NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Soul of Arcavios 4UU
Creature- Avatar (M)
Prowess
U: You may cast noncreature spells as though they had flash this turn.
U, Exile Soul of Arcavios from your graveyard: You may cast noncreature spells as though they had flash this turn.
6/6

Tempted to spam more entries, but I don't wanna take planes from other people.

IIW: Adventures

ApocalypseChive
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ApocalypseChive » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Soul of Kaladesh 4EE
Creature - Avatar (M)
At the beginning of each upkeep, as long as Soul of Kaladesh is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, you get E.
3EE: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control and draw a card.
3EE, Exile Soul of Kaladesh from your graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control and draw a card.
6/6

IIW: Energy is back in Modern Horizons 3 and you need to design a missing rare card for the set
Energy in mana cost has to come eventually right? I like the first ability the most here, makes it good in multiples and has lots of Johnny potential.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Soul of the Prison Realm 6
Creature - Avatar {M}
Ward 1
7: Exile target creature until Soul of the Prison Realm leaves the battlefield.
7, Exile Soul of the Prison Realm from your graveyard: Exile target creature.
6/6

IIW: two-way
People are really into extending this cycle eh? Something about these abilities not quite lining up is bothering me. This might have been a place to have a twist, like from the gy you can bust one of the people out of exile onto your side.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
Progenitus, the Sundered Worldsoul 2WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Hydra Avatar (Mythic)
Flash
Lifelink, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Progenitus, the Sundered Worldsoul.
When Progenitus dies, for each color, create a 2/2 Hydra Avatar creature token that is that color and has protection from that color.
10/10

iiw vampire hunters
Ah, we don't actually see a lot of the hydra head-splitting trope these days. Fits well with the idea that Alara had the sundering. The lifelink and flash feel kind of excessive but I suppose at this cost it's not too far off from what they give you on WUBRG cards these days.
1 year ago
Soul of Rabiah 4RR
Creature — Avatar (M)
Haste
2R: Put a drought counter on target land. It gains "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you." and becomes a Desert in addition to its other types. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
2R, Exile ~ from your graveyard: Put a drought counter on target land. It gains "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you." and becomes a Desert in addition to its other types.
6/6

IIW: chaotic wincons
Got that old school flavor along with the specific Desert callback. I'm not sure that the actual story of Rabiah dealt with encroaching deserts but that story is very obscure and it seems reasonable, even a neat possible threat for Rabians.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Soul of Arcavios 4UU
Creature- Avatar (M)
Prowess
U: You may cast noncreature spells as though they had flash this turn.
U, Exile Soul of Arcavios from your graveyard: You may cast noncreature spells as though they had flash this turn.
6/6

Tempted to spam more entries, but I don't wanna take planes from other people.

IIW: Adventures
Cool synergy between the static and activated abilities that we didn't see much of on the canon cards. If there was ever a place to start an enemy-color cycle of souls, wouldn't it be here?
Winner and next challenge
Show
Hide
Solid entries all around, but I was most pleasantly surprised by kwanyeegor-ii!
Next: vampire hunters

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Nahiri Restored 4RW
Legendary Planeswalker - Nahiri {M}
Equipment you control have "Equipped creature gets an additional +1/+1" and equip 1.
[+1]: Create two 1/1 white Kor Warrior creature tokens.
[-2]: Nahiri Restored deals 3 damage to any target.
[-8]: For each creature you control, search your library for an equipment card, put that card onto the battlefield, and attach it to that creature. Then shuffle.
{5}

IIW: Planeswalkers on vacation
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Rashka, Bane of Sengir 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Archer (M)
Double strike, reach, protection from Vampires
As Rashka enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Whenever a creature you control blocks or becomes blocked by a creature of the chosen color, the creature you control gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Great Goblins of history
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Dawn's Sun Unicorn
3{W}
Creature - Unicorn (U)
First strike
Prevent all damage dealt to Dawn's Sun Unicorn by Vampires.
Dawn's Sun Unicorn gets +2/+0 as long as an opponent controls a Vampire.
2/4
They already have the stake built-in.

