Soul of Windgrace (formerly Prossh, Henzie) - lands, etbs

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 4 years ago

SOUL OF WINDGRACE

INTRODUCTION

This is one of my oldest decks. Until very recently, this deck was commanded by Prossh, Skyraider of Kher. Over time I distanced myself from a dedicated one shotting machine as well as centering the deck around the food chain combo. Both strategies felt too fragile and linear for my taste. Prossh was used as an occasional finisher and some fuel for things like Smothering Abomination and Skullclamp.

Without protection I found prossh to be fairly fragile. A simple Path to Exile can really put a damper on your voltron dreams without any built in protection. Wasting a whole turn can be crippling.

I got to the point where this deck tended to gather dust. It just wasn't that consistent and struggled to be competitive despite the amount of value I have in it compared to some of my other decks.

Enter Henzie "Toolbox" Torre. For a while I've wanted a lower cost "enabler" commander for the deck that could give me the velocity and value from the command zone some newer commanders have been offering. Korvold, Fae-Cursed King is a great commander no doubt, but there is already a player in my group that pilots him a lot and I wanted to do something different in Jund colors.

Henzie ultimately was swapped out for Soul of Windgrace for a few reasons. Henzie started to feel similar to another deck I own, Kaalia. Cheating big creatures into play, reanimating, a focus on etbs and death triggers. It also suffered from still feeling unfocused and my win rate hadn't really changed much from Prossh

I still really enjoyed the lands matter theme, and so for the sake of focusing the deck, im going to aim for a focused lands matter, land sacrifice theme.

DECKLIST

LANDS MATTER (swaps in process)
Decklist

COMMANDER

LANDS (36)

Basics

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by RowanKeltizar 1 year ago, edited 64 times in total.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 4 years ago

Fiend Artisan is just amazing! This is a near perfectly designed card, at a broken cmc!

My goal with this deck in the near future is to bring down the average cmc a bit and increase my creature count. Something like Fiend Artisan plays into the plan very well.

I don't really feel that Bitter Ordeal is needed for the deck. It's kind of a unique win con, but in practice a win-con on a creature body is much more synergistic. So that will likely be coming out for Artisan which can greatly help us in our game plan.

In other news, I picked up a secret lair Meren of Clan Nel Toth for this deck as I really love the artwork and card frame. I think this edition is only going to go up in value since she is such a powerful card and commander. Looking forward to seeing how she plays in the deck.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

I am preparing to overhaul this deck and I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Here are a few goals I have in mind:

Increase resiliency. A board wipe can really do some damage if I don't have a way to recover since most of my ramp is on creature bodies. Board wipes are just a fact of life and I should be ready for them. I actually want to increase my creature density for the sake of synergy but I need to also increase my resiliency and find some ways to protect my creatures. Reanimation is great, but not quite enough. I think Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is a great fit for this deck and is something I can see prioritizing getting into play. Asceticism also does what I need it to, but has the disadvantage of not being a creature body itself. Vexing Shusher could give us a bit of protection against blue, however it is a bit niche and I don't always face off against control decks.

Optimize the role of Hermit Druid in the deck. A big issue I have right now is that Hermit Druid doesn't do enough for me when I need it to. I think I want to be running around 3-4 basic lands so that when I activate his ability, I have a good chance to mill a third or half of my library. Then, I need effects in my graveyard that I can immediately utilize. Dread Return is the ideal card for this since I can hand pick exactly the effect I need. Are there any other cards like this that I can cast from my graveyard after activating Hermit Druid? My goal at this point would be either to get a bunch of creatures into play with something like Living Death or maybe pop World Shaper for some serious ramp. I had considered Recoup or Past in Flames but it is a bit mana intensive unless I can generate more mana out of my graveyard with things like Dark Ritual. Dockside Extortionist is really the ideal here since I can sac and reanimate for lots of mana.

