[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
So,there's one of those plastic storage things with a deck and three booster for sell at my local walmart, the three boosters are two guilds of ravnica and an unstable....i'm tempted to buy to see what the deck is.
It's gonna be some crap intro deck. I have been disappointed every time I've ever bought those mystery boxes and whatnot from Walmart. The only good thing about the one you describe is the box itself. Sadly, I keep seeing people on Facebook who find really good packs like the Masters series.
If it had been a masters pack, I would grabbed it no questions but I think i would have gotten more value out of the MH thing that was next to it (a box with 4 i think boosters) than gamble on two GoR and a UN booster lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Ok, so random narcissistic question: what Magic card do you most identify me with? (If any)
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

I mean, the cheesy answer would be this... but seriously, I'd have to give it more thought.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Hermes_

I reinstalled WoW....i don't know why...

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Ok, so random narcissistic question: what Magic card do you most identify me with? (If any)
recurring nightmare
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
what Magic card do you most identify me with?
Norin the Wary

I just love how he's cautious yet foolish enough to keep going. I'm always optimistic yet alert when it comes to taking risk, so i see myself in that.

Technically he's also fitting since, due to the multitude of hobbies i have, i am known for switching back and forth from avid to rare sight within certain groups of friends for no apparent reason (for them at least).

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Dakkon Blackblade

I know it's been a while since you had the deck, it's just the first thing I think of. ^.^

WolfWhoWanders
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by WolfWhoWanders » 4 years ago

Ooh dakkon... I've had a fetish if you will for that card since like 1997. One of the older kids in my boy scout troop gave me that card to keep back before I was properly allowed to play magic. Of course I keep a commander deck for him too. I'd be curious how others play him, mine is somewhat controlling with lots of shenanigans based around landfall. The original thought process was to theme the deck to Wagner's der ring of der nibilungen, so it is a deck that runs Armageddon (I try to always follow it up with a second sunrise but needless to say it doesn't work out every time). Anyway...

Enough rambling, I came here to ask a question. Is there a guide to how to format posts somewhere? Perhaps one geared to people whose primary (only in my case) method of browsing the internet is a mobile phone. I'd love to be able to "tag" people in the hopes of graining their attention to elicit a response. I'd also like to be able to post lists to get feedback, compare to others, and generally be able to join the discussion. That seems particularly daunting right now on a mobile phone. Thanks for your consideration.
Responds well to spells and abilities

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

WolfWhoWanders wrote:
4 years ago
Ooh dakkon... I've had a fetish if you will for that card since like 1997. One of the older kids in my boy scout troop gave me that card to keep back before I was properly allowed to play magic. Of course I keep a commander deck for him too. I'd be curious how others play him, mine is somewhat controlling with lots of shenanigans based around landfall. The original thought process was to theme the deck to Wagner's der ring of der nibilungen, so it is a deck that runs Armageddon (I try to always follow it up with a second sunrise but needless to say it doesn't work out every time). Anyway...

Enough rambling, I came here to ask a question. Is there a guide to how to format posts somewhere? Perhaps one geared to people whose primary (only in my case) method of browsing the internet is a mobile phone. I'd love to be able to "tag" people in the hopes of graining their attention to elicit a response. I'd also like to be able to post lists to get feedback, compare to others, and generally be able to join the discussion. That seems particularly daunting right now on a mobile phone. Thanks for your consideration.
Assuming you're talking about the native bbcode here on Nexus, there's a couple options, though none are amazingly easy on a mobile. It's just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

In terms of general replies and such, go to full editor instead of quick reply and you'll find a hot bar above the text box that quickly inserts code for card tags, deck tags, mana symbols, url links, size and color...most of what you'll need.

For a comprehensive list of the code in the site, there's a link viewtopic.php?t=155. You'll see it at the side of each reply box, even if you don't refer to it for every reply it's worth looking over once or twice - especially if you're planning a decklist of your own.

As far as tagging members goes, that's easy - just @ before the user's name and you're good.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cryogen
GΘΔ†

WolfWhoWanders wrote:
4 years ago

My Dakkon deck wasn't that dissimilar, although it didn't run Armageddon. Basically Esper control, and then use him towards the end of the game and hit someone twice or even once for lethal.