IIW: Things that Phyrexia regretted compleating
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Odric, the Sunfang 3RW
Legendary Creature - Vampire Soldier
First strike, vigilance, haste
At the beginning of your end step, create a Blood token for each creature that died this turn due to combat damage and for each Vampire that died this turn. (A Vampire that died from combat damage would cause you to create two Blood tokens.)
3/3

IIW: Spiders without reach

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

judging now
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Nahiri Restored 4RW
Legendary Planeswalker - Nahiri {M}
Equipment you control have "Equipped creature gets an additional +1/+1" and equip 1.
[+1]: Create two 1/1 white Kor Warrior creature tokens.
[-2]: Nahiri Restored deals 3 damage to any target.
[-8]: For each creature you control, search your library for an equipment card, put that card onto the battlefield, and attach it to that creature. Then shuffle.
{5}

IIW: Planeswalkers on vacation
This is a cool static ability and the whole thing is fitting for Nahiri... she's only a hunter of one specific vampire really though lol. also the static ability feels kind of redundant with the ultimate
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Rashka, Bane of Sengir 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Archer (M)
Double strike, reach, protection from Vampires
As Rashka enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Whenever a creature you control blocks or becomes blocked by a creature of the chosen color, the creature you control gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Great Goblins of history
nice update to Rashka the Slayer. Feels like it could be a core set legend and might make blocking too powerful but however it is still a five-mana legend that dies to removal...
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Dawn's Sun Unicorn
3{W}
Creature - Unicorn (U)
First strike
Prevent all damage dealt to Dawn's Sun Unicorn by Vampires.
Dawn's Sun Unicorn gets +2/+0 as long as an opponent controls a Vampire.
2/4
They already have the stake built-in.

A great idea to have a nonhumanoid vampire killer. flavor text made me lol but the card overall is a narrow hoser and first strike on a 2/4 is not always so useful
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Odric, the Sunfang 3RW
At the beginning of your end step, create a Blood token for each creature that died this turn due to combat damage and for each Vampire that died this turn. (A Vampire that died from combat damage would cause you to create two Blood tokens.)
3/3

i really like this new version of vampireized Odric. "died due to combat damage" is not really a magic term but I know what it means haha. I also like that he is a vampire hunter who is also a vampire, like classic characters such as Alucard and Blade

winner: @lookingupanddown
next challenge: Spiders without reach
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Mind the Spiders 2GB
Tribal Instant - Spider Trap
Whenever a creature attacks you, you may pay BG rather than this spells mana cost.
Choose an attacking creature. Create X 1/1 green and black Spider creature tokens where X is that creature's power. It's controller discards a card.
"The spiders aren't real... They're in my mind... No. That's not right. I feel them under my skin. And now in my head." - The last journal entry of Geronimo Belvrant, Duke of Aracadia

IIW: Horrors
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Odric, the Sunfang 3RW
3/3

i really like this new version of vampireized Odric. "died due to combat damage" is not really a magic term but I know what it means haha. I also like that he is a vampire hunter who is also a vampire, like classic characters such as Alucard and Blade
I spent a while trying to work that wording, and I'm still not sure if there's any way to say it in Magic terminology. At some point it gave a Blood token for Vampires plus anything that died during the combat step, damage or not.
"At the beginning of your end step, create a Blood token for each creature that died during combat this turn and for each Vampire that died this turn."

Sporegorger_Dragon

Purseweb Spider
3{B}
Creature - Spider (U)
Deathtouch
Morbid - Purseweb Spider enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.
1/4

Sand Wheel Spider
1{R}
Creature - Spider (U)
Sand Wheel Spider get +1/+1 and has haste as long as you control a Desert.
2/1
At the top of the dunes, they tuck in their legs, sending themselves cartwheeling at high speeds across the sands.

Titanic Baloth-Eater
6{G}{G}
Creature - Spider (U)
Vigilance, trample
7/8
A close relative of the Goliath bird-eater.

Spider Eggsac
3{G}
Creature - Spider Egg (U)
Defender
Vanishing 3
Whenever you remove a time counter from Spider Eggsac, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach.
When Spider Eggsac dies, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach for each counter it had.
0/3

EDIT: Hold on, we don't have a single card named Tarantula yet?