Hit harder with Prossh. I also want to more consistently deal combat damage with Prossh since he can be a big evasive beatstick. I think Xenagos, God of Revels should probably come in for this purpose since he allows Prossh to one shot someone. He's indestructible and also grants haste. Big benefits for this deck. Along these same lines Tainted Strike can also one shot someone as can giving him double strike with anything. Generally, being able to get more combat damage through in a creature based deck is going to be a good thing. As is, too many of my creatures don't want to attack until Craterhoof hits the field.

Get more consistent sac/reanimation loops going. - Having a sac outlet in my command zone is certainly a benefit and I've noticed that when I can actually get a sac loop going things get crazy pretty fast. I need more repeatable reanimation effects. Meren of Clan Nel Toth is kind of the ideal as she is a creature and the ability triggers on my end step which means I can get immediate benefit from her. Sheoldred, Whispering One might actually have to come out since she is such a big target and i almost never get to use her for what I really want which is the reanimation effect. Even something like Phyrexian Reclamation might be better even though it isn't actual reanimation.

Lower my mana curve as much as possible and optimize my ramp. One of the downsides of running effects on creature bodies is that my mana curve tends to be higher. This isn't an issue if I can reduce their cost, cheat them into play, or just get blowout ramp but I worry about getting flooded with high cost creatures early in the game. Fauna Shaman is really the ideal for this deck as she allows me to pitch big creatures in the graveyard and get things I can actually cast. Getting her into play early is a huge advantage. Late game she can also dig for bombs, so this is a card that I can really get behind and don't see myself ever cutting.

MOAR CARD DRAW - I've been noticing that I'm too light on card draw effects which should help provide that resiliency I am looking for. Fortunately, there are some great options available. I prefer my draw to be on a creature body. God-Eternal Bontu, Liliana's Standard Bearer, Erebos, Bleak-Hearted, and Smothering Abomination are the kinds of cards I'm looking at. If I can refill my hand by creatures dying than I'm in a good shape and can recover from a board wipe.

Optimize my removal. - Going with the creature ETB effects, I think Massacre Wurm and Bane of Progress need to come in since I can tutor for and recur them. I like Assassins Trophy as well for flexibility and efficiency.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

I just wanted to update this list. I've made a ton of swaps in the last year or so. I've generally been trying to increase my creature count, card draw, and optimize certain slots. I know there is more work to be done, but this feels pretty good.

The deck has a lot of neat synergistic interactions. I've always wanted to steer clear of a dedicated Food Chain build or too voltron and go more midrange value so I can play with all the awesome creatures in these colors.

There are still a lot of considerations on the table which I've listed in the OP. Certain cards I just don't have the cash yet to optain.

It is certainly difficult to balance my recursion and lands matter themes. I realize that Prossh is neither Meren of Clan Nel Toth nor is he The Gitrog Monster. Leaning too hard into either strategy dilutes the consistency of the deck. I think both themes have something to offer though especially when the theme that ties things together is actually "creatures matter." Another strong theme here is aggro. With cards like Xenagos, God of Revels it's hard not to lean more into the aggro them as well.

I find my current list works pretty well together and it is fun to play with. Because I'm trying to do a lot with the deck and it's purpose is still a bit in flux, I have a hard time making cuts and knowing what to swap in for the most consistent value. Some input there would be appreciated.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

For a long time I've been waiting for a more suitable commander for this deck I think we finally got it. Henzie "Toolbox" Torre does everything I want it to for a low cost enabler in the command zone. Haste, card draw, cost reduction, and a sac outlet!? Am I behind the art and flavor of this creature? No, but I don't really care.

Switching over to henzie will help me streamline the deck to be faster and more focused. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed really becomes an autoinclude here and there are plenty of other creatures that really hit that 4cmc sweet spot like World Shaper and others.

This gives me the drive to really update this list and bring it to my local table more often. I'll be posting more thorough updates soon.

EDIT: just realized this basically becomes a copy of my Kaalia deck only in Jund colors. Not sure how I feel about that. This has always kind of been a lands matter deck, so I might choose to lean it more that direction.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

There are so many options for this deck now it's a bit overwhelming. Generally, I want to keep my curve fairly low to the ground to increase the chances of say casting my 4cmc creatures for just 2 or even 1 mana. I think steering away from 6cmc and greater for the most part is probably wise since I can't always count on having Henzie play.