In addition to using @<user name> to tag someone (although the full code is [mention][/mention] so make sure you get the dropdown and click on their name to have the editor create the full bbcode), we have the same quick card tag code that other sites have: double bracket [ [card name] ], but without the spaces.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

So if you haven't seen the announcement yet, we have a collection tracker that's in open beta mode. So if that's a feature you're interested in, please check it out and give us your feedback, as well as features you'd like to see in the future.

Announcement

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

Can the collection tracker track down my playset of Grand Architects? Cause I'm pretty sure they get dumped into a draft leftovers box by accident, and I'm scared to look.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

WolfWhoWanders
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by WolfWhoWanders » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
So if you haven't seen the announcement yet, we have a collection tracker that's in open beta mode. So if that's a feature you're interested in, please check it out and give us your feedback, as well as features you'd like to see in the future.

Announcement
I've long desired a good and reliable way to log my collection. Can't mention how many doubles I've bought because I was in a rush to complete my cart and couldn't be bothered to check my collection, even though it's rather well organized. Things I'd like to see/are not sure if they exist are an ability to scan cards in, much like tcgplayers app does and the ability to export the list as a document or even Excel spreadsheet. I will spend some time with it later and try it out. Thanks
Responds well to spells and abilities

cryogen
GΘΔ†

WolfWhoWanders wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago

Announcement
I've long desired a good and reliable way to log my collection. Can't mention how many doubles I've bought because I was in a rush to complete my cart and couldn't be bothered to check my collection, even though it's rather well organized. Things I'd like to see/are not sure if they exist are an ability to scan cards in, much like tcgplayers app does and the ability to export the list as a document or even Excel spreadsheet. I will spend some time with it later and try it out. Thanks
From my understanding, the importer can pull from other sites where you may have already begun a collection, as well as the scanner apps.

Hermes_

cryogen
GΘΔ†

New life goal: edh cube with stax as the only draft able archetype.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
so the full mystery booster is up https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 19-11-11#1
Some cool stuff there, but there's a crap ton of chaff too. I guess that's probably par for the course with a chaos draft style release.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Hermes_

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
who hurt you?

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
who hurt you?
Everybody.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

Just an FYI to those that might care, the 2019 Holiday Card Exchange is live:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21474

Hermes_

Apparently SCG has dropped legacy support....

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 4 years ago

Is there a thread to drop (short) game reports?
Like a "Meta Dump" for anyone to offload or have a glimpse into other players' Metas?
I was able to get a few rounds of EDH over the weekend and felt like keeping track of what happened (roughly).

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
It's less of a thing than people are making out of it. They only ran events in the eastern US anyways, so if you were anywhere outside of the region the only thing disappearing is the 1-2 days of coverage a year legacy got from them. SCG stopped running events at all in the western US 4-5 years ago and they've never had a significant impact on the international legacy scene, which is pretty strong. Legacy has been a primarily community driven and/or online format for a lot of years now.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, in case you weren't aware the loss of legacy support from them is kind of doing bad things to Legacy as a whole. Its also throwing the secondary market for a loop as many reserve list cards did see play in legacy. We are lucky as I don't think its a huge deal for commander players but if you are looking to spend some money on some reserve list stuff its possible that now or the near future will be a good time to look for it.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

I am having an existential crisis.

I am building Aryel, Knight of Windgrace.

I have pulled easily over 600 cards from my collection - and there are still cards that I was looking for that I haven't found yet.

While pulling cards out, I started noticing trends and themes I could do - like soldiers. Soldiers and knights pair very well together, and mass soldier summoning/buffs can really boost your knight army. Or legendary/historic - Dominaria gave a really nice historic theme, plus, equipment.

But then... my god - there are so many crappy white Knight cards. It's amazing. I could make this deck... really... really bad. And I am so tempted to do it. I could have a full on Flanking theme, with knights, on noble steeds! Chargeing forward for Valor and Glory on a Noble Purpose with a Righteous Cause.

Why is that so appealing?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”