Fire-Kneed Tarantula
2{R}{G}
Creature - Spider (U)
Trample
: Fire-Kneed Tarantula gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
3/5

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Trapdoor Behemoth 4
Creature- Spider
Flash, trample, haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, return Trapdoor Behemoth to its owner's hand.
Trapdoor Behemoth costs X less to cast, where X is the total power of creatures attacking you.
5/6

IIW: Return to return to Kamigawa

lookingupanddown

AAAAAH SPIDERS
Show
Hide
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Mind the Spiders 2GB
Tribal Instant - Spider Trap
Whenever a creature attacks you, you may pay BG rather than this spells mana cost.
Choose an attacking creature. Create X 1/1 green and black Spider creature tokens where X is that creature's power. It's controller discards a card.
"The spiders aren't real... They're in my mind... No. That's not right. I feel them under my skin. And now in my head." - The last journal entry of Geronimo Belvrant, Duke of Aracadia

IIW: Horrors
Interesting use of Traps to flood the board with Spiders. Not sure why the discard is there, but it does add to the flavor.
1 year ago
Purseweb Spider
3{B}
Creature - Spider (U)
Deathtouch
Morbid - Purseweb Spider enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if a creature died this turn.
1/4

Sand Wheel Spider
1{R}
Creature - Spider (U)
Sand Wheel Spider get +1/+1 and has haste as long as you control a Desert.
2/1
At the top of the dunes, they tuck in their legs, sending themselves cartwheeling at high speeds across the sands.

Titanic Baloth-Eater
6{G}{G}
Creature - Spider (U)
Vigilance, trample
7/8
A close relative of the Goliath bird-eater.

Spider Eggsac
3{G}
Creature - Spider Egg (U)
Defender
Vanishing 3
Whenever you remove a time counter from Spider Eggsac, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach.
When Spider Eggsac dies, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach for each counter it had.
0/3

EDIT: Hold on, we don't have a single card named Tarantula yet?

Fire-Kneed Tarantula
2{R}{G}
Creature - Spider (U)
Trample
: Fire-Kneed Tarantula gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
3/5

Spider team go!
Purseweb Spider- Oh, a real-life spider. Reminds me of Glowstone Recluse but death-focused, which will work well in Limited.
Sand Wheel Spider- Another real-life spider. Nice use of Desert synergy to show how these things roll around the sands.
Titanic Baloth-Eater- Once in a while you see a Spider that's big enough to be a Limited finisher, and they don't get bigger than this. Super Elfhame Wurm is always welcome.
Spider Eggsac- Vanishing Hornet Nest is cool... and it makes Spiders with reach. Moving on.
Fire-Kneed Tarantula- Not sure what's red about this, but nice mix of trample and pump ability.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Trapdoor Behemoth 4
Creature- Spider
Flash, trample, haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, return Trapdoor Behemoth to its owner's hand.
Trapdoor Behemoth costs X less to cast, where X is the total power of creatures attacking you.
5/6

IIW: Return to return to Kamigawa
Another instant-speed spider. I do like that you can always hold up at least (r/g) to scare people if you don't cast it during the turn, and trample and haste means you can eventually turn around to offense.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
HM: Sporegorger_Dragon for Purseweb Spider and Sand Wheel Spider
Winner: Mergatroid_Jones for Trapdoor Behemoth
Next: Return to return to Kamigawa

Post by avatarz » 1 year ago

Relic of Eiganjo 1W
Artifact – Vehicle (R)
Nestle (This artifact enters the battlefield with a nestle counter and if it would be put into a graveyard, you remove one nestle counter instead. For as long as it has a nestle counter on it, it's a Spirit creature in addition to its other types.)
Vigilance
2W, T: ~ deals damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking creature.
Crew 1
2/2

Art: a rusted, moss-and-dirt covered samurai robot in a defense stance in front of what seem ruins of a futuristic palace. From its junctures and cracks, a dim light leaks out

IIW: Chaotic wincons
Last edited by avatarz 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Silken Kite
Artifact Creature - Thopter
Flying
Silken Kite can block only creatures with flying.
3/1
Although the giant moths are long extinct, the sky is still filled with their wings.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Jungle Cyberarena 2GU
Battle - Network (U)
(As a Network enters, choose an opponent to protect it. You and other players can attack it, but damage doesn't remove defense. Instead, the first time each turn its damage reaches its defense, put a defense counter on it, and hack it.)
When Jungle Cyberarena enters the battlefield, create two 2/2 green Spirit Wolf creature tokens.
Hack - Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Draw a card.

