results per page? And then allow for a search, similar to the add card search, that displays what we have. I think that would be easier to find what I am looking for rather than clicking on binders and scrolling through a ton of pictures.
  7. Also, in that view, don't show pictures
  8. This is a little tougher, but can there be a way to allow for mostly keyboard control? That is, I can type in the name to limit the results. Then, press the down arrow to highlight the card I want. Then, press a shortcut key to add a normal version or foil version. Then, when I start typing again, it starts typing in the search bar right away. This eliminates a lot of mouse clicks, but I understand it makes the back end much more complicated/
  9. It is allowed to add foils of cards that don't have foil versions and nonfoil of ones that don't have nonfoil. And, for the MTGO side, it allows for adding quantities for cards that aren't in MTGO such as Koskun Falls
  10. Cards with multiple versions aren't clear as to which version is being added without hovering over the card. For example, Brazen Borrower has 4 versions but they all display the exact same so I have to hover on all of them to know which is which. Having some sort of "version" column would be nice.
  11. Please put the "add a card" function at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. This way I can come out here and add a card more easily without having to scroll through all the binders and "Top Sets".
  12. Allow for customizing the page. I don't like the "top sets" section for example so I would rather it not be there.
  13. It seems that adding cards automatically adds the same number in the "Extras" column. This probably wouldn't be the biggest deal except there is a function that allows for removing all extras. I assume this would actually clear out the entire collection accidentally.
  14. Allow the Quick Search to partially match a card name. "Murderous" should match "Murderous Betrayal" and "Murderous Rider".
  15. Don't force us to choose a version when using this option; just display all of them.
  16. Add in support for importing a CSV file from Magic Album (I can provide a sample).
The suggestions section ended up being much larger than I expected. I understand not all of these can, or will, be done, but hopefully this isn't too daunting.

WizardMN

Another thing:

I have a way to reformat my Magic Album CSV into an MTG Studio format file and it seems to kind of work. However, a lot did not import. I believe this is likely due to the set codes not being the same ("IN" instead of "INV" for Invasion for example). Now, I have a lot that didn't import so I can just fix things on my side. However, some *did* import which means that if I now fix my file and import again, I will end up with duplicates.

Is there a way to not import anything if there are errors? And, in the event of errors, instead of just declaring an error, provide an option where I can just choose the right edition of the card with the quantities and name already filled in. Then, when I correct everything, import the cards at that time. Or, allow for an output of the bad cards so I can correct them en masse and import just those later.

Also, it seems that the import I used with the fields of:

Name,Set,Qty,Foil,Price,Condition,Notes

Didn't work quite right in that they all imported as nonfoil and almost none of the cards are nonfoil. Not sure if this is a problem with my file though. A good example is:

"Jace, Wielder of Mysteries",WAR,3,y,0.00,Brand New,

This line imported 3 copies of nonfoil Jaces even though column 4 ("Foil") is set to "y".