Here is a shortlist of cards I'm considering swapping in.

Mikaeus, the Unhallowed yeah, duh. This has always been a stupidly good card, but with Henzie, it's truly broken beyond belief.

All three kamigawa dragons Junji, the Midnight Sky Atsushi, the Blazing Sky Kura, the Boundless Sky . They all have great triggers and being 4-5cmc are definitely in the zone of being very playable.

Rampant Rejuvenator I really like creatures that fetch lands and this one is pretty decent. I don't have a bunch of basics though and no counter synergy

Kokusho, the Evening Star really decent here also

Druid of Purification Phyrexian Delver , Ravenous Chupacabra ,Noxious Gearhulk we are going to get a lot of value out effects on creature bodies here

Ilharg, the Raze-Boar great value here

Protean Hulk I think this becomes really insane here too

Cultivator Colossus I have a bunch of lands in the deck and this seems like a pretty fun way to get some onto the field.

Seedguide Ash this is really decent as it can obvisouly fetch non-basic forests

Pitiless Plunderer Ruthless Technomancer - some other ways to ramp

Garna, the Bloodflame

Massacre Girl potentially great. lots of tokens in my meta

Vile Entomber Acolyte of Affliction Gravebreaker Lamia for graveyard shinanigans

Whiptongue Hydra interesting effect. perhaps more of a sideboard card but there are a lot of flying creatures in my meta.

Polukranos, Unchained potentially a good removal engine, but also just good in a vacuum.

Kardur, Doomscourge great etb

Neheb, Dreadhorde ChampionNeheb, the Eternal both nehebs are probably decent here
Last edited by RowanKeltizar 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Adjusting my mana curve is going to be the biggest change to the deck I think. I have a lot of efficient 1-3 cmc creatures that don't get any benefit from my new commander. Staples like Eternal Witness tend to feel bad to draw into since I can't blitz them. Running 4cmc versions of a lot of my 3 drops when possible is probably the way to go. In the case of Eternal Witness, running Timeless Witness instead probably make sense. Suggestions are more than welcome in this regard.

Corpse Augur seems good

I think running 14-20 4cmc or greater creatures is probably smart so I always have something to blitz.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

I would be careful about going too HAM on the 4+ drops unless you go equally in on expanding your ramp. Another thing to consider is cards with natural cost reduction, like Torgaar, Famine Incarnate, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Dargo, the Shipwrecker, etc which can be blitzed at their own discount given that blitz is an alternate casting cost.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 2 years ago

You may also want to take a gander at creatures with native blitz costs, since Henzie reduces *all* blitz costs, not just the ones he grants. Tenacious Underdog in particular strikes me as one that is low on the curve, but a great draw engine late.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Good points. I will do a search for cards in these colors with native blitz costs and cost reduction. However, I think just vanilla beat sticks or cards that have no other functionality in the deck except to cantrip themselves don't seem like solid enough picks. But I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

14-20 4cmc or greater creatures shouldn't be that cumbersome. Don't forget that every time we cast Henzie from the command zone, we get additional cost reduction. I'm actually thinking about ways to sac him, but im sure he will naturally die to board wipes fairly consistently.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 2 years ago

If your intention is to blitz most stuff in anyway, Henzie being out means your 4 drops are 3 drops, so the higher average CMC of the deck isn't that meaningful.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

No love for Scapeshift? There are few feelings more satisfying than scapeshifting into a win with Valakut. But 3 colors may make it tough to support the critical mountain mass, even with Dryad of the Thirst Trap

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 1 year ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
No love for Scapeshift? There are few feelings more satisfying than scapeshifting into a win with Valakut. But 3 colors may make it tough to support the critical mountain mass, even with Dryad of the Thirst Trap
Thanks for the suggestion. It's definitely worthy of being in the maybeboard. Not just because of Valakut but because of how many utility lands I run, inlcuding Coffers. Crop Rotation has been really phenonemal for that reason.

