Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
I'm soon rebuilding because she needs a lot of help. :P
Muraganda Petroglyphs FTW
Looks like I'm ordering some cards soon! That one had been buried in my wishlist long enough I'd forgotten about it, too. Ayula is going to be getting some other powerful toys, too.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Sanity_Eclipse
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

*golf clap golf clap*

I love how hard you're going into beefing up 2/2 Bear token production. Not even sarcastic. Awesome. XD
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

lyonhaert
Answers: 4

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
*golf clap golf clap*

I love how hard you're going into beefing up 2/2 Bear token production. Not even sarcastic. Awesome. XD
LOL, thanks. Going to get Flaxen Intruder, too, but I've been on the fence about getting Bearscape because it needs a bit more build-around to put a modest number of cards in the graveyard intentionally rather than accidentally. But really there's only a handful of ways to make bear tokens so I'm also looking to get the most out of the nontoken bears, too. It's kindof of funny because there's definitely a ceiling to how good a bear tribal deck can get while maintaining the theme, even with some very powerful cards for support and shenanigans. And there's only so far I'll go, too, because Eldrazi Monument or Soul of New Phyrexia would help a lot... but they just feel wrong. :grin:

I just wanted to do something very different for my mono-green deck for a number of reasons.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

:check:

Do you already / Will you have Ayula's Influence? Add in good ol' Crucible and you've got instant speed bears without loss of ramp.

~~~~~

On a completely different note, I've finally ordered a couple of hopefully quality pillows to finish out... my bed's set? quality of sleep experience? something like that. Those kind of specifically designed for ___ body position sleepers with custom, adjustable filling and such. Biggest + on my mind is that they're ideally gonna be thick, supportive pillows to help with proper neck position while sleeping.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

lyonhaert

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
4 years ago
Do you already / Will you have Ayula's Influence? Add in good ol' Crucible and you've got instant speed bears without loss of ramp.
I do already have that in there. It's discard, though, so Groundskeeper / Life from the Loam would be the enablers instead of Crucible.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

[mention]bobthefunny[/mention] it's coming along nicely. You should see how open it is in person.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
bobthefunny it's coming along nicely. You should see how open it is in person.
The new room? Just say when.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
bobthefunny it's coming along nicely. You should see how open it is in person.
Yeah. Tried attaching a pic, but didn't work.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

So I have a friend. His birthday is soon. He requested we bring steak, and cake. He then realized his error, and stated, "but not a Steak Cake." He even singled me out, and said "I'm talking to you, bobthefunny."

But it was too late. And I took that singling out as a challenge.

4 layers of pan fried Cube Steak. Layers of Mushroom Gravy and Sauteed Onions in between (alternating). Held together with Mashed Potato "frosting." Reinforced with tots. Sprinkled with cheese, chives, and parsley "sprinkles."

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

[mention]bobthefunny[/mention] I don't even like steak and I want this in my life.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

cryogen
GΘΔ†

I could get down with some steak cake too.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

Well balls, I'm unexpectedly unemployed. On the plus side, I might actually be able to get down to my local Commander night for a bit now.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

i want some of that "cake"
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago
Well balls, I'm unexpectedly unemployed. On the plus side, I might actually be able to get down to my local Commander night for a bit now.

Dragonlover
That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, although at least you have a silver lining I guess?

What do you do? How long do you expect your down time to be until you get a new thing?

I'm lucky to work in web development, so long ago when I found myself unexpectedly unemployed it was at least a rather short down time.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

I've been doing data entry for a freight company, they just don't have the work right now. I'm hoping it picks up soon, but I'm not hopeful, since Brexit is probably the cause and that's not gonna get any better.

Downtime based on my unemployment this year I'd go with about a month as a rule of thumb, but six weeks or more wouldn't surprise me. If it gets to two months I'll see if my old boss at the LGS has anything going, he was muttering about not being able to keep up with singles orders last week.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Well, best of luck for you. Here's hoping.

Sadly, I don't know enough about the markets across the pond to help. I'd say that data entry sounds like a position that could be remote, so you might be able to find things online outside your normal area; but I know that a lot of US companies shun away from non-citizens, even though you wouldn't need a visa.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

bobthefunny wrote:
4 years ago
So I have a friend. His birthday is soon. He requested we bring steak, and cake. He then realized his error, and stated, "but not a Steak Cake." He even singled me out, and said "I'm talking to you, bobthefunny."

But it was too late. And I took that singling out as a challenge.

4 layers of pan fried Cube Steak. Layers of Mushroom Gravy and Sauteed Onions in between (alternating). Held together with Mashed Potato "frosting." Reinforced with tots. Sprinkled with cheese, chives, and parsley "sprinkles."

you need to patent this
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

so,after reading the announcement for pioneer, i get the feeling of the old Legacy>vintage>Extended>Standard but now it's Modern>Pioneer>Standard lol if you understand what i'm thinking lol
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

lyonhaert

Seems more like Legacy → Vintage → Modern → Pioneer to me, as all non-rotating formats, since Standard rotates.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

So........... the announcement of Pioneer feels like a slap in the face for those who were looking forward to Historic. It is getting a ton of tourney support and its going to be limited to paper and MTGO. Why are they making a new MTGO format instead of trying to make something more of Historic?

They literally could have made Historic into a paper format and expanded it back a few blocks coding those sets slowly into arena over time. I am very sad and feel like I have been punished this week for feeling like they were going to move forward with Arena making it feel more relevant going into the future.

Pioneer sounds great, my only issue here is that I have been investing into arena feeling like it would let me play some sweet magic formats moving forward. Instead I feel like I got punished this week.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

cryogen
GΘΔ†

For me the biggest insult is that fetchlands are now going to remain expensive, short of them reprinting them in a Standard set and preemptively banning them.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
For me the biggest insult is that fetchlands are now going to remain expensive, short of them reprinting them in a Standard set and preemptively banning them.
There has been a lot of speculation towards the idea that wizards probably won't ever print fetches in standard again. The Khans fetches jumped up a little in the last year with that. I don't know what all substance there is behind that idea but I remember watching a vid I think from Alpha Investments (youtube) on it a while back.

Most of this stems from how healthy they are for formats. We need them for modern but moving forward they kind of don't want to deal with them for other formats. Its probably a lot healthier to not put every format dependent on the damn things.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

I honestly felt they were setting up a fetch reprint in ZEN3. We got Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage this year, not really playing into the whole "fetches are not going to happen because shuffling" narrative. ZEN3 comes out once RAV3 rotates, taking its shocks with it, and nothing else land type'y is kicking around standard. It felt so right.

However, I highly doubt they'd print a land cycle only to immediately ban it in their new darling format.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Surely it wouldn't matter that much, they've already said the fetches are banned from inception of the format (actually, I only saw allied fetches on the list, but I assume enemy fetches are included too). I guess it doesn't make sense to print them again if they're excluded from the newest format, but it still doesn't impact literally any other format other than the mad rush for them in standard. I guess it could go either way - you never know, we might see them again at some point.

Idc either way, personally, although currently not owning any fetches whatsoever I certainly wouldn't say no to cheaper fetches in the future at some point.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”