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Missing some Foreign cards. I understand this is likely because Scryfall is missing them, but it is disappointing that I can't record that I own a FBB Birds of Paradise in Korean or Japanese (and others are missing too).
Aye, we have the FBB 4th edition, but we don't have it broken down by language (just like we don't have non-english languages for most sets).
We'd need to break down each entry individually to allow a language flag.
Hmm. Let me think on that.
Missing some promos such as the Beast Whisperer promo with the 5 mana symbols (similar to the Ratchet Bomb promo that is present).
Added beast whisperer. It was the only missing card from this set. If you know of any others, please @ me and let me know.
Automatic binders aren't working right. For some reason, Ilharg, Kenrith, Brazen Borrower, Torrential Gearhulk, and Yawgmoth all show up under WUBRG Mythics
The "WUBRG" mythics are "White, Blue, Black, Red,or Green". IE: Monocolored. Seems like that's confusing and I should rename it to "Mono-Color Mythics".
(Kenrith shows up in the "Mono-Color Mythics" as well as the "White Mythics" that you can get to from your /binders/ shelf.
Top Sets aren't working. I added in a few War of the Spark and Throne of Eldraine cards but my top sets show these have 0 cards.-
Did you refresh / ensure you added them to the same tab you're clicking on? (regular/foil/mtgo/etc)
I've triple checked that mine are working.
Can we have a view that just shows all the cards in a list even if it is limited to results per page? And then allow for a search, similar to the add card search, that displays what we have. I think that would be easier to find what I am looking for rather than clicking on binders and scrolling through a ton of pictures.
"Search your collection"?
Similar to how the add-a-card is done with the name typing → instant list?
This is a little tougher, but can there be a way to allow for mostly keyboard control? That is, I can type in the name to limit the results. Then, press the down arrow to highlight the card I want. Then, press a shortcut key to add a normal version or foil version. Then, when I start typing again, it starts typing in the search bar right away. This eliminates a lot of mouse clicks, but I understand it makes the back end much more complicated/
Hmmm.
This would definitely need a dedicated page for input, but it's definitely in the realm of possible.
It would be quite a bit, so I'll add that to the iteration2 list.
It is allowed to add foils of cards that don't have foil versions and nonfoil of ones that don't have nonfoil. And, for the MTGO side, it allows for adding quantities for cards that aren't in MTGO such as Koskun Falls
Every individual printing is flagged for "has foil/nonfoil/mtgo/arena", and this is enforced on a card's page or set listing, but it looks like the logic fails in the add-a-card quick entry on the collections page. I'll adjust.
Cards with multiple versions aren't clear as to which version is being added without hovering over the card. For example, Brazen Borrower has 4 versions but they all display the exact same so I have to hover on all of them to know which is which. Having some sort of "version" column would be nice.
Hmm. I had the set icon there, but this fails for when the promos have the same symbol for sure.
Would adding the set's name be enough of a distinction?
Please out the "add a card" function at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. This way I can come out here and add a card more easily without having to scroll through all the binders and "Top Sets".
Noted.
Allow for customizing the page. I don't like the "top sets" section for example so I would rather it not be there.
This sounds like a strong thing to add for iteration 2. You can rearrange and hide/show areas to give you what you want. You'll have your add-a-card at the top where you want it, while I'll have mine at the bottom, etc.
It seems that adding cards automatically adds the same number in the "Extras" column. This probably wouldn't be the biggest deal except there is a function that allows for removing all extras. I assume this would actually clear out the entire collection accidentally.
Extras are, specifically, your Haves minus your Needs. If you supply a haves of "4" on something but leave your wants "0" this means you have an extra 4. Ideally, you could input tons of cards and then use the quick function to remove the extras.
I could add a checkbox to the add-a-card that basically says "put my wants equal to me haves as I add cards"
That work?
Allow the Quick Search to partially match a card name. "Muderous" should match "Murderous Betrayal" and "Murderous Rider". Don't force us to choose a version when using this option; just display all of them.
Hmm. I can add a new search that works like this.
It would probably work better as a search result page than a quick popup.
Add in support for importing a CSV file from Magic Album (I can provide a sample).
Absolutely. I went searching for all the various collection sites/etc.
If you can shoot me a csv so I can see the formatting, that would be awesome and then I can add it.
The suggestions section ended up being much larger than I expected. I understand not all of these can, or will, be done, but hopefully this isn't too daunting.
I love suggestions and feedback.
The project I just started will take a while, but swinging back to this is next on the list, so I need all the feedback i can get to make it what we all want/need. :)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Did you refresh / ensure you added them to the same tab you're clicking on? (regular/foil/mtgo/etc)
I've triple checked that mine are working.
I did refresh after adding anything (that is what I needed to do to show the binders and top sets in general). It looks like it is not including Foils in that number. I looked at Throne of Eldraine after trying to import a CSV and it shows I have 5 cards, but I have 5 that are nonfoil (due to the issue I mentioned above) and 9 foil. The 9 doesn't show up anywhere.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
"Search your collection"?
Similar to how the add-a-card is done with the name typing → instant list?
Basically, yes. Even now, as I try to go through things, it is a pain to find out if I have a certain card if I don't remember if it was an uncommon, rare, etc and I assume it will be more difficult with others since rarity changes with sets in certain cases. Just having a search to give me all my Dragon Mage copies without me having to go into the different sets and the Rare and Uncommon binders to find it.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Hmm. I had the set icon there, but this fails for when the promos have the same symbol for sure.
Would adding the set's name be enough of a distinction?
That depends. In the case of Brazen Borrower, the set name for all 4 would be Throne of Eldraine. Unless the set name you are thinking of is "Throne of Eldraine", "Pre-Release", "Showcase" and "Promo Pack". Those would work out well.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I could add a checkbox to the add-a-card that basically says "put my wants equal to me haves as I add cards"
That work?
I am sure that would work. I don't want to second guess too much here, but I do question the need for this in general. I just have a feeling that this could lead to too many issues where someone forgets to check the box and then accidentally clicks on "Delete Extras". But, with the desire to have an "Extras" feature, I am not sure there is a better way to handle it without forcing people to manually enter their extras. A check box would be a decent compromise.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Absolutely. I went searching for all the various collection sites/etc.
If you can shoot me a csv so I can see the formatting, that would be awesome and then I can add it.
I will get you a CSV file shortly. I need to mock one up as I don't think you want to have to pore through my entire collection.

