void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: Companions

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 7
void_nothing 5 (+2)
Avacyn Believer 3
JovialJovian 3
Levin 3 (+3)
kwanyeegor-ii 3 (+3)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Two off-color activated abilities
JovialJovian wrote:
1 year ago
vote: Levin, kwanyeegor-ii

Hexgold Metamorph 2
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter (M)
1U: Hexgold Metamorph becomes a copy of another artifact, creature, or land on the battlefield, except it still has Hexgold Metamorph's abilities other than this one.
2R, Sacrifice this permanent: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a card that shares a card type with this permanent. Put that card onto the battlefield and put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
3G: Create a token that's a copy of this permanent. Activate this ability only if this permanent is not a token and only as a sorcery.
2/2

IIW: Corporate overreach
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes,: kwanyeegor-ii, void_nothing

Legal Defense 3W
Enchantment (Rare)
Spells your opponents cast during your turn cost 2 more to cast.
GG: Put a shield counter on target permanent.
UU: Put a stun counter on target permanent.

IIW: A card that conjures a card you got by hitting random on Scryfall
Avacyn Believer wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Levin, void_nothing

Twisted by Emrakul
Creature - Eldrazi Angel (Rare)
Flying
, sacrifice another creature: Twisted by Emrakul gains X +1/+1 counters where X equals to that creature's mana value.
: Gain control of target creature with mana value equal to X until end of turn.
3/3
"Once they guided the flock to their Blessed Sleep. Now they only bring death."

IIW: Ravnika guilds adventure cards
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Levin, kwanyeegor-ii

Onakke Poltergeist 2R
Creature - Ogre Spirit Artificer (R)
Whenever Onakke Poltergeist attacks, you may choose an artifact card exiled with it and pay X, where X is that card's mana value minus Onakke Poltergeist's power. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that card. If the token is a creature, it enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.
1W: Exile an artifact you control or an artifact card from your graveyard.
2B, Sacrifice an artifact: Draw a card. Put a +1/+1 counter on Onakke Poltergeist. You lose 1 life.
1/4

IIW: Three off-color activated abilities
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Valukhas, the Kingmaker 4
Legendary Creature - Wolf Unicorn (R)
Companion - Each nonland permanent card in your starting deck is legendary.
Other legendary permanents you control have ward 2.
If a triggered ability of a legendary permanent you control would trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.
2/3

IIW: Unusual creature type combinations
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: Avacyn Believer, void_nothing

The Ozolith, Broken 3
Legendary Artifact (Mythic)
The Ozolith, Broken doesn't count towards companions' deck-building requirements.
At the beginning of your upkeep, conjure a random companion that meets the deck-building requirements of your deck.

IIW: Three colored companion

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

netn10 void

Bonder's Beacon 1
Artifact (Uncommon)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay 1. When you do, target creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If that creature has hybrid mana in its mana cost, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature instead.
It costs you 2 less to put a card with companion you own into your hand.

iiw islandwalk
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”