IIW: cantrip

lookingupanddown

Sonic Beetle Driver 2U
Artifact Creature - Equipment Insect
Flash
When Sonic Beetle Driver enters the battlefield, attach it to target tapped creature you control. When you do, untap it.
Sonic Beetle Driver and equipped creature can't be blocked.
Reconfigure 2U
Mizushima was always the best at anything he put himself into. He saw it as following his path of providence to this moment.
1/1

Peach Liner Belt 2R
Artifact - Equipment
When Peach Liner Belt enters the battlefield, attach it to target non-Spirit creature you control. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Equipped creature gets +2/+0, has first strike, attacks each turn if able, and is a Spirit enchantment in addition to its other types.
Equip 2R
Takeru always thought he was naturally unlucky. Today, his good luck had finally arrived.

IIW: Battles from Magic's past

Mergatroid_Jones

Judging in 8 hrs or so

Ulka

Tamiyo's Understanding 3U
Instant - Arcane (U)
Draw two cards. If you control a Spirit, draw three cards instead.
"Tamiyo's death tore her away from the forced mechanical aspects of her life and back the truth of the past"

IIW: Arcane is back and its your job to make it fun mechanically

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Bao Peddler -- 1W
Creature - Human Merchant
2W, T: Remove target attacking creature from combat. Its controller creates a Food token.
1/1
If I Win: Stage magicians in Magic

Mergatroid_Jones

Judments
Show
Hide
1 year ago
Relic of Eiganjo 1W
Artifact – Vehicle (R)
Nestle (This artifact enters the battlefield with a nestle counter and if it would be put into a graveyard, you remove one nestle counter instead. For as long as it has a nestle counter on it, it's a Spirit creature in addition to its other types.)
Vigilance
2W, T: ~ deals damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking creature.
Crew 1
2/2

Art: a rusted, moss-and-dirt covered samurai robot in a defense stance in front of what seem ruins of a futuristic palace. From its junctures and cracks, a dim light leaks out

IIW: Chaotic wincons
I'm always up for a non-crew answer to vehicles. The flavor is a very literal take on the concept of animism. The Heavy Ballista ability is fun to see after 20 years of disuse. Maybe they've decided repeatable pinging is never in white and perhaps they don't like D'Avenant Archer abilities because they can create the kind of "nobody can attack" stalemates that often emerged in Magic's early days. But with the activation cost, this is very well telegraphed, and I don't see any problem in the world.
1 year ago
Silken Kite
Artifact Creature - Thopter
Flying
Silken Kite can block only creatures with flying.
3/1
Although the giant moths are long extinct, the sky is still filled with their wings.

Aww, but I like giant moths. It's almost like we should treasure biodiversity instead of squandering it, huh?

The card itself is simple and printable, and the card is not designed to be mechanically fascinating.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Jungle Cyberarena 2GU
Battle - Network (U)
(As a Network enters, choose an opponent to protect it. You and other players can attack it, but damage doesn't remove defense. Instead, the first time each turn its damage reaches its defense, put a defense counter on it, and hack it.)
When Jungle Cyberarena enters the battlefield, create two 2/2 green Spirit Wolf creature tokens.
Hack - Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Draw a card.

IIW: cantrip
My first thought when I saw battles was also "so what do they do if they aren't sieges?"

I think this is a pretty good answer to that, but I'm not into the flavor. A cyber battle isn't as dramatic as a physical one.

For some reason (I think partly because it's green blue) my mind keeps trying to read "cyberarena" as "capybara".
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Sonic Beetle Driver 2U
Artifact Creature - Equipment Insect
Flash
When Sonic Beetle Driver enters the battlefield, attach it to target tapped creature you control. When you do, untap it.
Sonic Beetle Driver and equipped creature can't be blocked.
Reconfigure 2U
Mizushima was always the best at anything he put himself into. He saw it as following his path of providence to this moment.
1/1

Peach Liner Belt 2R
Artifact - Equipment
When Peach Liner Belt enters the battlefield, attach it to target non-Spirit creature you control. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Equipped creature gets +2/+0, has first strike, attacks each turn if able, and is a Spirit enchantment in addition to its other types.
Equip 2R
Takeru always thought he was naturally unlucky. Today, his good luck had finally arrived.