WizardMN

Also, a couple more:

In the "Top Sets" function, the page drop down doesn't do anything. If I am on page 3 and select Page 6, nothing happens. I stay on page 3.

Can something be implemented to only show the cards I have added in the "Manage Sets" pages? I get that this is more to manage the set which is set up to allow for easy entering of new cards (after opening a box or five) but if I just want to see all the Planeswalkers I own from War of the Spark, I don't see a way to just view those cards without having to skip over all the ones I don't own. Even an option to sort the cards so all of the ones with a quantity greater than 0 are on top would be nice.

On that note, allowing for other sorts might be nice. While I would like the current sort by Collector Number since that is effectively how I sort my cards (Alphabetical within a color), I could see where others do something different or just want to see all the cards in alphabetical order when trying to view their quantities of cards across colors.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
In the "Top Sets" function, the page drop down doesn't do anything. If I am on page 3 and select Page 6, nothing happens. I stay on page 3.
Fixed.
It is allowed to add foils of cards that don't have foil versions and nonfoil of ones that don't have nonfoil. And, for the MTGO side, it allows for adding quantities for cards that aren't in MTGO such as Koskun Falls
Also fixed.
That depends. In the case of Brazen Borrower, the set name for all 4 would be Throne of Eldraine. Unless the set name you are thinking of is "Throne of Eldraine", "Pre-Release", "Showcase" and "Promo Pack". Those would work out well.
I redesigned it a bit, so the set code is visible and anything marked "promo" is highlighted.
I'm honestly not sure how to display the real differences between multiple cards from the same set on a non-image listing.
image.png
On that note, allowing for other sorts might be nice. While I would like the current sort by Collector Number since that is effectively how I sort my cards (Alphabetical within a color), I could see where others do something different or just want to see all the cards in alphabetical order when trying to view their quantities of cards across colors.
Sorting for sets and search results is on the long list.
WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
I did refresh after adding anything (that is what I needed to do to show the binders and top sets in general). It looks like it is not including Foils in that number. I looked at Throne of Eldraine after trying to import a CSV and it shows I have 5 cards, but I have 5 that are nonfoil (due to the issue I mentioned above) and 9 foil. The 9 doesn't show up anywhere.
This is confusing me, I see your foils in the system, and when I duplicate them on myself, it looks fine.
Pull up Murderous Rider. Does it show the foils there?
Can you show me what you see on the set's listing like this?
image.png
Basically, yes. Even now, as I try to go through things, it is a pain to find out if I have a certain card if I don't remember if it was an uncommon, rare, etc and I assume it will be more difficult with others since rarity changes with sets in certain cases. Just having a search to give me all my Dragon Mage copies without me having to go into the different sets and the Rare and Uncommon binders to find it.
Adding "search my collection" on the list. Might work that in before the next full iteration.
I am sure that would work. I don't want to second guess too much here, but I do question the need for this in general. I just have a feeling that this could lead to too many issues where someone forgets to check the box and then accidentally clicks on "Delete Extras". But, with the desire to have an "Extras" feature, I am not sure there is a better way to handle it without forcing people to manually enter their extras. A check box would be a decent compromise.
"Delete Extras" does not change your "haves". None of the quick actions change your haves.
"Delete Extras" means: Change your Wants to match your Haves (where you "have" more than you "want")
I will get you a CSV file shortly. I need to mock one up as I don't think you want to have to pore through my entire collection.
Responded. I need to add some backwards compatibility with old set codes.