I don't run very many basics because of Hermit Druid. Valakut isn't exactly a consistent win condition. Even if I do get Dryad of the Ilysian Grove online, it usually doesn't last long enough to really be win con, rather just some nice incedental damage.

That said, I have pulled off a kill or two with World Shaper and enough lands in my graveyard.

I think scapeshift approaches the terriorty of being a bit too land focused for the mana investment in a deck where my commander doesn't give me any direct synergy with that strategy and where I'm not super heavy with landfall triggers, etc...

Also, I don't own a copy yet. If there was a creature version that sacced even two lands to tutor, I'd be running it no question.

Food for thought! I will probably at least pick up a copy just to test it out. The prospect of getting a bunch of nice utility lands into play is pretty alluring.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
1 year ago
kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks for the suggestion. It's definitely worthy of being in the maybeboard. Not just because of Valakut but because of how many utility lands I run, inlcuding Coffers. Crop Rotation has been really phenonemal for that reason.

I don't run very many basics because of Hermit Druid. Valakut isn't exactly a consistent win condition. Even if I do get Dryad of the Ilysian Grove online, it usually doesn't last long enough to really be win con, rather just some nice incedental damage.

That said, I have pulled off a kill or two with World Shaper and enough lands in my graveyard.

I think scapeshift approaches the terriorty of being a bit too land focused for the mana investment in a deck where my commander doesn't give me any direct synergy with that strategy and where I'm not super heavy with landfall triggers, etc...

Also, I don't own a copy yet. If there was a creature version that sacced even two lands to tutor, I'd be running it no question.

Food for thought! I will probably at least pick up a copy just to test it out. The prospect of getting a bunch of nice utility lands into play is pretty alluring.
I gotcha, I'm struggling with it in my GB Erinis list even if it does create lots of tokens with Field of the Dead. The green Neon dragon (which I forgot interacted with lands until I perused your list) may be a better, more stable fit for the stuff I want to do without Valakut. I'll have to post my Yurlok list at some point, as it's similar and features Henzie.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

I don't play this deck, but graveyards and lands are my two favorite synergies.

Needs a Volrath's Stronghold that you can activate in response to the draw trigger to re-buy good creatures.

Putting 20+ creatures at 4mv and above makes you more reliant on the commander than I care to be. With the tutors, reanimation, and blitz draw you shouldn't have too much trouble having blitz targets when you need them even with a more modest mana curve. The commander is easy to cast and getting 3 casts out of it should it die will be easy for all the land synergies and ramp package. And having targets for the commander is important, where 20 targets is a modest number, however I would still be wary of the overall curve. Most of your non-creatures look low to the ground, so it probably plays better than it reads.

I LOVE land synergies and like everything your doing. Boseiju, Who Endures has over performed for me in a very short time. Hermit Druid can work well with 4-6 basics and still do it's job without being so all-in, but that is more personal preference. I play it with 10 basics just because I don't want my playgoup to freak out when I cast it. Milling 10-15 cards is plenty and likely to get me another activation anyway. Plus much of my ramp searches basics, so I don't want to run out on turn 4 and blank the rest of my ramp.

Looks like a very fun and powerful list of cards.

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Taking a second look at the list, you have quite a few creatures under 4mv and most of the non-creatures. List looks really well balanced. I'm not on the mana dork band wagon at this time since I'd likely be the one wiping my own creatures (and everyone elses).

Only seeing 5-6 red cards in the whole list. More flavor than power, but if I'm in a color I try to at least make that color somewhat represented in the deck. Purely personal preference. My deck was heavy blue with a pinch of red and it just made me wonder if having red in the deck was even worth it. Changed commanders and looked for good cards in red just to round out the colors somewhat. I'm not going to pretent I even bother looking for a perfect color split, but I do notice when one color seems to be there just because the commander has it. Looks like a good Meren of Clan Nel Toth list with a sprinkle of red.

Blitz gives haste. Lots of fun red creatures that love to have haste. Though again, not going to increase power level overall, but maybe increase fun by adding other lines of play.

