Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest and determine a Limited format for the first Community Draft exercise on MTGNexus. The rules, as devised by Rezzahan, are as folows:

I, the host, will generate a random booster pack for each of the 8 players in a hypothetical draft, each of whom will have their own thread for discussion and voting. While anyone can vote in any player's thread at any time, please treat discussion as though you ARE that player; i.e. you don't directly know what the other players have picked. Participants can vote on any or all of the eight players' next picks, and the card with the most votes will be taken by that player. In case of a tie or if there is no vote, I will decide among the top contenders. I'll also give my own thoughts and picks during the voting time, but only in case of a tie will it matter. Participants must pick ONE card only from the pack. Partial votes don't count, neither do votes where I can't determine your pick. So be clear on what card you have chosen. After the voting ends, packs will be passed minus the picked card to the next player in order until all the cards have been taken. Then each player will get a pack 2 with reversed pass order, and finally a pack 3. The exercise will conclude with each player having a full draft pool.

For the first eight cards of each pack, you'll have two days each to vote and discuss. The remaining cards of each pack will be drafted on a one day schedule, because those cards typically don't matter as much and it makes the whole draft a bit faster. For the last card of a pack there is no choice, so I'll be heading straight to the next pack at that time. Updates will happen around 9-10 PM on weekdays here in sunny New Jersey, possibly earlier on weekends. Though from time to time, there will be short delays, usually no more than a few hours, due to work and life. Longer delays are possible as well, and I will inform you here if that happens.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

FoilSquared
Good evening, 47...
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoilSquared » 4 years ago

Yes, just yes, always wanted to do one of these.

Any ideas for draft formats?
EDH:
BTergrid, God of Fright // Tergrid's LanternB

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I'm in.

Would we want to start with something recent and familiar, like WAR? Regular drafters can offer recent experience as insight, giving newer drafters an easy reference to help hone their skills.

The idea of "exciting" and "unusual" drafts are enticing, but I'd love to start with something familiar first, to get into the swing of it.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

hoser2

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

This sounds fun and educational.
I am currently struggling to understand the Throne of Eldraine format, so that would get my vote.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

I think everyone would like a recent format, so perhaps we'll do ELD - other opinions are still welcome.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

Wait I'm confused wouldn't everyone be able to see what every other player has picked and what cards are in packs they haven't been passed yet?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Of course, but please refer to the first post: "While anyone can vote in any player's thread at any time, please treat discussion as though you ARE that player; i.e. you don't directly know what the other players have picked." A complete-information game makes the mental exercises certainly different from the actual experience of a draft but I think everyone found the format very enlightening in MTGSalvation's Limited forum.

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

Yes for my interest as well.

Are we taking requests for sets or do you have one in mind?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I'm still definitely listening to set suggestions but the general tenor right now seems to be in favor of a recent set, so I'm personally thinking of WAR or ELD.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And so I think the format will be WAR, starting tomorrow evening (eastern US)!

tempoEDH

Post by tempoEDH » 4 years ago

Seems absolutely great. One question. Where will this be done? Are the boosters and votes being done here? Sorry, I'm rather unfamiliar with this website still.
Current Decks:
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death EDH
Karlov of the Ghost Council EDH
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant EDH
Edgar Markov EDH
Emmara, Soul of the Accord EDH
Yarok, the Desecrated EDH
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden EDH
Kalamax (No infinites) EDH
Ghalta EDH
Current Projects:
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa/Silas Renn, Seeker Adept EDH
Neheb, the Eternal EDH

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

tempoEDH wrote:
4 years ago
Seems absolutely great. One question. Where will this be done? Are the boosters and votes being done here? Sorry, I'm rather unfamiliar with this website still.
So how this works is, there are now eight threads, one for each seat at the draft, in this very subforum. (I'll link them in the first post very soon.) You vote by post - just indicate which card you want for each pick. You're free to discuss before voting and edit your posts before I tally the votes.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

It is the last several hours of this round - get your pick votes in!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Round 2 is now up!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Still going steady - even if you haven't participated before, feel free to make pick votes for round 4!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Next round will be delayed a day.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Current round's still open, get those votes in!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Should be moving on to the next round tonight.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Transitioning to 24-hour rounds now, so get those picks in fast!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sorry for the delay, should be wrapping up those last picks and starting Pack 2 tonight.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Bumping just to say if you happen upon this subforum, why not get some picks in?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Draft Simulation”