WizardMN

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I redesigned it a bit, so the set code is visible and anything marked "promo" is highlighted.
I'm honestly not sure how to display the real differences between multiple cards from the same set on a non-image listing.
I like what you did, but is it possible to add more clarity to the "Promo" tag? That is, adding something to say Pre-Release promo (or "PR Promo"; I imaging this might be the most common) in addition to adding further detail to others to indicate different promos. I imagine this is a tall ask so I understand not being able to completely make the promos look different with just text. Without putting the full "Promo name" (Prerelease, Showcase, Borderless, FNM, etc.) I don't know that there is a good way to do this.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
This is confusing me, I see your foils in the system, and when I duplicate them on myself, it looks fine.
Pull up Murderous Rider. Does it show the foils there?
Can you show me what you see on the set's listing like this?
It turns out I am just an idiot. I didn't even notice the little tabs under each name that let you change between foil and nonfoil (and MTGO, etc). So, I was looking only at the nonfoil tab and expecting to see counts for foils. From what I can tell, this is working correctly.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
"Delete Extras" does not change your "haves". None of the quick actions change your haves.
"Delete Extras" means: Change your Wants to match your Haves (where you "have" more than you "want")
Ah. This was just a misunderstanding on my part. The fact that it *only* deletes the quantities in the Extras column means it kind of fixes the initial issue of having extra "Extras" to begin with without the issue I was thinking of.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Responded. I need to add some backwards compatibility with old set codes.
Another reason for me to get away from that application. It is, so far, the best I have found, but slow updates, missing cards, such as new promos, and, apparently outdated information, makes me want to find something different. I do like yours so far so I hope it becomes as user friendly (or close to it) as what I am used to.

Thanks for taking all the time to look into this :)

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

Two questions:
  • When I try to import Arena cards, it prompts me for a file. How do I create said file in Arena?
  • I have more than 1 MTGO and Arena accounts. Can I differentiate which cards are in which accounts? When entering/importing a file? When reviewing the collection? Would I need a separate Nexus account for each?

hoser2

I imagine you get this from a logfile somewhere, but just in case (I can provide the input file if desired). The two blank lines near the end seem to be an artifact of my process:
Importing Log

Validated MTGGoldFish Format

Debugging Log
(Debugging is on for Beta release.)

The following line did not process or match a card correctly:
Angelic Reward,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,2,""
Angelic Reward,ARENA,,0,""
Common Wildcard,MTGA,Magic Arena,141,""
Confront the Assault,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Confront the Assault,ARENA,,0,""
Forest,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Inspiring Commander,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,2,""
Inspiring Commander,ARENA,,0,""
Island,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Mountain,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Mythic Wildcard,MTGA,Magic Arena,35,""
Plains,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Rare Wildcard,MTGA,Magic Arena,84,""
Serra Angel,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,2,""
Spiritual Guardian,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,3,""
Spiritual Guardian,ARENA,,0,""
Swamp,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,1,""
Tactical Advantage,ANA,Magic Arena Exclusives,3,""
Tactical Advantage,ARENA,,0,""
Uncommon Wildcard,MTGA,Magic Arena,157,""

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

hoser2 wrote:
4 years ago
I imagine you get this from a logfile somewhere, but just in case (I can provide the input file if desired). The two blank lines near the end seem to be an artifact of my process
So MTGGoldfish had a different set name. I added an additional check that tries to match the set code, and this worked. I made an import file with the failed lines and it went through (with the exception of "wildcards" and the redundant 0-card entries).

