The DCC - September 25, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Had a long flight today.

DCC Scoreboard

bravelion83 72 (+2)
slimytrout 65 (+2)
emily 63 (+3)
Sagharri 60 (+4)
RattingRots 57 (+3)
netn10 54 (+0)
shukkets 45 (+0)
void_nothing 44 (+7)
Rithaniel 42 (+1)
Krishnath 23 (+0)
Henlock 13
marioguy3 13 (+0)
Ink-Treader 12
Legend 6
kwanyeegor-ii 2

bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, Krishnath

Adventurous Necromancer 1BB
Creature — Human Wizard (U)
X, T, Exile Adventurous Necromancer: Choose a creature card in your graveyard that has an adventure. If the Adventure's converted mana cost is X or less, cast that card as an Adventure without paying its mana cost.
"'You only live once'? Who said that? I can make you live again, and I guarantee you that the second time it will be a completely new experience!"
—Zamoran, necromancer

2/2
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, emily,

Swarm of Spiders 1GG
Creature - Spider (Common)
Reach
Swarm (This creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control that shares a creature type with it.)
1/3
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
bravelion83, sagharri

Daybreak Guide 1UW
Creature - Spirit (U)
Vigilance, Lifelink
~ can't be blocked
1/3
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
rattingrots (love it!), void_nothing

hm: sagharri -- really wish it had been "artifact creature" instead of just artifact, since it's such a pain to have a bunch of barely relevant counters sitting on random artifacts.

Alright, that's probably enough fairy tale/camelot references from me:

Infernal Flames 1R
Instant (U)
Kicker 1B (You may pay an additional 1B as you cast this spell.)
Infernal Flames deals 3 damage to target creature. If this spell was kicked, it has deathtouch and lifelink.
shukkets wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, emily

Unscrupulous Delegate 1UB
Creature - Vedalken Rogue Advisor (R)
While voting, you may vote an additional time.
Whenever you flip a coin for the first time in a turn, choose heads or tails. You may have the result of that coin flip become the chosen result.
2/2
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: shukkets, void_nothing

Cult of Doom B
Creature - Human Cleric (U)
Pay 2 life: Add . Spend this mana only to cast a Demon spell.
Whenever a Demon enters the battlefield under your control, sacrifice a creature.
1/1
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, void_nothing

Time of Prison
Instant - Rare
Exile target creature. It gains In Memory (Whenever this creature's controller casts a creature spell that shares a creature type with this card, if this creature is in exile, put a retrieval counter on this creature. Then if there are three or more retrieval counters on this creature, remove all counters from this creature then put this creature onto the battlefield.)
Only those with strong familial support can escape the system that is meant to oppress.
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, Rithaniel

Orzhov High Dealer 4WB
Creature - Angel (Mythic)
This spell cost X less to cast, where X's the difference between your life total and the opponent with most life.
Tap an untapped creature you control: Target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
4/4
emily wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

On Waxen Wings W
Instant (U)
Cast this spell only during combat before blockers are declared.
This spell costs 2 more to cast if it targets a creature you don't control.
Target attacking creature gains flying until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, its controller sacrifices it.
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: RattingRots, void_nothing

Weight of Time
Instant U
Tap target creature if it's a player's first, second, or third turn of the game. Otherwise, exile that creature.
"So impatient, running around like a fool. Just sit a moment and wait. Give it a decade or two and your chance will come."
—Nova Yeht, the ancient
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, emily

Doveborne Missive WU
Instant (R)
Choose one -
• Counter target spell that targets you. You gain 2 life and scry 2.
• Counter target spell that targets an opponent. Create two 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, Rithaniel
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
slimytrout, RattingRots
Syr Lenrid, Knight Captain 2RWB
Legendary Creature — Human Knight (M)
Syr Lenrid, Knight Captain's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Knights you control.
Vigilance, trample
X, T: Look at the top X cards of your library. You may reveal a Knight card with converted mana cost X or less from among those and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
*/*
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

Votes: Rithaniel, slimytrout

Refreshed Student
Creature - Human (Uncommon)
When Refreshed student enters the battlefield, you gain 4 life and draw a card.
3/2
The refreshed mind is the one that is most fit for mage school.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, Rithaniel
notes
Show
Hide
Psst, void_nothing, you may want to recheck the votes yesterday, because your list says I got 0 votes, but your quoted posts says I got one. ;)

Situational Adaptability 1{G/U}
Enchantment (Rare)
Split cards you cast have fuse. (You may cast one or both halves of them when you cast them from your hand.)

Notes 2: Electric Boogaloo
Show
Hide
Not sure about the wording on this one.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

bravelion83, Slimytrout

True Believer 3UB
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When ~ dies, exile it and choose one:
-Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
-Draw two cards, then discard a card.
3/2

--

Ask Questions 1(U/B)(U/B)
Instant - Adventure (R)
You may cast Ask Questions only from your graveyard.
Surveil 4.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

krishnath, void_nothing
notes
Show
Hide
Kinda thought the Princess and the Pea would do better... Oh well.
Manifest Destiny 1GU
Enchantment (R)
Morph GU
Whenever a permanent you control is turned face up, manifest the top card of your library.
Face-down cards you control have hexproof.

shukkets

Post by shukkets » 4 years ago

votes: bravelion83, krishnath

Divine Fortress Tauqalea 4WU
Legendary Artifact - Fortification (R)
Creatures you control get -1/+1 for each creature you control and have vigilance.
Fortified land is 0/5 Wall creature with hexproof, reach, and "Whenever this creature attacks, you may have creatures you control assign combat damage equal to their toughness this turn." It is still a land.
Fortify 3

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, netn10

Tectonic Chain RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, tap target land that player controls.
2R, Sacrifice Tectonic Chain: Destroy target tapped land.

emily
No TERFs on Gruul Turf
Answers: 1
Pronoun: she / her

Post by emily » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, slimytrout

Gonna take a break for a while to come up with some more ideas. Might be a week, might be a month.
Spelled with a lowercase "e". Formerly master_of_the_universe on MTGsalvation. Two time DCC champ (06/21, 07/21).

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, Rithaniel

Sink Into Thoughts B
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards a card.
At the end of each player's turn, if that player doesn't have cards in their hand, that player loses 5 life.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, RattingRots
HM
Show
Hide
I would have voted for Sagharri, because I really like the idea and the execution, but turning life into however much mana you need is a bit much for a one-drop.
Sekhetis, the Covetous WUBR
Legendary Creature - Manticore M
Flying, haste
Whenever Sekhetis, the Covetous attacks, choose an opponent at random. That player chooses a nonland permanent he or she controls. Gain control of that permanent.
All that exists, he desires.
3/4
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: shukkets, emily

Landcage 1{U/R}
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant land
Landcage can only be attached to an untapped land.
Enchanted land doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Swampcycling 2
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

krishnath rattingrots

Creature--Avatar (Rare)
You can't cast noncreature spells
Whenever Avatar of Ignorance deals combat damage to a player, that player can't cast noncreature spells until the end of their next turn
5/5
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”