IIW: Battles from Magic's past
I like Sonic Beetle Driver, though it should say "untap that creature". Pedantism aside, it is a solid design.

The non-spirit requirement on Peach Liner Belt turns me off a little, but I understand it. Interesting that the "it's an enchantment" equipment is red, considering red is the least enchantment-y color.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Tamiyo's Understanding 3U
Instant - Arcane (U)
Draw two cards. If you control a Spirit, draw three cards instead.
"Tamiyo's death tore her away from the forced mechanical aspects of her life and back the truth of the past"

IIW: Arcane is back and its your job to make it fun mechanically
I would be very happy to see a justified return of arcane.

The card here is fine and printable, but it's just an Inspiration that can be a Concentrate. Nothing too thrilling.
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Bao Peddler -- 1W
Creature - Human Merchant
2W, T: Remove target attacking creature from combat. Its controller creates a Food token.
1/1
If I Win: Stage magicians in Magic
That's a neat ability. I like that you can produce food for yourself from it (very inefficiently). I get vibes from the Gustcloak Sentinel family and from Trap Runner.

I like all that. But being a 1/1 for 2 with a costly ability gives me vibes of other things from that era like Avenger Il-Dahl. While the audacity of present creature-creep galls me to no end (seriously, Chrome Host Seedshark?) I do think the move towards creatures with baseline playable bodies is a positive one. To that end, I would do a redesign of the card to allow it that. Maybe a 2/2 vigilance for 2W-- that way it could remove itself from combat. It's conservative enough in the costing, you could maybe just make it a 1/3 for 1W. Is that too much?
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: Avatarz
HM: Juancu and OneAndOnly. Undoubtedly cool idea.

Next: Chaotic Wincons

Megiddo
MEG

Cascade Win Condition GUR
Enchantment {M}
At the beginning of each end step, if you chained five spells with cascade this turn, you win the game.

IIW: let's say battles are the new companion and need to be banned out of existence. What's the next new card type to try?
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Inept Apprentice 1UR
Creature – Goblin Wizard (R)
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, target spell becomes a copy of it. (It resolves and enters the battlefield as a creature.)
"And now we'll have to deal with three more of you... truly wonderful!" — Garamillo, Countermagic Savant
1/1

IIW: chaotic wincons
quoting so you can't edit your invalid entry away.

Goblinmancer 1UR
Creature – Goblin Wizard (R)
Flash
When Goblinmancer enters the battlefield, target activated or triggered ability becomes a 1/1 red Goblin. (Rather than the ability resolving, its controller will create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.)
"We taught him how to cast spells wrong, as a joke." — Avatarz, Transformagic Savant
1/1
Gobblinomancer UR
Creature – Goblin Wizard (M)
When Gobblinomancer enters the battlefield, if you cast it, any number of target spells each gain "Take an extra turn after this one."
"Sometimes, magic is just about being in the right place at the right time."
—Teferi

2/1
MEG

Ulka

Thunder Dome's Finale 4RR
Sorcery
Each player shuffles their hand, graveyard, and all nonland permanents they own into their library and then reveals that many cards from the top of their library. Each player chooses one creature or planeswalker card reveal and puts it onto the battlefield, then puts all cards revealed this way that weren't put onto the battlefield on the bottom of their library.

Each players draws 3 cards.

IIW: Cats

Mergatroid_Jones

Sivventosheth's Thirteenth Coven 4WWW
Creature- Human Warlock (R)
Vigilance
When an opponent casts a creature spell, that player may pay 1. If they don't, you may create a 0/1 white Warlock creature token with vigilance.
When an opponent casts a noncreature spell, that player may pay 1. If they don't, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
At the beginning of each end step, if you control thirteen or more creatures with different powers, you win the game.
3/13

IIW: Use cards to tell the story of a commoner surviving one of the many semi-apocalyptic events in MtG history.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”