To save you the trouble, I then applied those cards to your collection instead of mine, so they're there. ^_^

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

hoser2 wrote:
4 years ago
I have more than 1 MTGO and Arena accounts. Can I differentiate which cards are in which accounts? When entering/importing a file? When reviewing the collection? Would I need a separate Nexus account for each?
You'll need two accounts here.
Or you'd have to do something funny like have your second arena account be "mtgo cards" on here and just know that's what you did.

hoser2

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
hoser2 wrote:
4 years ago
I have more than 1 MTGO and Arena accounts. Can I differentiate which cards are in which accounts? When entering/importing a file? When reviewing the collection? Would I need a separate Nexus account for each?
You'll need two accounts here.
Or you'd have to do something funny like have your second arena account be "mtgo cards" on here and just know that's what you did.
Thanks! That seems like an appropriate choice of development priorities at this time.
IfWhen we are more popular, we may want to review this approach. It seems to me, developmentally, that you are already managing 3 hardcoded collections for people. Allowing people to define additional collections of the three types and processing a variable array of collections seems less daunting to me than adding the second and third collections for Arena and MTGO would have been. But now I am telling you about things that you know better than I, so I think I probably should have shut up after the first paragraph.

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 4 years ago

I need to add a Portal Gravedigger to my collection. When I do a search for Gravedigger, there are 24 versions, but Portal got cut off. How do I add the Portal version?
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
I need to add a Portal Gravedigger to my collection. When I do a search for Gravedigger, there are 24 versions, but Portal got cut off. How do I add the Portal version?
You'll need to either go to the set listing and manage your collection there, or go to the card details page for that version and manage it there.

cards/portal/15527-gravedigger
Just scroll down to "your collection"

There's only a couple dozen cards that have more than 24 versions, and a few that have hundreds, so 24 was a great stopping point.

RabidVacin

Thanks, it worked like a charm. Since you can list your wants and haves, I assume that other users can see my collection?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks, it worked like a charm. Since you can list your wants and haves, I assume that other users can see my collection?
Not yet, but it is something planned for next iteration.

Tentatively, everything would be private unless you want to share it. Possibly either "anyone can browse" or "create a link that I can share" or maybe even "Share just this binder with this link"

For now, "wants" just lets you keep up with "X card has extras because I have 7 and only want 4" and "Y card is needed because I have 2 and want 4" etc. Thats where the price alerts come in. If you tell it you want 4 and have 7or2, it'll say "Hey, this extra/need is Spiking/LowPoint.

:)

WizardMN

Another round of feedback:

I am working on just updating my code to convert the set abbreviations for Magic Album to ones your system uses. So far, it seems to be working reasonably well.

Missing Cards
Oversized cards in Archenemy: A Display of My Dark Power for example
Oversized cards in Archenemy: Nicol Bolas: A Reckoning Approaches for example
Oversized cards in Planechase (and Anthology): Academy at Tolaria West for example
Theros promos, such as Bow of the Hunter
Vanguard cards are missing: Ashnod
Collector's Edition (Domestic and International) are missing

Import Issues/Nice to Haves
I understand if these can't be changed for whatever reason. But, I wanted to report them anyway just in case since it would make importing things easier:

A lot of promos would be nice to see under one common heading.

Brainstorm, Anathemancer, Cast Down, etc. are FNM promos but they have different set abbreviations ("F04", "F10", "FDOM").

Judge promos are another that would be nice to be under their own, general, abbreviation rather than numbered so I can import them all as judge promos without needing to handle them manually.