Etali, Primal Storm defacto red bomb
Balefire Dragon defacto red bomb of yesteryear
Runehorn Hellkite slow wheel, blitz's for cheap
Goblin Dark-Dwellers my friend's pet card
Ancient Copper Dragon $$ I know :(
Having a hard time remembering good creatures that don't cost , but I'm sure you can find something if the mood strikes.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Thanks for the comments!
PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Looks like a good Meren of Clan Nel Toth list with a sprinkle of red.
I've often joked that this is the case. "This is Meren with red" but Dockside Extortionist (which somehow didn't make it into the above list), Purphoros, God of the Forge, Anger , Xenagos, God of Revels, Moraug, Fury of Akoum, and Imperial Recruiter all pull their weight.

Ironically, Meren and Gitrog don't get to see much action usually. They are both big targets.

I recently added Ilharg, the Raze-Boar and he's been doing some work too. Plus, we get Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle XD

I want to find more creatures that play well with Henzie's blitz mechanic. I've currently got a ton of creatures that actually want to stay on the field and I don't often blitz them unless I just need the draw. Probably a bit less than ideal.

I will be swapping Dryad Arbor for Boseiju, Who Shelters All as soon as the neon ink secret lair starts hitting the market. Dryad arbor tends to die too much and it's essetially a tapped land unless I have haste.

I'm considering swapping in the commander duals for this deck or the duals from the last innistrad block... but probably not necessary and I don't really have room anyway. I think I prefer the checklands over the innistrad duals and the commander duals are expensive. mana base functions fine as is.

i'm also running Grief to hopefully help deal with some problematic control cards.

I've thought about throwing one more board wipe in here. Living Death is usually my best board wipe.

Bramble Sovereign hasn't been played with yet but I got a copy to see if I like it.
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Alright, so I'm switching things up yet again with my Jund deck. The deck has suffered from a lack of focus for far too long. I think Henzie is still a great commander, but the deck started to feel too similar to my Kaalia, Zenith Seeker list. I struggled to win games honestly and have a consistent board presence due to my creatures always getting blitzed. I also still felt drawn to hone the deck more towards a lands matter theme since I don't have one and decided to find a commander that would support that plan.

I decided to go with Soul of Windgrace. This commander is pretty efficient and is still a fantastic enabler for this deck. He offers both ramp, card draw, and even life gain with some built in protection for himself. All great qualities for a commander IMO.

I know this is going to necessitate a lot of changes to the deck, but I'm up for it. Generally switching up my ramp package to lands instead of mana dorks, and just overall focusing on cards that support what my commander is doing. I think some of the 1 drop mana dorks can probably stay since that's a good spot in the curve for them.

What I plan to find room for:
MOAR lands. I'm thinking Windgrace wants plenty of lands in the deck with a focus on lands that pull double utility duty. I think around 40-42 would feel good since my commander has built in land cycling.

Lands I'm looking at adding:

Hall of the Bandit Lord - without Henzie at the helm, I will be looking to give my commander and other heavy hitters haste.

Glacial Chasm I've seen other landfall decks run this to great success. Having a tutorable panic button that I can also easily sac if need seems great.

Dark Depths urbor and yavimaya make it tap for mana which is my biggest issue with it in other decks. Having a huge beatstick seems pretty good on a land

Maze of Ith same as above, this can tap for mana and be a pretty good little deterrent.

Dakmor Salvage combos with Gitrog Frog and is just a decent little graveyard filler.

Lotus Field - sac lands. with multiple land drops and land recursion I think this will be great.

Field of Ruin, Ghost Quarter - probably both solid picks for this deck.

Ancient Tomb when this gets a reprint I'll probably pick a few up

Great land sacrifice enchantments I want to try:

Squandered Resources - just good

Desolation - puts a bit of chokehold on control players but also should give me a leg up on mana and guarantee I can steal other players lands.

Strands of Night - good reanimation engine I'm thinking. With Urborg in play all my lands are swamps.

Destructive Flow - attacking people's land bases is a powerful strategy however, I'm not sure how much playgroup hate I want to draw with this deck. It can be very frustrating to play against.