Gateway promos (Boomerang, Duergar Hedge-Mage) are another that would be nice to see under one heading.

Masterpieces would be nice to be under one heading instead of MPS, MP2, MP3, etc.

Buy-a-Box promos would be nice to be listed under a general heading.

Arena promos (Gaea's Blessing) listed under one set.

Other issues
What is the layout for MTG Studio in terms of foils? I am using that layout as it seemed the easiest to convert my Magic Album to (and I had done it in the past) but it doesn't seem to like the "Foil" column (entry 4 in each record). I am using the output your program creates for MTGStudio as an example so I am not sure if their export is different than their import? Or if this is a bug. Their file format seems the easiest to create since it is just 4 columns so I haven't tried any others yet.

With that in mind, this seems to suggest that the import process doesn't enforce "foil-only" (or vice-versa) entries.

I am still playing around with things so I might come up with more but this is probably plenty for now :)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Oversized cards in Archenemy: A Display of My Dark Power for example
Oversized cards in Archenemy: Nicol Bolas: A Reckoning Approaches for example
Oversized cards in Planechase (and Anthology): Academy at Tolaria West for example
Theros promos, such as Bow of the Hunter
Vanguard cards are missing: Ashnod
Collector's Edition (Domestic and International) are missing
All of these are "noncards" in our system since they aren't generally playable. Currently, they are in a different database system, but are still in the system. This works great as a card system, but hits a major snag when I need to access them together with Collections. This is a shortfall that I'm still trying to figure out how to work through for our next update. We don't currently track prices on these either. Adding them to collections is definitely on the list for iteration 2
WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
A lot of promos would be nice to see under one common heading.
I could possibly create a "shortcut" that lumps them together? We mirror Scryfall, whose api makes much of our database so easy and complete, so lumping them together wouldn't make sense, but having a "If we're looking for 'FNM', look for 'F04', 'F10", etc, instead" could work.

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
What is the layout for MTG Studio in terms of foils?
I can't promise I'm not overlooking a typo/bug, but the format should be:

Code: Select all

Name,Edition,Qty,Foil
Shock,M20,4,Yes
Shock,M20,2,No
Zap,INV,4,Yes
Zap,INV,2,No
Where I have 4 foil Shocks, 4 foil Zap, and 2 non-foils of each.
Does your CSV look like that, with the "Yes/No"?

Edit: I do see a bug in our export for MTGStudio. It adds an unnecessary line for every card showing 0 foils. I'll fix that. Fixed.

WizardMN

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I could possibly create a "shortcut" that lumps them together? We mirror Scryfall, whose api makes much of our database so easy and complete, so lumping them together wouldn't make sense, but having a "If we're looking for 'FNM', look for 'F04', 'F10", etc, instead" could work.
I figured that was the case but that seems like a reasonable solution, if it isn't too much trouble on your end. Basically, a *lot* of my cards are promos of some sort so I am kind of hoping to make it a little easier on me to just import what I have. I realize this puts the effort on your shoulders so if it is too much, I can just handle things manually on my side. I am not sure how much use others would get out of it, and I obviously only need it once (assuming everything else with the file works).

Thanks!

RabidVacin

I have a promo version of Tale's End in M20, but only the regular version is available in the collection tracker.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
I have a promo version of Tale's End in M20, but only the regular version is available in the collection tracker.
Both Promos added.
We were missing quite a few M20 Promos evidently. Fixed.
Apologies for that.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

A "would be nice" feature:
- a table showing the biggest losses in value, similar to the table that shows the rises tht is already implemented.
For example, a couple weeks ago I saw a dip in the collection overall value of about 50$ happened overnight. It would have been nice to know which cards were devalued.

If it is already implemented and it is just me who didn't see it, then just disregard this.
Have to say that the tool is working pretty well.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I'll add it to the list when I circle back around

RabidVacin

I was adding Mystery Booster cards to the Collection Tracker and I think Rescue from the Underworld is missing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”