Landfall payoffs I'm considering - Generally, I want to focus on building a token army with my landfall triggers since that is something this deck has lacked in the past - a consistent board presence.

Titania, Protector of Argoth I think she is a no brainer in this deck.

Titania, Nature's Force her abilities are very strong, but again I will need to focus on getting Yavimaya into play

Dread Presence - same as above

Omnath, Locus of Rage very powerful landfall ability, a prime target for thins like natural order or reanimation

Draw

I think we are going to be relying on our commanders cycling ability a lot, but we still need more draw in the deck. With the landfall token engines cards like Elemental Bond and Garruk's Uprising are going to be good I think.

Valakut Exploration I think this card is honestly a sleeper. It's been fantastic in my dinosaur deck which isn't even a landfall deck.

Ramp Package

Basic land fetches aren't great because I am still trying to build around hermit druid.

Tireless Provisioner Is going to be all star in here I think

Deathrite Shaman I should now have enough excess lands to utilize him. Bonus points for exiling my opponents lands.

Orcish Lumberjack I've always liked this guy but I'm not sure if I can get Yavimaya into play consistent enough for him to work

Shadow in the Warp I still see myself having a pretty high density of creatures, so I should be able to get plenty of mileage from this here.

Azusa, Lost but Seeking I think additional land drops is still important enough to consider her. I just don't like that she doesn't do anything else.

Burgeoning or Exploration would also be decent with such a high density of lands. I like the efficient mana cost for the effect as this is a strong turn one play. Could simply be swapped out for a one drop mana dork.

Manabond might be an interesting include with so many lands, especially if I have enough payoffs and draw for the landfall. hard to say.

Other Stuff

Ancient Greenwarden is probably another auto-include

Uurg, Spawn of Turg Gitrog's cousin, I think he offers a lot of utility for 3 mana.

Scapeshift should probably be in here as one of the premier ways to tutor for specific nonbasics.

Nyxbloom Ancient wondering if swapping out Old Gnawbone would be a good move
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 1 year ago

I will just leave here my own version of Jund EDH list. The commander keeps rotating between Soul, the original Windgrace and Adun Oakenshield. The deck specializes in playing Life from the Loam again and again and again. Discarding lands in hand to various effects and taking them back. It can kill opponents slowly or through a number of 4-card combos (like f.e. Surly Badgersaur, Life from the Loam, Seismic Assault , Barren Moor). All these while the deck already has a number of midrangey creatures and PWs for more value and general synergy. It has many small nice things like Entomb for Loam or Raven's Crime. Also, you haven't lived until you sacrificed a Marit Lage to Ob Nixilis, the Adversary.
I don't play with it as much these days because it becomes a bit tiresome for my opponents to watch me just Loaming 4-5 times/turn. Feel free to take a look for inspiration though. :)

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/5131551#paper
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Dakkon Blackblade Miracles Control
Teneb, the Harvester Pestilence
Soul of Windgrace Loam Balance
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 10 months ago

It's funny how Jund decks transform. I've had a Korvold lands focused deck, that shifted a little more toward treasures (but even those were largely land-related as well with stuff like Brass's Bounty and Bootleggers' Stash), and am now swapping to Henzie, mostly due to Korvold not feeling like it has a table to play at--either it overpowers a table, or it loses to a fast combo. You mentioned someone else already piloting Korvold, but are they doing lands?

I will say, I've played against Lord Windgrace quite a bit, and have always felt like Korvold ended up doing lands matter better most of the time. Turning every fetch, Squandered Resources, and Scapeshift into card draw is pretty bonkers! It basically takes all the land synergy pieces and turns them into draw spells, or fodder to feed Korvold. On top of that, the game plan also gives you an enormous threat almost incidentally.

Here's the current iteration at the time of retirement: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/cpy8WLgekkaZW4cOaWcZNA
And my signature has an earlier iteration, before I swapped in a bunch of the treasure-themed cards.

I'll also note that Phyrexian Reclamation is a great card you may want to include. With Dockside Extortionist it's big value. Add a sac outlet and it's near-infinite (gated by life and treasures being produced).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”